1st, second and third offensive options

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
The offensive possibilities of this years teams makes the conversation on who is the third offensive option following the two seniors. Davis being the third non-guard starter does not get her "play called" to use a cliche with regularity. In comparison to Holdsclaw who did as a freshmen. Her rebounding has not suffered but boarders have commented on her struggling.

I started this thread after hearing announcers speak of the second option player after mentioning the teams leading scorer. I am comfortable in stating I don't believe a single LV will have 36 shots in a game as did the Aggie freshman against SC.

The offensive possibilities of this years teams makes the conversation on who is the third offensive option following the two seniors. Davis being the third non-guard starter does not get her "play called" to use a cliche with regularity. In comparison to Holdsclaw who did as a freshmen. Her rebounding has not suffered but boarders have commented on her struggling.

I started this thread after hearing announcers speak of the second option player after mentioning the teams leading scorer. I am comfortable in stating I don't believe a single LV will have 36 shots in a game as did the Aggie freshman against SC.

Agreed! Even DD said she fet weird shooting over 20 shots in a game. I think them spreading the wealth has been a huge part of their success.

Reactions: 1 person
I did notice that Chennedy only took many fewer shots the last two games. I think TAMU has great scoring balance, but Carter tends to take matters into her own hands when the games get too close at the expense of her teammates.

I don't see anyone else at Tennessee trying to take over like that...even Diamond the last two years. They share the ball. The big difference this year is they have players that can make shots. They don't need to have one player bail them out because there are 5 legit players who can end the game as the leading scorer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back