Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Reactions: 4 people
Will be the toughest road game we have played this season. They are a very solid team that really rebounds the ball. We can win if we limit the turnovers and come to play with intensity for forty minutes. The defense definitely has to step up over what they have been doing lately.

Like last year, I believe the ladies will play well in big games. What defense do you think we will run to account for Chennedy? I cannot remember, but a recent team that played A&M held her in check.

I would like to see Westbrook, meme, Nared, green and Russell in the starting 5.

Reactions: 1 person
Like last year, I believe the ladies will play well in big games. What defense do you think we will run to account for Chennedy? I cannot remember, but a recent team that played A&M held her in check.

I would like to see Westbrook, meme, Nared, green and Russell in the starting 5.

could live with that except I hope Westbrook has shaken off that funk from the Vandy game...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

run her ragged with Annie, then Me'me, then Evina. Also whoever she is guarding needs to shoot the ball to make her work at Defense.

Love to see Mercedes Russell, Jaime Nared, and Rennia Davis play 30 minutes each with Cheridene Green get 10 minutes from each one of them.

She scored 14 pts on 5-11 shooting in a win over UK in a game where Hillsman and Williams had big scoring games. I don't know if that's as much UK holding Carter in check or her getting the ball to the two hot hands.

I think keeping Williams in check is the key. She's probably easier to slow down than Carter, and taking away one of the perimeter threats gives Hillsman less easy looks.

Hillsman vs Russell and Howard vs Nared should be entertaining matchups.

Reactions: 2 people
She scored 14 pts on 5-11 shooting in a win over UK in a game where Hillsman and Williams had big scoring games. I don't know if that's as much UK holding Carter in check or her getting the ball to the two hot hands.

I think keeping Williams in check is the key. She's probably easier to slow down than Carter, and taking away one of the perimeter threats gives Hillsman less easy looks.

Carter also didn’t start the game and if I remember correctly didn’t play until the 2nd qtr.

I think the key to the game is preventing their offensive rebounding. Hillsman is a monster in there getting six and seven putbacks off of misses we can't let that happen. If we limit their shots we will win.

Massey calling it Tennessee 77 Texas A&M 71. Real time RPI says 80 to 75 A&M.

I see where Massey now has us going 26 and 3 for the regular season while Realtime RPI has it 23 and 6. Hopefully Massey is closer to right than they are.

I think the game can go either way depending on how Hillsman fares against Russell (she's one of the few SEC posts that can go toe to toe with MR) and if Williams has a hot hand. Nared will need to shoot better than she has the last few outings.

I like Tennessee in a close win.

Got to keep Arnold and Hillsman off the boards when they miss. Their freshman guard shoots it well enough without giving them a basket when she misses. This may be a game where Green will get to play a lot to spell Russell and Davis as it is going to be tiring in there with those big bodies.

Got to keep Arnold and Hillsman off the boards when they miss. Their freshman guard shoots it well enough without giving them a basket when she misses. This may be a game where Green will get to play a lot to spell Russell and Davis as it is going to be tiring in there with those big bodies.

I don't think Hillsman has a backup, so I expect she plays the whole game as long as she's not in foul trouble. Same with Howard. MR may not be able to get much rest in this one, because I don't think Green can stay with Hillsman.

I agree, and Kasiyahna Kushkituah could band for 5 minutes in this game.

I don't think Hillsman has a backup, so I expect she plays the whole game as long as she's not in foul trouble. Same with Howard. MR may not be able to get much rest in this one, because I don't think Green can stay with Hillsman.

I don't think Hillsman can stay with Green either so we shall see. I'd love to see Green play 20 plus minutes and see how she performs.

Green is stronger and plays harder than a lot of people think.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think Hillsman can stay with Green either so we shall see. I'd love to see Green play 20 plus minutes and see how she performs.

Green is stronger and plays harder than a lot of people think.

Her stats for 14 minutes of playing time a game are quite amazing. She is tall, strong, and has a motor really think she is a player we need more of in the lineup.

+1 on more minutes for Green. I'm seeing a close nail-biter remaining undefeated with a +6 point win. 77-71

Perimeter defense will be key. If Westbrook and Jackson play defense with their hands instead of their feet it could get a bit dicey. Foul trouble for them could really mess up the rotation. This is a game where I think Hayes could really shine offensively. Hopefully they play smart on the defensive end and take care of the ball on the offensive end. It would be great to see them really work on their half court stuff maybe some things they are planning to use in the next couple weeks. Get Nared back on track (get her at minimum 2 foul line jumpers per quarter, those are pretty much money for her). What would you guys say is the identity of this team? Or do you think they are yet to find it.

Perimeter defense will be key. If Westbrook and Jackson play defense with their hands instead of their feet it could get a bit dicey. Foul trouble for them could really mess up the rotation. This is a game where I think Hayes could really shine offensively. Hopefully they play smart on the defensive end and take care of the ball on the offensive end. It would be great to see them really work on their half court stuff maybe some things they are planning to use in the next couple weeks. Get Nared back on track (get her at minimum 2 foul line jumpers per quarter, those are pretty much money for her). What would you guys say is the identity of this team? Or do you think they are yet to find it.

I think they are balanced...much more so than previous years when they had players afraid to shoot. They pass and generally take good shots, and everyone shoots when open within their range. None of this 3 on 5 offense that has plagued them in past years.

I don't think fouls will be an issue. tAMu lacks depth behind their starting 5. They should be more concerned with fouls than Tennessee.

I think they are balanced...much more so than previous years when they had players afraid to shoot. They pass and generally take good shots, and everyone shoots when open within their range. None of this 3 on 5 offense that has plagued them in past years.

I don't think fouls will be an issue. tAMu lacks depth behind their starting 5. They should be more concerned with fouls than Tennessee.

I agree about fouls. Let Anastasia Hayes drive to the basket and draw the fouls.

Jackson needs to be glued to Carter and not accumulate fouls.

Her stats for 14 minutes of playing time a game are quite amazing. She is tall, strong, and has a motor really think she is a player we need more of in the lineup.

SHe will have to shoulder a big load in both PT and leadership next year... I do however think she can use a little more PT. . . . With her physical prowess for her size, she could become a A'ja-type player.

We need to do a better job of not going under the screen when defending one-on-one. Be in front of the screen-er, forcing her to move to where our help is.

VN Store

Back