Cheridene 'London' Green

T.J.

University of Tennessee Athletics

She played phenomenal against Vanderbilt.
Coming off the bench she is a spark. And when her and Cedes are in the game together makes Tennessee that much better. They control the paint on both ends of the floor.

She's a joy to watch especially her footwork in the paint. Her twist's and turns to get a shot up is fun to see. I think she hasn't hit her potential yet. There's room for growth.

I'm just happy that she's a Lady Vol. With her and Annie coming off the bench there is no drop off in play. They both exceed expectations.

Shout out to you Ms. Green!

Thank you!

GOLadyvols

Reactions: 9 people
100% Green has become a solid player on the floor. I think Hayes took a HUGE step forward tonight as well! Davis is amazing but tge high low with Russell high and green low is going to be golden by tourament time. We have 7 super solid players right now, and all, including our senior two are just triving. Thank you Holly for sitting Westbrook and not putting her back in. Love her, she deserves to be on the floor, but it allowed Meme and Hayes to show, yet another look we will through at you. I guarantee that bench seat ain't something Westbrook wants again!

Reactions: 3 people
:whistling::whistling::whistling:Thanks goodness for the fourth quarter...that is the way we need to play every quarter. The first three quarters was our "standing offense" with essentially the players not moving and just standing. I have griped all year on turnovers and the LV certainly had that under control for the V game. With the next 4 games a must for the season, it would be great if we could come out with 3 of the 4...if its 4 for 4 then we should be in the final 4 and send "Geno" out crying!

Last edited:
Since the first time I saw Green play I've been hoping that her role would grow larger and her minutes would greatly increase, because I feel like she could the difference between a Sweet 16 appearance and a Final Four.

I really do.

Besides, I'll state the obvious by saying that the more she plays this season the better Tennessee will be next season. It's a win-win for Holly to go Green.

Reactions: 1 person
:whistling::whistling::whistling:Thanks goodness for the fourth quarter...that is the way we need to play every quarter. The first three quarters was our "standing offense" with essentially the players not moving and just standing. I have griped all year on turnovers and the LV certainly had that under control for the V game. With the next 4 games a must for the season, it would be great if we could come out with 3 of the 4...if its 4 for 4 then we should be in the final 4 and send "Geno" out crying!

Am happy the LVs have started strong and are playing much better than years past. They have to evolve on both ends of the floor to be in the same sentence with Geno though.

I don't know. I though the LVs were moving fairly well in the first 3 quarters. They got the ball to MR, had shots in the lane, and a number of open looks. Unfortunately, they were not hitting from outside the arc and missed a lot of shots at the rim. So, I think it was more a bad shooting night than poor offensive exectution.

But the 4th quarter was better. The LVs press was very effective but teams really can't press like that for 40 minutes (particularly with a short bench). Presses work best as an element of surprise--suddenly the other team finds itself under pressure and does not have time to adjust until multiple TOs have been made.

What struck me as how different the LVs press looked from years past or even this season. I think they dissected film from the Auburn game and followed that model.

Reactions: 4 people
What struck me as how different the LVs press looked from years past or even this season. I think they dissected film from the Auburn game and followed that model.

If so, that was a wise move; it seems our press has been ineffective for several years.

Love your posts, madtown, as usual.

Benion, not wanting to go OT, but how is your wife doing? 🙏🙏🙏your way.

Reactions: 2 people
Am happy the LVs have started strong and are playing much better than years past. They have to evolve on both ends of the floor to be in the same sentence with Geno though.

The great thing about this team is that their trying to prove their worth not comparing themselves to anyone else. I honestly think this team tries to focus on one game at a time. I don’t even think they are looking towards a final four or match up with UCONN. While that is their goal of FF and a championship I think they are focused on doing the things to get them there. They have said if we play the right way everything else takes care of itself. With that being said Geno is doing what he is supposed to do with the stockpiled talent he has accrued. Something TN failed to do with all the talent we have had the past couple of years. Getting Azura Stevens as your 6th man is something not many people in the country can boast about LOL.

I think this is one of Holly’s best coaching jobs. Ahe has done it with all her players she recruited too. Russell signed with Holly even through the coaching hange and said her relationship with Dean was a good one. A lot of people say “ with 4 incoming all Americans she should do well”... People also have to look at she lost 4 HS All Americans so it was an even trade of sorts (DD, Te’a, Jordan, and Alexa all were McDonalds all Americans with experience).

Playing in that Cancun Challenge of 3 games in 3 days where your team is young (Green was still rounding into shape remember her preseason was not like the rest due to setback s it was shortened). The competition may not have been top 5 in the country but they performed wel with minimal time to prepare for the next opponent.

I think Schaffer (sp?) is another onewho has done a great job at Ms St. with less proclaimed talent and developing a team and team chemistry.

The great thing about this team is that their trying to prove their worth not comparing themselves to anyone else. I honestly think this team tries to focus on one game at a time. I don’t even think they are looking towards a final four or match up with UCONN. While that is their goal of FF and a championship I think they are focused on doing the things to get them there. They have said if we play the right way everything else takes care of itself. With that being said Geno is doing what he is supposed to do with the stockpiled talent he has accrued. Something TN failed to do with all the talent we have had the past couple of years. Getting Azura Stevens as your 6th man is something not many people in the country can boast about LOL.

I think this is one of Holly’s best coaching jobs. A lot of people say “ with 4 incoming all Americans she should do well”... well she had four coming into the fold.

People also have to look at she lost 4 HS All Americans so it was an even trade of sorts (DD, Te’a, Jordan, and Alexa all were McDonalds all Americans with experience).

