Lady Vol hoops report (12/29/17)

Great report. I loved Holly’s answer to a question about the key to the team’s 12-0 start:

"(The key is) camaraderie, togetherness and the ball not getting stuck in our hands. We've been playing hard, playing with a passion and buying into the defense. Everybody gets an opportunity on offense, and we've got better players. When you have great players and they're coachable, I think great things happen."

That was refreshing to hear and I’m hoping all the ladies enjoyed their holiday break with family and friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Great report. I loved Holly’s answer go a question about the key to the team’s 12-0 start:

"(The key is) camaraderie, togetherness and the ball not getting stuck in our hands. We've been playing hard, playing with a passion and buying into the defense. Everybody gets an opportunity on offense, and we've got better players. When you have great players and they're coachable, I think great things happen."

That was refreshing to hear and I’m hoping all the ladies enjoyed their holiday break with family and friends.

That is a very revealing statement by Holly!

Reactions: 3 people
I told myself not to click onto that link because Holly would just upset me.

I clicked onto it. :crazy:

Nothing new. Just platitudes for Kentucky (very weird) and the regurgitation of team chemistry (Heard that before-lots of times).

I was hoping for a question about the status of Kasi K or even maybe some insight into her coaching team to 12-0. Nothing doing!

Holly's like furniture. She's just there!

Y'all were forewarned. :hi:

GOLadyVols!:)

Reactions: 1 person
I told myself not to click onto that link because Holly would just upset me.

I clicked onto it. :crazy:

Nothing new. Just platitudes for Kentucky (very weird) and the regurgitation of team chemistry (Heard that before-lots of times).

I was hoping for a question about the status of Kasi K or even maybe some insight into her coaching team to 12-0. Nothing doing!

Holly's like furniture. She's just there!

Y'all were forewarned. :hi:

GOLadyVols!:)

Did you even click on the link? She addresses at least one of your questions on coaching a 12-0 team... if you missed it the the q&a session is transcribed so you can also read her answers. But to give you the short she said the key was the team chemistry yes but she also said that players don’t care who gets the credit and they all play hard and LOVE to share the ball. THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES as we as fans last year saw lack luster efforts. She also said she got better players and they are all coachable which speaks loudly itself. Lastly, in coaching a 12-0 team she specifically says she doesn’t coach them to be 12-0 she coaches them to look at the next opponent (her team last year often over looked lesser opponents to get to the big dawgs). While she gave UK credit she gives you insight into certain players they will be keying in Morris and Taylor and she mentions specific attributes of each. So not only did she answer the specific questions she was asked if you actually look/listen she answers yours too 😃

Reactions: 7 people
Did you even click on the link? She addresses at least one of your questions on coaching a 12-0 team... if you missed it the the q&a session is transcribed so you can also read her answers. But to give you the short she said the key was the team chemistry yes but she also said that players don’t care who gets the credit and they all play hard and LOVE to share the ball. THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES as we as fans last year saw lack luster efforts. She also said she got better players and they are all coachable which speaks loudly itself. Lastly, in coaching a 12-0 team she specifically says she doesn’t coach them to be 12-0 she coaches them to look at the next opponent (her team last year often over looked lesser opponents to get to the big dawgs). While she gave UK credit she gives you insight into certain players they will be keying in Morris and Taylor and she mentions specific attributes of each. So not only did she answer the specific questions she was asked if you actually look/listen she answers yours too 😃

I did listen to bits & pieces of the interview.

Thanks for the recap.

GLVs!

Reactions: 1 person

No, no, the poster has point. Every "good" coach uses these press conferences to completely give away the game plan and scouting report and to reveal all the inside dope on player relationships and team dynamics. Because a "good coach" knows that satisfying incessant critics on a message board is far more important than winning games or building trust with players.

In all seriousness, the points from her presser that you highlight do indeed tell the story behind the much better start to the season. Her explicitness makes me think the team dynamics must have gotten pretty bad last season.

Reactions: 4 people
No, no, the poster has point. Every "good" coach uses these press conferences to completely give away the game plan and scouting report and to reveal all the inside dope on player relationships and team dynamics. Because a "good coach" knows that satisfying incessant critics on a message board is far more important than winning games or building trust with players.

In all seriousness, the points from her presser that you highlight do indeed tell the story behind the much better start to the season. Her explicitness makes me think the team dynamics must have gotten pretty bad last season.

I think people are so used to Holly scratching her head and saying “ I don’t know” that when she really gives legit answers people are looking for more. I mean looking back what would we all have done if she said here you want to know what’s wrong with them they don’t like or want to play with each other... then it’s why can’t the coach make them get along? Reality is there was a glaring disconnect that affected play on the court and eventually boiled over to off the court issues.

Speaking of off court issues... I wonder if Cooper gets an 11th hour call saying she can suit up and play in SCs first SEC game or what will be the justification of not letting her play this year opposed to letting Shepherd play? Both Sheperd and Romero (KSU to FSU) got late calls saying they were eligible to play at the last min.

VN Store

Back