Softball Season and Schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
tough season, as usual, but we got a little talent to compete...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

I hope that the highly rated freshman pitcher Gabby Sprang starts off w/a bang. I'm hoping she will have a dominate year for the UT LVs. Don't forget we also have JR pitcher Matty Moss to help our team in winning big games too. Just being able to watch Meghan Gregg play again this year is the cherry on top. GO Big Orange. Go Lady Vols softball.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope that the highly rated freshman pitcher Gabby Sprang starts off w/a bang. I'm hoping she will have a dominate year for the UT LVs. Don't forget we also have JR pitcher Matty Moss to help our team in winning big games too. Just being able to watch Meghan Gregg play again this year is the cherry on top. GO Big Orange. Go Lady Vols softball.

Don’t forget that Caylan Arnold was SEC Freshman Player of the Year. She won several big games.

Reactions: 1 person
Excited to finally see this team get going....

I'm looking forward to the impact that India Chiles will have on Holcomb, Leach, and McClain...as she not only teaches slapping but the ability to power slap

Who will be the catcher? Bearden, Ayala, Weimer, Lockman...my best guess is Bearden gets the first crack at it

Who replaces Geer in the OF? My best guess would be Ayala with Batts behind her

Who is playing 1st base? Ashley Morgan will get the first crack and I expect her to be there all season

How much will Sprang pitch? You may see Gabby get the lesser teams to start the year off first to get her feet wet.....Although you never know with Ralph and Karen as they threw Arnold out there against Oklahoma last season

A guess at the batting order would look like something like this

1. Leach 2b
2. Holcomb LF
3. Gregg SS
4. Vines DH
5. Seggren 3b
6. Ayala RF
7. Bearden C
8. Morgan 1b
9. McClain CF

Yes, the line up is all lefty's but it is what it is....you want the best players on the field well ours all bat lefty...this team is deep for once with good speed on the bench for pr if need be

Excited to finally see this team get going....

I'm looking forward to the impact that India Chiles will have on Holcomb, Leach, and McClain...as she not only teaches slapping but the ability to power slap

Who will be the catcher? Bearden, Ayala, Weimer, Lockman...my best guess is Bearden gets the first crack at it

Who replaces Geer in the OF? My best guess would be Ayala with Batts behind her

Who is playing 1st base? Ashley Morgan will get the first crack and I expect her to be there all season

How much will Sprang pitch? You may see Gabby get the lesser teams to start the year off first to get her feet wet.....Although you never know with Ralph and Karen as they threw Arnold out there against Oklahoma last season

A guess at the batting order would look like something like this

1. Leach 2b
2. Holcomb LF
3. Gregg SS
4. Vines DH
5. Seggren 3b
6. Ayala RF
7. Bearden C
8. Morgan 1b
9. McClain CF

Yes, the line up is all lefty's but it is what it is....you want the best players on the field well ours all bat lefty...this team is deep for once with good speed on the bench for pr if need be

If Lockman can hit, which she has not proved yet, maybe for a little while. I say Bearden and then Ayal
a. Ayala may end up at first however. I think Batts if India gets onh her early will give us a quality speedy outfield.

Good Luck and Best Wishes for another Great Season! I can't believe that it has been 4 years now since we were there

Attachments

• Melissa big Hit UT.jpg
    Melissa big Hit UT.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 153
  • MelissaFirstPitch1.jpg
    MelissaFirstPitch1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2
  • MelissaFirstPitch2.jpg
    MelissaFirstPitch2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2
  • MelissaFirstPitch3.jpg
    MelissaFirstPitch3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2
  • MelissaFirstPitch4.jpg
    MelissaFirstPitch4.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 7 people
Picked to finish 2nd in the SEC behind Florida...A&M was picked to finish 3rd, LSU 4th, Bama 5th, and Auburn 6th

Is Scarlet McSwain not a candidate to start this year?

She has been a candidate every year but she usually hits her way out of it. This year i don't even see her as a possibility if everyone shows up. JMHO and i like SM.:thud:

Thanks. Didn't know if she had maybe left the program. Good utility player but they have never found a solid position for her.

Thanks. Didn't know if she had maybe left the program. Good utility player but they have never found a solid position for her.

The weeklys gave her a lot more chances than a lot of players she just didn't have it...will hopefully be a nice bat off the bench when called upon though

Last edited:
Brooke Vines is out for the season. Had surgery the first of January on her Labrum and will not play all season.

Hate to hear that but if it needed done do it now. This will allow another freshman the chance to play. I really think Brooke would most likely been the DH this year. Someone else must step up!!!!!:mf_surrender:

Brooke Vines is out for the season. Had surgery the first of January on her Labrum and will not play all season.

Well dang...I hate that for her hopefully, she will heal soon....so now the question is we have to find someone to protect Gregg....cannot wait to see who does! Is it softball season yet? :rock::rock:

VN Store

Back