1994 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Game Thread Lady Vols at South Carolina Page 17. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #241
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuyoika View Post
Just got to watch this game on replay. Good things to take away for both teams really. Tennessee did what they were supposed to do and finished out the game strong. It really is a testament to these freshman because last year Tennessee just didn't have enough viable options. If MR, DD, or JN were off or God forbid more than one of them were off it was an automatic loss. These kids have proven they are willing to pull their own weight, they really don't have a choice, but are taking on the challenge well.

South Carolina should be pretty proud as well. I expected them to get destroyed on rebounds, which they did, and figured they would foul a ton but they only had 3 more fouls than Tennessee and 5 less free throw attempts. They probably wish they had made a few more but to be within 4 points in the 4th without your leading scorer and rebounder I would say is encouraging. I was sure they wouldn't be able to muster more than 50 points but they still managed to put up 70 so I think Dawn should be pleased. What's even better is she can show these young players the tape of how sluggish they looked so they can work on their conditioning.
Can you post a link I'd like to see the replay of the game
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #242
bobkitten

Loved the way the frosh dug in when the going was tough. It had gotten a little loose, but they tightened it back up to end the game well!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #243
Smallvol#1
MarchMatters

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jumper View Post
My guide (comcast) gives 1/20 at 6:00 PM on ES2HD, whatever that is. Also is on Watch ESPN Xfinity has it on ESPN3; I can get it on my iPad or play it through the TV. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #244
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallvol#1 View Post
My guide (comcast) gives 1/20 at 6:00 PM on ES2HD, whatever that is. Also is on Watch ESPN Xfinity has it on ESPN3; I can get it on my iPad or play it through the TV. Hope that helps.
I have uverse, no recast...if you have an internet link, i'd appreciate it
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #245
Nuyoika

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jumper View Post
I watched it here w/ a Spectrum login: #6 Tennessee vs. #9 South Carolina (W Basketball) - WatchESPN
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #246
T_Vol376

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martic View Post
As you have responded before SMDH. But then of course you see nothing wrong wit you being duplicit. Did EW's people go off they way they talked about that poor child!? Of course I too should be entitled to my opinion. Seems to me you were encouraging a rift in "your"/our beloved team.
No.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 08:25 PM   #247
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuyoika View Post
Thank you Nuy
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #248
ksl415

Great game. Job well done to bounce back from the previous loss.

Player of the game:
Evina Westbrook

I DVRíd the game so I replayed a lot of plays and got to watch it intently.

My takeaways from the game:

As a team overall we did a great job, penetrating the zone, getting the inside to Mercedes and playing with more urgency.
Another recurring problem is the turnovers.
We are TOO laxed with the basketball. Lazy, fancy passes, forcing the pass into the paint with so much traffic.

Evina- great game, she dished it well in the first half and scored when we needed baskets in the second half. The loss to A&M and her mistakes did not phase her whatsoever. She plays with a lot of swag, which I love!
One of the plays in the first half when she ripped the ball from Herrigan gave me life!

Meme- steady game for her. Too many fancy passes with her, and she needs to be more selective with her shots selection. I love love her on the ball defense. I believe she is the most athletic on the team.

Rennia- didnít rebound as much today but she scored more this time and I just hope this will help with her confidence as the season moves on.

Jamie - great game, she usually takes the most shots on the team, I feel at times she needs to give up the ball in transition to a guard. She is very heady, I noticed her moves to the basket where she draws contact intentionally to draw the foul. She really gets banged out there and looked a bit tired to me.

Mercedes- great game, she had an awesome first half, I just wish they went to her more in the second half. She had a sweet move in the first half, I was impressed with that part of her game.

Annie- great job penetrating to the basket, she came in and changed the tempo of the game.

Kortney- they need to give her some more PT, run plays for her when sheís in to break the zone.

In regards to all of our turnovers, I really wish Holly would get on the players a little more. I know itís probably her personality. But I loved how Pat was in peoples grill for their mistakes and holding each player accountable. I think this MIGHT help with the players being smart with their passing and knowing when to pull it out if nothings there.

Looking forward to ND game!

Go Lady Vols! 🤟🏾🍊⛹️*♀️
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #249
madtownvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl415 View Post
Great game. Job well done to bounce back from the previous loss.

Mercedes- great game, she had an awesome first half, I just wish they went to her more in the second half. She had a sweet move in the first half, I was impressed with that part of her game.

Go Lady Vols! 🤟🏾🍊⛹️*♀️
I am glad you mentioned that. When she made that move, I did a double take-- did Candace Parker sneak on the floor?
I had no idea that Mercedes had that kind of ball fake, dribble move in her arsenal.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 11:40 PM   #250
ksl415

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtownvol View Post
I am glad you mentioned that. When she made that move, I did a double take-- did Candace Parker sneak on the floor?
I had no idea that Mercedes had that kind of ball fake, dribble move in her arsenal.
Right? She definitely has improved from her freshmen year. I think she will be too 5 come draft time.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2018, 01:20 AM   #251
Rickster

Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina Game Thread Lady Vols  at South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtownvol View Post
I think that's because she is usually carrying a couple of defenders on her body at all times. When she gets in a true one on one situation, this is the kind of stuff she can do.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #252
madtownvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
I think that's because she is usually carrying a couple of defenders on her body at all times. When she gets in a true one on one situation, this is the kind of stuff she can do.
Good point. Along with big bodies, teams often have a guard collapse on her so when MR puts the ball on the floor, there can be problems.
Reply With Quote TOP