1250 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Game Thread Lady Vols at South Carolina. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
governmentmule

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Lady Vols Game Thread Lady Vols at South Carolina

JAN 14 (SUN) 1:00 P.M. ET

at COLUMBIA, S.C.

TV: ESPN2

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

South Carolina is ranked 9th in the AP Top 25 poll and 8th in the AP Top 25 poll

focus on the turn overs and Defense all game ,I know

same as last game, but it evidently didn't take

as all ways Go Lady Vols

as all ways Go Lady Vols
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
teacherdean

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
[QUOTE=governmentmule;15013792]JAN 14 (SUN) 1:00 P.M. ET

at COLUMBIA, S.C.

TV: ESPN2

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

South Carolina is ranked 9th in the AP Top 25 poll and 8th in the AP Top 25 poll

focus on the turn overs and Defense all game ,I know

same as last game, but it evidently didn't take

as all ways Go Lady Vols [/QUOTES]

I heard Wilson was hurt and might not play. I would like to play at full strength so we will not have to listen to a bunch of, “What If “, when we kick their butts.

We need Nared to have her shooting hand back and to more shot selective. Russell has to show up on both ends of the court. We also need the freshmen to play under control. I hope we have figured out how to stop the drives to the hoop, if not we might get eaten alive . You know Dawn has looked at the A&M video. That is a player issue coaches MUST correct.

“Go Lady Vols Kick Some Gamecock butt”
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
Volfan2012

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Hopefully we will shoot the ball better in this game. I look forward to the game.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
lvocd

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
I have often noticed that Staley's players often feed off whatever visible emotion she's wearing on her sleeve. If Staley's body language moves from frustrated to angry to puzzled to worried, her players seem to pick up on that and lose confidence.

This is sometimes an issue on the Tennessee bench as well, so tomorrow's matchup may come down to which head coach can refrain from using confidence-crushing body language!

It'll bode well for Tennessee if Staley starts looking like she's smelling something really bad.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
mike099

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Hoping that Wilson can play. Should be a tight game, but only if the ladies learn from the loss and put it behind them.

My big concern about Tennessee is half court offense and dribble drives by South Carolina.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #6
Ladyvol777

This is a big game for Tennessee, a win sure would go a long way in boosting there confidence. It will be a great bounce back game. The girls tasted the defeat and did not like it. I'm sure South Carolina will see the best the Lady Vol's has to offer.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 01:24 AM   #7
Rickster

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
I think this bunch are winners. I don't think they will have trouble getting up to play the defending national champs at their place
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
RollerVol

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
"must win"...a loss can make or break you...we'll see...

GO LADY VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
scores4fun

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
See you guys there!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #10
Coach Jumper

Lady Vols

[QUOTE=teacherdean;15013845]
Quote:
Originally Posted by governmentmule View Post
JAN 14 (SUN) ......

I heard Wilson was hurt and might not play. I would like to play at full strength so we will not have to listen to a bunch of, “What If “, when we kick their butts.

I believe we can say the same. There is a stomach virus affecting us that has at least one of our starters "not at full strength"

BTW...I have dealt with food poisoning from a Mexican restaurant on K-Pike (Next to Jetts Pizza), that knocked me out of two days of work and is just now letting me stand for more than just a restroom run. Got so bad Friday, I found myself waking up on the floor with a gash on my forehead. Am just now starting to regain my balance and move around.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #11
mtsuraider06

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Confirmed that Wilson is not playing today.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
MandyLeanne92

A’ja Wilson in a pink cast, obviously won’t play today, but today’s game might be the least of South Carolina worries.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #13
leejoek

Our strength

We have forwards and guard who are better than others. Play to our talents. The main emphasis should be on dribbling and shooting, not passing the ball.

Watch our men play. They look for good shots.. They help each other in the man-to-man defense.

Please do trap or double team to create turnovers. Allowing an opponent repeatedly dribble all the way to the cup is not acceptable.

Block out!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #14
Benionsopinion

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
[QUOTE=Coach Jumper;15016790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdean View Post

I believe we can say the same. There is a stomach virus affecting us that has at least one of our starters "not at full strength"

BTW...I have dealt with food poisoning from a Mexican restaurant on K-Pike (Next to Jetts Pizza), that knocked me out of two days of work and is just now letting me stand for more than just a restroom run. Got so bad Friday, I found myself waking up on the floor with a gash on my forehead. Am just now starting to regain my balance and move around.
Sorry to hear that,CoachJ. Hope it's completely over. Sometimes these things hang on. I look for our Lady Vols to play well today. Have thought for the last three games that a bug might be bothering them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #15
Smallvol#1
MarchMatters

[QUOTE=Benionsopinion;15016831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jumper View Post

Sorry to hear that,CoachJ. Hope it's completely over. Sometimes these things hang on. I look for our Lady Vols to play well today. Have thought for the last three games that a bug might be bothering them.
I did too, Ben. They announced it was going through the men’s team a few games back, and, right after that, the Ladys had some “down” games. If that is the case, I hope they are over it.

And sorry about A’ja. No one wants a player hurt; of course you always want to beat the other team when both teams are at full strength. Plus she’s a great player and seems to be a great person.

🙏🙏your way.

CoachJ, hope you are feeling better.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP