SC/Missouri

How/why did Staley get the T’s? Only saw the video of her walking off the court.

South Carolina lost to Missouri last year didn't they... and with a better team? So them losing today shouldn't really be surprising. Also, A'ja has been dealing with a lot of foul trouble lately because of two things.

1. The SC guards have a hard time keeping their man in front of them causing the SC bigs to pick up early fouls. It really puts Jennings and Wilson under a lot of pressure. If they struggled with Ole Miss they certainly were gonna struggle with Missouri.

2. Wilson has way more on her plate this year. The team is severely imbalanced. They had her dribbling the ball up the court vs the press the other day in the 4th quarter. Why? Because they had to. She is getting warn out.

Playing at Missouri. Lot of home cooking probably and Missouri is a dirty team even when the refs are competent/fair. Dawn probably just lost it.

The second T Dawn got was the call on Wilson's 5th personal. I thought the call was correct as Wilson displaced the defender and should have been smarter. I thought the refs were atrocious the entire game but SC shot themselves in the foot by not making perimeter shots and allowing Mizz to dictate pace.

OTHO Cunningham is a VERY DIRTY player! WOW! 3 of her fouls were offensive because she swings elbows to displace defenders. She's a very good player but man she's dirty!

SC has a chance to get revenge on the 28th. I will be there fired up and I know dawn & the team will be as well!!

Reactions: 3 people
The second T Dawn got was the call on Wilson's 5th personal. I thought the call was correct as Wilson displaced the defender and should have been smarter. I thought the refs were atrocious the entire game but SC shot themselves in the foot by not making perimeter shots and allowing Mizz to dictate pace.

OTHO Cunningham is a VERY DIRTY player! WOW! 3 of her fouls were offensive because she swings elbows to displace defenders. She's a very good player but man she's dirty!

SC has a chance to get revenge on the 28th. I will be there fired up and I know dawn & the team will be as well!!

Where ya been? Haven’t seen you on in awhile. By the Cunningham I don’t know if she is dirty or just fiery! I do see what you are talking about the elbows I remember when she and Alexa got into it last year. Then she and Nared and then her and DD lol 😂 looking back she may have a little bit of dirty player in her.

A’ja has been amazing this year and I am impressed on her improvement! Wishing you guys a great rest of the season except against us lol

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't watch the game but Mizzou the last few years has been a dirty team in general across the board. They've turned into the new Vandy. They are sneaky and try to get away with as much stuff as possible. I still remember that game at TBA a couple years ago.

Reactions: 2 people
Sophie plays hard and physical... just like SC's players.

I think Dawn's frustration today was caused by 1) her perimeter players playing poorly when they needed to step up, 2) knowing that she was out-coached for the second straight time at COMO and future opponents' coaches were taking notes and 3) she couldn't bully the refs like she does at home games.

She knew that showing the refs up by not making the replacement for Wilson in a timely fashion would anger them -- but I think she was surprised when they t'd her up and ejected her. She'd been jawing the refs constantly and cursing like a sailor the whole game -- I don't think she knew what else to do. And btw, I'd have to check, but I think Mizzou outscored SC even while Wilson was on the floor.

Wilson is a tremendous player and didn't really have a bad game... when you're triple teamed and the other team is rotating players to soak up fouls you can't really have any kind of game at all unless your teammates pick up the slack. For the most part, they didn't.

BTW, I've been a big fan of Staley since her playing days at VA. She is a great coach and a fierce competitor.

Mizzou gets up for SC at home like for no other team. This is the kind of nationally televised game that Pingeton is using to build her program and increase attendence. It's also great for recruiting and gave Cunningham and Amber Smith some well-deserved notice.

Some questioned her holding out Sophie from the LSU game which resulted in a close loss. But she'd trade that for this result any day of the week. Missouri's only previous win over a ranked team was California. This win could help Mizzou's NCAA seeding down the road just like last year's.

Dawn should've been asked to leave in the 3rd...giving refs pure hell...just like Mizzou was giving her team...Mizzou won in spite of the refs...Mizzou is tough...:):)

GO LADY VOLS!

