New Bracketology

Undercovervol

Bracketology - Women's College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN
We are the weakest 2 seed in Uconn’s bracket, lol. I think as the season progresses, we will rise to a higher 2 seed (obviously 1 seed if we excell).
I agree with him that State is better than USC. I think we can beat USC twice this season. If so, and we win the games we’re supposed to, depending on SEC tourney, we’d have 2 or 3 losses entering NCAAs.

Reactions: 1 person
I contend it does not matter whose bracket we are in. If we play well enough, we advance. If we don't, we go home. I've never bought into all this bracket science and fretting about who we play. The powers to be will ensure, as much as possible, the brackets are not overly loaded. In the end, it is all about winning and if we take one game at a time and survive, the end takes care of itself. But first, let's continue to play the regular season one game at a time and see what happens.

Reactions: 2 people
We are the weakest 2 seed in Uconn’s bracket, lol. I think as the season progresses, we will rise to a higher 2 seed (obviously 1 seed if we excell).
I agree with him that State is better than USC. I think we can beat USC twice this season. If so, and we win the games we’re supposed to, depending on SEC tourney, we’d have 2 or 3 losses entering NCAAs.

I believe that the only reason USC won the national championship was because they didn't have to face UCONN and that State was worn out after the UCONN battle!

Reactions: 5 people
Come on I totally agree with everyone when it comes to South Carolina’s championship but let’s be realistic, we’ll still claim the sh*t out of our championship if it was us that won it!

Reactions: 6 people
Come on I totally agree with everyone when it comes to South Carolina’s championship but let’s be realistic, we’ll still claim the sh*t out of our championship if it was us that won it!

That was actually discussed on twitter a while back, I don’t remember which championship was referenced though.

I believe that the only reason USC won the national championship was because they didn't have to face UCONN and that State was worn out after the UCONN battle!

Lets not hate as the same has happen to us before it is not SC job to make sure Uconn gets to the ship its Uconn job . So Sc did theirs by winning

After Jan. 21, 2018 we should know if we get a # 1,2,3, or 4 seed

There is still a lot of basketball to be played after 1/21/18. How do you figure? Is the committee doing those early "if the season ended today" annoucements again this year or were you just being facetious about this meaningless bracket?

Last edited:
Really, who reads espn for wcbb? I mean when you go to it, it is mainly wnba basketball! They can't even devote a subsection to wncaa basketball, or other sports? Has this creme guy ever been close? This is what they print...instead of actually covering wcbb. I believe enough has been said. Rag and trash!

I guess if I wanted to know something about UConn basketball, I would read the drivel Burke and her ESPN team puts out but I get better information surfing the Web while staying away from homers who are nothing more than mouthpieces for UConn.

There is still a lot of basketball to be played after 1/21/18. How do you figure? Is the committee doing those early "if the season ended today" annoucements again this year or were you just being facetious about this meaningless bracket?

If we win all the games up till 1/21/18 then we will get a 1 seed, if we go 2 and 2 during the 4 games then we are looking at a 2 or 3 seed. loose all 4 and we will be lucky to get a 4 seed. I know there will be a lot of basketball left but these 4 games will either make us or break us. This is just how i feel.

If we win all the games up till 1/21/18 then we will get a 1 seed, if we go 2 and 2 during the 4 games then we are looking at a 2 or 3 seed. loose all 4 and we will be lucky to get a 4 seed. I know there will be a lot of basketball left but these 4 games will either make us or break us. This is just how i feel.

What if Tennessee is undefeated up till 1-21-18, but loses every game after?

Oh okay. You could potentially lose all 4 and still possibly get a 4 seed if you play out the rest of the season well because of the overall SOS and some of these other P5 teams that I think might be ranked a bit too high based on their overall schedule. Conference play will sort that out.

I think we go 2-2 during this stretch. I don't know which two we lose or win, but I don't see us losing all four, or winning all four.

I think we go 2-2 during this stretch. I don't know which two we lose or win, but I don't see us losing all four, or winning all four.

With all the injuries to Notre Dame, that should be a win for Tennessee. They only have 7 players now.

Updated still in UCONNs region ... even with loss SC had Loren favorable geographical seeding. Charlie Creme explained that Baylor is the number one seed because they lost earlier than TN. He also stated the case that if Baylor wasn’t a number one seed then Tennessee shouldn’t be either because of their strength of schedule.

So I looked up RPI and SOS differences and found some intriguing things TN has an RPI of 8 according to ncaa.com or rpiratings.com while Baylor is at 18. Maybe they use the same thing.

Women's RPI Ratings | RPIRatings.com

While Jeff Sagarin has us at # 10 and Baylor at #2

The Jeff Sagarin/CBN Women's College Basketball Ratings | RPIRatings.com

However he also has our SOS at 21 (so a top 25 schedule) but Baylor is at 43.

Great thing is we have plenty of time to prove ourselves against great competition. Lots of ball left to be played.

I am guessing who ever wins the SEC goes out west ?!? If TN wins the SEC does it go to Kansas City and Baylor out west? What if TX wins the big 12 ? Do they get sent out west and Baylor to Lexington?

VN Store

Back