Holly still can't coach.

OrngeJuiceJones

They miss 16 shots in a row to end the game into overtime and we lose? And that final play call out of a timeout, you inbound the ball and turn your back to the basket 30 feet away and let someone come all the way out there to get it with 7.8? Pure stupidity. She gave this game away and I'll bet you we lose next 3.

Reactions: 11 people
The warning signs were right there for everyone to see. Last 2 Games: Pushed to the brink by a mediocre Auburn team, and trailed the worst Vandy team in the last decade- right up to the very end.

This next 3 game stretch will show us how far this team can go in March. Early round exit? Or Final 4?

Reactions: 3 people
The warning signs were right there for everyone to see. Last 2 Games: Pushed to the brink by a mediocre Auburn team, and trailed the worst Vandy team in the last decade- right up to the very end.

This next 3 game stretch will show us how far this team can go in March. Early round exit? Or Final 4?

Should've gone over and over into the paint to Russell, wear it out especially if you're best players are lately in a slump and the opponent has missed that many in a row. Force it in there, make officials make calls too. Wasted chances, and my dog could've called a better inbound play with 7.8. and the play to end regulation..what was that too?

Last edited:
You knew they were just waiting... LOL Haven’t heard a word from these folks when the LV were on an undefeated streak.

Good team, talent is there.. but that isn't why this game was lost. So far they've outplayed, out-talented , and out hustle other teams. Some games will come down to in game and especially late game strategy especially with young teams and this one was lost because of it.

Reactions: 4 people
Should've gone over and over into the paint to Russell, wear it out especially if you're best players are lately in a slump and the opponent has missed that many in a row. Force it in there, make officials make calls too. Wasted chances, and my dog could've called a better inbound play with 7.8

The problem is that we've gone about trying to get the ball into center the exact same way for many years. A team of blind players could guard our pass attempts.

Tennessee is too predictable. They need to learn new plays that result in a pass to the interior. They can't keep doing the same things over and over and over and over. I mean, a team that was so exhausted they were barely standing was able to guard the middle.

We've got nothin' new. 😟

Oh look, yet another negative post by a guy who does nothing but whine about everything. "Holly sucks! Rick sucks! Lamonte Turnover! My god Fulk! Bone can't shoot!"

Reactions: 5 people
You knew they were just waiting... LOL Haven’t heard a word from these folks when the LV were on an undefeated streak.

I swore last year because of the poor coaching that I would not watch Lady Vols play this year. Just makes me mad to see so much talent wasted. When I saw that they were undefeated I thought maybe something had changed. Maybe adjustments had been made. Since I was free tonight I decided to watch and check out the LVs and hangout on VN.

Two things stood out:

1. This team is much more talented than last year and seems to play unselfish ball.

2. Coaching has not changed or improved.

Reactions: 12 people
She’ll never win big here! Such a shame! All that talent and they don’t know anything about fundamentals!

Reactions: 1 person
Oh look, yet another negative post by a guy who does nothing but whine about everything. "Holly sucks! Rick sucks! Lamonte Turnover! My god Fulk! Bone can't shoot!"

I just call it how it is. I was critical of Barnes before he took his T and stood up for the guy, that was a long time in the making and it had to happen. Lamonte does turn it over recently, and Bone has taken some bad shots up until the last two games. I have no answer for Fulkerson other than he may not be fully healthy and if this is the case then my bad for harping on a guy. Other than that I call it how it is. I also played basketball at a high level I do know the game inside and out. Maybe I should've named the thread Holly still can't coach fundamental basketball or draw good plays out of timeouts or late game situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I just call it how it is. I was critical of Barnes before he took his T and stood up for the guy, that was a long time in the making and it had to happen. Lamonte does turn it over recently, and Bone has taken some bad shots up until the last two games. I have no answer for Fulkerson other than he may not be fully healthy and if this is the case then my bad for harping on a guy. Other than that I call it how it is. I also played basketball at a high level I do know the game inside and out.

Blah blah blah, you just want to cry about everything.

I just call it how it is. I was critical of Barnes before he took his T and stood up for the guy, that was a long time in the making and it had to happen. Lamonte does turn it over recently, and Bone has taken some bad shots up until the last two games. I have no answer for Fulkerson other than he may not be fully healthy and if this is the case then my bad for harping on a guy. Other than that I call it how it is. I also played basketball at a high level I do know the game inside and out. Maybe I should've named the thread Holly still can't coach fundamental basketball or draw good plays out of timeouts or late game situations.

Perhaps you'd like to identify yourself and let us know which NBA team you played for.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back