You have to have a good group of officials in order to keep Mizzou's shady behavior at bay. Three years ago in Knoxville we had Enterline, Koch and Cross and it was a hot mess. I see today's trio at Mizzou was Brewton, Metta Roberts and Luis Gonzales so I'm not shocked that Dawn was pissed because that's a horrible group of officials.

Reactions: 1 person
You have to have a good group of officials in order to keep Mizzou's shady behavior at bay. Three years ago in Knoxville we had Enterline, Koch and Cross and it was a hot mess. I see today's trio at Mizzou was Brewton, Metta Roberts and Luis Gonzales so I'm not shocked that Dawn was pissed because that's a horrible group of officials.

The refs let Missouri mug South Carolina and flopped every time they got touched!!! But it worked and the reffs went along with the show???

Reactions: 4 people
Like I said, they're the new Vandy. Our game with them is going to be hell, similar to what we have experienced in the past at Memorial Dump, especially if we get a crew like we usually get at Memorial Dump.

Not 100% sure but something about officiating.

Coach stanly was talking back at the referees when 3 seconds wasn't called on Missouri player,and was constantly on the referees. She did what she supposed to do. At times referees suck on whistle thinking it's a candy instead of calling foul. Overall, S.C did not play well at all, A'ja got 5 fouls and 8 point. Funny as soon as A'ja left with 5 fouls, her coach followed her with technical foul with just a minute left.

Coach stanly was talking back at the referees when 3 seconds wasn't called on Missouri player,and was constantly on the referees. She did what she supposed to do. At times referees suck on whistle thinking it's a candy instead of calling foul. Overall, S.C did not play well at all, A'ja got 5 fouls and 8 point. Funny as soon as A'ja left with 5 fouls, her coach followed her with technical foul with just a minute left.

She got the T because the substitution for A’ja was not in time. That’s why they occurred so closely together.

Where ya been? Haven’t seen you on in awhile. By the Cunningham I don’t know if she is dirty or just fiery! I do see what you are talking about the elbows I remember when she and Alexa got into it last year. Then she and Nared and then her and DD lol 😂 looking back she may have a little bit of dirty player in her.

A’ja has been amazing this year and I am impressed on her improvement! Wishing you guys a great rest of the season except against us lol

Hey Va Vol! I kind of took a break from all the boards to enjoy the Holidays. Happy New Year BTW!! You guys are looking great and I'm absolutely looking forward to next Sunday!! That will be a barn burner!! Good luck to you guys as well :rock:(except against us of course:))

Staley has no class!

She spoke up against the commentators when TN struck out and said stick to calling games and we will stick to recruiting and coaching. She also was the first to tweet out about our win over Texas ( and was repping the SEC).

I think she has class now can she be over the top yes! But I think she was trying to get someone/anyone to listen😂

Reactions: 11 people
Hey Va Vol! I kind of took a break from all the boards to enjoy the Holidays. Happy New Year BTW!! You guys are looking great and I'm absolutely looking forward to next Sunday!! That will be a barn burner!! Good luck to you guys as well :rock:(except against us of course:))

Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well! Let just agree that when we both play MSU our teams will take it to them 😂😂😂

I noticed in the SEC tournament last year just how dirty she is. But the girl got attitude!

She spoke up against the commentators when TN struck out and said stick to calling games and we will stick to recruiting and coaching. She also was the first to tweet out about our win over Texas ( and was repping the SEC).

I think she has class now can she be over the top yes! But I think she was trying to get someone/anyone to listen😂

Amen! Dawn always show support to Holly,even when everyone was against her & lady vols.

Both of those plays need to be sent to the SEC office of officials tomorrow morning by Dawn.

Don't agree with her comment on "best player in the country", though. That has nothing to do with anything. If you're committing fouls it should be called. I've seen Wilson get away with her fair share of fouls -- especially over the backs and push offs when getting position. And Candace Parker was taken out of big games multiple times by refs -- most notably the FF game vs. UNC with two non-existent fouls in the first half by Eric Brewton. Unless you're a NPOY that goes to UConn -- Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart were notorious for being able to do whatever they wanted in a game without getting called for it -- that argument doesn't stick. Griner got away with her fair share of stuff but I've also seen her get absolutely man handled without a call (see the Louisville upset). Parker got manhandled constantly. Shoved in the back, jacked when crossing the paint, etc.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back