Lady Vols - Basketball Turnovers

Spook1

Ancient Vol
:rock::rock::rock:This may be the night that turnovers will cost LV a loss with Auburn. At the end of the 3rd quarter, the LV at 21 turnovers with one player having 8 alone. I have been complaining about LV turnovers all season. When one LV has almost the amount of turnovers as the whole Auburn team that is bad. The coaching staff needs to address turnovers.

:rock::rock::rock:This may be the night that turnovers will cost LV a loss with Auburn. At the end of the 3rd quarter, the LV at 21 turnovers with one player having 8 alone. I have been complaining about LV turnovers all season. When one LV has almost the amount of turnovers as the whole Auburn team that is bad. The coaching staff needs to address turnovers.

If you look at all of Auburn's games, you'll see that they thrive at turning over the opposing team. LV's do get a lot of TO's normally but it hasn't hurt them yet. They do need to work more on ball control, though.

Reactions: 1 person
Average TOs against Auburn is 25; LVs had 28-- so just slightly more than avg. About half of LV TOs are the FR. They should be able to tighten that up with practice and experience. Westbrook has said she needs to cut down on the TOs, so she's working on it.

Reactions: 4 people
CHW still hasn't learned how to beat a press. Her teams always underperform in this area. For pete's sake go somewhere in the off season and learn how to teach it. Then demand they do it and play better defense. I know, I know, it's not that easy. Bull, if you want it bad enough you can improve.

CHW still hasn't learned how to beat a press. Her teams always underperform in this area. For pete's sake go somewhere in the off season and learn how to teach it. Then demand they do it and play better defense. I know, I know, it's not that easy. Bull, if you want it bad enough you can improve.

Like how they learned to overcome the turnovers and actually win the game? Last year this was an 18 point loss with an upperclassmen team. This was a win against a team that played 5 seniors...

Reactions: 5 people
Someone needs to address Jamie over penetrating multiple times a game. Out of control if I'm being honest.

Yes. I feel like she’s a very shaky ball handler and sometimes in the game today when she should have let Evina run the point she took it her self.

Yes. I feel like she’s a very shaky ball handler and sometimes in the game today when she should have let Evina run the point she took it her self.

Evina had 9 turnovers. She needed a break.

Thanks Jaime!:)

Reactions: 3 people
Like how they learned to overcome the turnovers and actually win the game? Last year this was an 18 point loss with an upperclassmen team. This was a win against a team that played 5 seniors...

Yes indeed. :good!:

Play better defense? This team plays amazing defense.

She looks down at her dribble...I am surprised she has the success she has.

Turnovers need to be fixed immediately. That's way too many turnovers in a game, even though they won. Players were criticized for turnovers last year, and they should be held accountable this year, whether you like the player or not. No excuses!

Turnovers need to be fixed immediately. That's way too many turnovers in a game, even though they won. Players were criticized for turnovers last year, and they should be held accountable this year, whether you like the player or not. No excuses!

How do you know they aren’t being held accountable?

Reactions: 2 people
I only see her do that when She puts her head down to drive the ball into the lane. Now she is often crouched over when she dribbles.

watch closer.

I am a skills coach. I have trained to look for mechanical flaws in the different skills I teach. I have to know the flaws at an instant to be able to correct at an instant.

In Jaime's case it is a case of her target-vision playing catch up to her liftoff...When the plant foot (the foot she will jump off of) hits the floor, her eyes must immediately find the target. (Plant foot down = eyes up) ... On drives that have any interference or opposition, Jaime looks down until she begins to lift the ball. Jaime is well into her "liftoff" and into her lifting of the ball, ,,,before she has her eyes on the target. This causes her to have to jerk her head up quickly to catch vision of her target....This is why she short-arms it sometimes and why she dribbles into people. You have to have your head up on drives.

How do you know they aren’t being held accountable?

Because some you posters keep making excuses for the turnovers being made game after game. As far as the coaching staff goes, I don't know what they communicate to the players. I only know turnovers are still being made at an alarming rate. You do the math!

Very true. They are being accountable for it. As you can tell from the post game interview.
But all in all, we got the W! The Win.

Because some you posters keep making excuses for the turnovers being made game after game

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. Your first 15 posts are unimpressive but this last one is laughable. Please work on your cognitive skills then come back and add value to this forum.

Reactions: 2 people
Because some you posters keep making excuses for the turnovers being made game after game. As far as the coaching staff goes, I don't know what they communicate to the players. I only know turnovers are still being made at an alarming rate. You do the math!

“You” posters? I haven’t made any excuses for the turnovers and if you go back and look at my posts you can see where I tried to figure out why the turnovers were so high. All I asked was how do you know they aren’t being held responsible? I am sure the same posters that are making excuses this year are the same ones doing the same last year...

However, since you want me to do the math ...

14 wins - 0 losses = finding a way to win, an undefeated team so far, and a more meshed! How is that for math ?

Oh and since you like numbers a #7 ranking 😎

Last edited:

This year we have Freshmen!!!! Holly has stated which type of turnover will be tolerated and which ones to not be acceptable! Evina is the best point guard we have had in many years!!! She threw a pass (turnover) to MeMe breaking down the left sideline the last game..... MeMe never saw it!!!!! That’s on her. (ACCEPTABLE). Later in the game she threw the ball over Annie’s head ! (NOT ACCEPTABLE)

Annie dribbled into a double team ! (Not Acceptable)
Later she tried to pass inside to Mercedes and she could not handle! (ACCEPTABLE)

These young ladies are learning.... I guess you want to go back to DD, and Alexa, and Jordan???? NO THANKS...... I like what we are doing.... They will get better! Patience Grasshopper 😈

Reactions: 3 people
This year we have Freshmen!!!! Holly has stated which type of turnover will be tolerated and which ones to not be acceptable! Evina is the best point guard we have had in many years!!! She threw a pass (turnover) to MeMe breaking down the left sideline the last game..... MeMe never saw it!!!!! That’s on her. (ACCEPTABLE). Later in the game she threw the ball over Annie’s head ! (NOT ACCEPTABLE)

Later she tried to pass inside to Mercedes and she could not handle! (ACCEPTABLE)

These young ladies are learning.... I guess you want to go back to DD, and Alexa, and Jordan???? NO THANKS...... I like what we are doing.... They will get better! Patience Grasshopper 😈

I have no problem with this team, or the players on it. I never singled out any player for making turnovers. I simply stated that turnovers are a problem, and players needed to be held accountable. I don't care if they are freshman. A turnover is a turnover regardless of who makes it. In the boxscore it says turnover. Not turnover made by freshman. The freshmen aren't the only one's turning the ball over. You singled them out, not me.

Nice post.

VN Store

Back