Playing in that Cancun Challenge of 3 games in 3 days where your team is young (Green was still rounding into shape remember her preseason was not like the rest due to setback s it was shortened). The competition may not have been top 5 in the country but they performed wel with minimal time to prepare for the next opponent.

I think Schaffer (sp?) is another onewho has done a great job at Ms St. with less proclaimed talent and developing a team and team chemistry.

Seems to me Schaffer does more with less than about anybody. And I don’t mean that as a put down on any of his girls.

Another good post, VA_VOL. Enjoy reading your posts.

Reactions: 2 people
If so, that was a wise move; it seems our press has been ineffective for several years.

Love your posts, madtown, as usual.

Benion, not wanting to go OT, but how is your wife doing? 🙏🙏🙏your way.

Smallvol,I always enjoy your posts and insight into the Lady Vols. I,too,continue,even these many years later, to recall that Duke game as the epitome of bad officiating. It almost seemed by design to keep the Lady Vols from winning four national championships in a row. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my wife. At this point,she has completed chemotherapy and radiation treatments and continues to see her oncologist on a regular basis. Still has bad days sometimes,but seems to be better daily. The mental aspect of fighting cancer has been tough on her. She and I again thank you for your prayers and for checking on her. We trust in the Lord to see us through.Go Lady Vols!!

Reactions: 5 people
With Davis in somewhat of a slump especially on defense we may need to use Cheridine more in that four position.

100% Green has become a solid player on the floor. I think Hayes took a HUGE step forward tonight as well! Davis is amazing but tge high low with Russell high and green low is going to be golden by tourament time. We have 7 super solid players right now, and all, including our senior two are just triving. Thank you Holly for sitting Westbrook and not putting her back in. Love her, she deserves to be on the floor, but it allowed Meme and Hayes to show, yet another look we will through at you. I guarantee that bench seat ain't something Westbrook wants again!

:good!:

Holly did good on keeping Evina on the bench alongside Rennia. Annie and Cheridene were given much more and providing momentum for the win.

This season has been a godsend thus far!

We'll know for sure if they are legit in the upcoming weeks.

GLVs!

With Davis in somewhat of a slump especially on defense we may need to use Cheridine more in that four position.

The best part? Rennia and Cheridene gives us two different type of players.

Rennia is more of a wing but rebounds with the best of them.

Cheridene is more of a banger that rebounds with the best of them.

When one sits the rebounding does not miss a beat.

I'm lovin' it!

GLVs!

Since the first time I saw Green play I've been hoping that her role would grow larger and her minutes would greatly increase, because I feel like she could the difference between a Sweet 16 appearance and a Final Four.

I really do.

Besides, I'll state the obvious by saying that the more she plays this season the better Tennessee will be next season. It's a win-win for Holly to go Green.

:good!:

Smallvol,I always enjoy your posts and insight into the Lady Vols. I,too,continue,even these many years later, to recall that Duke game as the epitome of bad officiating. It almost seemed by design to keep the Lady Vols from winning four national championships in a row. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my wife. At this point,she has completed chemotherapy and radiation treatments and continues to see her oncologist on a regular basis. Still has bad days sometimes,but seems to be better daily. The mental aspect of fighting cancer has been tough on her. She and I again thank you for your prayers and for checking on her. We trust in the Lord to see us through.Go Lady Vols!!

Will keep praying for both of you.
Ps 121:7-8🙏. My favorite OT verses.

Rebounds per 40 mins played

Green 14.4
Davis 12.5
Russell 11.3
Nared 10.9
KK 7.6
Jackson 7.3
Dunbar 6.6
Hayes 5.1
Westbrook 4.3
Harris 0.7

Rebounds per 40 mins played

Green 14.4
Davis 12.5
Russell 11.3
Nared 10.9
KK 7.6
Jackson 7.3
Dunbar 6.6
Hayes 5.1
Westbrook 4.3
Harris 0.7

That's how I had the top four in my mind before you posted this telling info. I do feel like both Green and Davis have a special knack for taking advantage of rebounding opportunities.

Overall Tennessee is doing well on the boards, for sure.

Green should play more but Holly gets nervous about her offense, I think. Who knows, but she's def earning more playing time. She plays hard when she gets in.

Points per 40 minutes played

Russell 22.7
Nared 21.3
Green 17.6
Hayes 17.4
Davis 16.5
Westbrook 14.2
Jackson 13.3
Dunbar 11.2
KK 6.5
Harris 3.6

Points per 40 minutes played

Russell 22.7
Nared 21.3
Green 17.6
Hayes 17.4
Davis 16.5
Westbrook 14.2
Jackson 13.3
Dunbar 11.2
KK 6.5
Harris 3.6

Wow, I wouldn’t mind seeing that top five on the floor together. Would be one of the best rebounding squads in the country. Jaime can play two guard in that lineup.

Seems to me Schaffer does more with less than about anybody. And I don’t mean that as a put down on any of his girls.

Hey SV hadn't heard from you or seen you in a little while is everything going okay

When Davis is not aggressive and playing defense need to go to Green. You got to get out on those three point shooters even if you risk a drive by. I'd rather give up ten layups than 10 threes. For me three point shooters are going to earn those points they are going to have to make it with a player right in their grill not a two foot space right in their face. If they decide to drive have to trust the backside defenders to control the play.

He has certainly turned McCowan into a terrific player as she was not highly recruited by a lot of teams even though she is 6'7"
His daughter can shoot the lights out even though she is mildly athletic.
I am impressed as to how well they play defense not the most athletic group they are technically sound and don't make a lot of mistakes. We should best them at home if were aggressive and play the type of defense we can play.
We haven't done that except for a few minutes in the last two games.

VN Store

Back