New Season - New Team - New Mind Set

T.J.

In retrospect this was a good game against Auburn. Sloppy, yes. Frustrating, yes. But the outcome was magnificent and FUN to say the least! WE WON in dramatic fashion!

Auburn battled and Tennessee battled right back. It was a game of runs. Just when I thought Auburn was going to win the game with 3 minutes to go when they went up by 5 points then BAM! Froshie Evina Westbrook hits back to back 3's. And I can't forget that near out of bounds save turning into an assist for Annie!

I was fearful doing the entire game though because my mind was still in the past. I could count the times in the last two seasons where our beloved Lady Vols lost these type of games. I mean last season Auburn blew Tennessee off the court in humiliating fashion.

Not this season. The Tigers gave it that old college try but it wasn't good enough because I'm finally cheering on a team that has that Go Lady Vol attitude that was missing for so long.

Vanderbilt got next. I hope to see a more focus squad after yesterday's learning experience on fighting for a win. Jaime, Evina and Annie were the catalyst for the win but make no mistake about it everyone that played contributed. Even in limited minutes Kortney Dunbar had an assist off an outlet pass to a jettison Jaime. That was a NICE play!

I have to get an entire new mind set. This team is not the team of the last 2, 3, 4 or years ago.

This team is reminding me of the 3 Meeks era when I first started watching Tennessee. I was hooked!

Jaime's leadership/scoring = Chamique Holdsclaw
Rennia's rebounding = Tamika Catchings
Evina's passes = Ace Clement
Annie's speed/hustle = Semeka Randall
Cheredine coming off the bench/rebounding-scoring = Teresa Geter

I'm not suggesting that this team is as good as the 98 champions but there is some familiarity there for sure.

And I'm liking it!

GO LADY VOLS!:)

Reactions: 8 people
I was wondering if/when the Holly Warlick show started. I knew it was usually after SEC play began. Went surfing and found it scheduled for 12:30 (in tri cities on charter channel 709). Men on at 12:00.

Trade our coaches with Vanderbilt!

In retrospect this was a good game against Auburn. Sloppy, yes. Frustrating, yes. But the outcome was magnificent and FUN to say the least! WE WON in dramatic fashion!

Auburn battled and Tennessee battled right back. It was a game of runs. Just when I thought Auburn was going to win the game with 3 minutes to go when they went up by 5 points then BAM! Froshie Evina Westbrook hits back to back 3's. And I can't forget that near out of bounds save turning into an assist for Annie!

I was fearful doing the entire game though because my mind was still in the past. I could count the times in the last two seasons where our beloved Lady Vols lost these type of games. I mean last season Auburn blew Tennessee off the court in humiliating fashion.

Not this season. The Tigers gave it that old college try but it wasn't good enough because I'm finally cheering on a team that has that Go Lady Vol attitude that was missing for so long.

Vanderbilt got next. I hope to see a more focus squad after yesterday's learning experience on fighting for a win. Jaime, Evina and Annie were the catalyst for the win but make no mistake about it everyone that played contributed. Even in limited minutes Kortney Dunbar had an assist off an outlet pass to a jettison Jaime. That was a NICE play!

I have to get an entire new mind set. This team is not the team of the last 2, 3, 4 or years ago.

This team is reminding me of the 3 Meeks era when I first started watching Tennessee. I was hooked!

Jaime's leadership/scoring = Chamique Holdsclaw
Rennia's rebounding = Tamika Catchings
Evina's passes = Ace Clement
Annie's speed/hustle = Semeka Randall
Cheredine coming off the bench/rebounding-scoring = Teresa Geter

I'm not suggesting that this team is as good as the 98 champions but there is some familiarity there for sure.

And I'm liking it!

GO LADY VOLS!:)

VN Store

Back