Shout Out to Zarielle Green

A top program nationally ranked with all that offensive fire power I know they usually have and defense got her team the win?!? This Green STILL scored 18 of the 45 points in a low scoring affair. This get could be huge if she is as good as a shooter as they say and is a defensive hound like Catchings it has even a fraction of that will to not be denied...

Reactions: 1 person
A top program nationally ranked with all that offensive fire power I know they usually have and defense got her team the win?!? This Green STILL scored 18 of the 45 points in a low scoring affair. This get could be huge if she is as good as a shooter as they say and is a defensive hound like Catchings it has even a fraction of that will to not be denied...

Have “ OFFENSE”

good on her...very talented and orange and white will look good on her...just love it...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a song from the B'52s call Channel Z. I haven't heard that song in such a long time up until yesterday. That got me thinking about Zarielle so I started perusing the web. And I found those links. Great stuff.

I like reading about new recruits. Especially when they are fans of Tamika Catchings. You gotta love that!

I wouldn't be surprised if Green is our leading 3pt shooter next season, along with being one of the best defenders we've had in awhile.

Reactions: 5 people
3 point shooting in college seems harder for young players, Angie, Rennia (lights out in high school)

It takes shooters a while to come into their own!

Her defense and mindset should fit in nicely with this team, she should blossom in our program. It should be a nice fit. With Gordon coaching her, she should be a beast, she's a big guard.

Go Zay! Don't be Lazy. Come to play!

Don't forget about Burrell, wait til you see her game, I know we have been saying the Sidney Spencer type for few years, but she is close, her mentality and grit, she is the real deal, I can't wait to see her play against players of her talent level all the time. Sometimes, she can get bored, but this past summer wooo hoooo, swagger.

Two Freshman will play will be needed right away: If Collins is service, we become better team, but my bet is Burrell or Zay!

3 point shooting in college seems harder for young players, Angie, Rennia (lights out in high school)

It takes shooters a while to come into their own!

Her defense and mindset should fit in nicely with this team, she should blossom in our program. It should be a nice fit. With Gordon coaching her, she should be a beast, she's a big guard.

Go Zay! Don't be Lazy. Come to play!

Rennia can still shoot the 3 when its available to her. She had a big one last night.

Better than Westbrook? That's a tall order. Even better if she delivers.

Evina was not a great three point shooter coming in. I believe she was 26% in high school. She was outstanding from midrange and on floaters and drives at the HS level as well as getting a lot of steals that lead to easy lay ups. She has been very good from long distance for us because she gets in the gym on her own time and works on it. Her game will get better and better because of how committed she is to the individual work you have to put in.

With that said Zarielle is already an above average three point shooter as well as excelling in the mid range game. She also has great handles and at 6 feet she can break down smaller guards one on one. I'd say Zarielle from a pure scoring standpoint will start out with a better offensive arsenal than Evina.

Zarielle IMO will come in at the same level of effectiveness as the three freshmen getting the big minutes for us. Like Rennia, Evina and Annie she does a lot of things really well and I think fans will really love how loud she is for teammates after big plays. She has that extra something...

Reactions: 3 people
Rennia can still shoot the 3 when its available to her. She had a big one last night.

Yes, that was a nice one.

7-31 22%

It takes shooter a while to be good in college..

Can she shoot the 3? Yea, I can shoot the 3 but will it go in.

Go Rennia, get on boards and finish strong.

Zay and Rae will be a nice addition after losing, Jamie.

She is a fabulous offensive player that will really help next season with the loss of Jaime Nared.

Rennia has been a mystery on the three shot 38 percent for her high school career. She is off to a slow start in college think she will eventually get it going.

Rennia has been a mystery on the three shot 38 percent for her high school career. She is off to a slow start in college think she will eventually get it going.

Especially considering she was the one Holly bragged about with 3 point shooting in summer practice.

Yeah, I don't think its nothing to worry about, cos she is giving us other things, but she has to get in the weight room but seems like she is playing her role.

Yeah, and she used to hit em with hands in her face in high school. One year in weight and conditioning, the player we expect will start to emerge, and that goes for all the ladies.

How is Jasmine outside shooting?

Evina was not a great three point shooter coming in. I believe she was 26% in high school. She was outstanding from midrange and on floaters and drives at the HS level as well as getting a lot of steals that lead to easy lay ups. She has been very good from long distance for us because she gets in the gym on her own time and works on it. Her game will get better and better because of how committed she is to the individual work you have to
With that said Zarielle is already an above average three point shooter as well as excelling in the mid range game. She also has great handles and at 6 feet she can break down smaller guards one on one. I'd say Zarielle from a pure scoring standpoint will start out with a better offensive arsenal than Evina.

Zarielle IMO will come in at the same level of effectiveness as the three freshmen getting the big minutes for us. Like Rennia, Evina and Annie she does a lot of things really well and I think fans will really love how loud she is for teammates after big plays. She has that extra something...

I agree about Evina in high school. I watched several of her games especially the state tournament games and I was wondering what is so special about this kid? This is not the same player she was the last few years!!!!! She obviously has a good basketball IQ but her shooting has improved immensely. Credit to whoever has improved her game??? She is one of the best guards I have seen in a llloooooonnnnnggg time! 🤔

Yeah, I don't think its nothing to worry about, cos she is giving us other things, but she has to get in the weight room but seems like she is playing her role.

Yeah, and she used to hit em with hands in her face in high school. One year in weight and conditioning, the player we expect will start to emerge, and that goes for all the ladies.

How is Jasmine outside shooting?

Jasmines game is more like Annies. Penetration and scoring at the goal. However, she has more of a midrange game than Annie and at 6’ she is able to take a hit and still get her shot off. Can she hit a three point shot.... yes but to what accuracy ??? Not sure...

When I watched Davis in the Florida state championship game last year, I thought "Good Lord, she will never score a point for UT." "Too slow/no hustle"

Glad to know I was mistaken. lol

Evina was not a great three point shooter coming in. I believe she was 26% in high school. She was outstanding from midrange and on floaters and drives at the HS level as well as getting a lot of steals that lead to easy lay ups. She has been very good from long distance for us because she gets in the gym on her own time and works on it. Her game will get better and better because of how committed she is to the individual work you have to put in.

I think what sets Evina aside from others is her basketball IQ. She’s a very smart, heady player.
She plays beyond her years. That said I know her turnovers lately has not been good.

I wish I could see some video of Zay.

Don't forget about Burrell, wait til you see her game, I know we have been saying the Sidney Spencer type for few years, but she is close, her mentality and grit, she is the real deal, I can't wait to see her play against players of her talent level all the time. Sometimes, she can get bored, but this past summer wooo hoooo, swagger.

Two Freshman will play will be needed right away: If Collins is service, we become better team, but my bet is Burrell or Zay!

I wonder where you get your expectations?

Middleton was rated #28 and we saw her for three years!
Kortney was rated #78 and it took her four years to finally contribute!

Collins is rated PN#9 and HG #69
Burelle is rated PN#119 and HG #44

something wrong with this picture??? Just Saying :crazy:

Especially considering she was the one Holly bragged about with 3 point shooting in summer practice.

Think about it,, She does do alot of other things.. Like guard three positions.. but when Hodlclaw came aboard they needed her to take lots of shots (her sophmore not freshman year).. There are only so many shots available.. I think Jamie sacrificed some for DD to have her shots.. Davis i think is doing the same .. fitting in as a teammate ,, she will get her chance to be Jamie :)

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back