Kortney Dunbar is a Senior

Sorry y'all about the triple thread. I don't see where i can delete them. Anyone know how to delete a post?

nice post and thanks to KD...team player...it wouldn't bother me at all if she got about twenty at the Tree...:)...:salute:

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
One of my favorite LVs ever. Beautiful young lady who remained loyal to her commitment and never pouted like a few that just left. love to see her in orange working for the LVs at some point!:):):)

Reactions: 7 people
One of my favorite LVs ever. Beautiful young lady who remained loyal to her commitment and never pouted like a few that just left. love to see her in orange working for the LVs at some point!:):):)

I feel the same way about Dunbar. I'm so glad she's an LVFL!

Reactions: 4 people
Kortney Dunbar Media Day 2017 - YouTube

This is it K.D. fans. Her last season donning a Lady Vol jersey.

As a Lady Vol fan happiness is watching Kortney FINALLY getting some playing time

Now I'm just waiting for her to have a HUGE game.

Perhaps at Stanford.
GOKortney!:good!:
Should Holly embrace the Golden State Warriors offense, Kortney would get major minutes. By the way, all Lady Vols should practice shooting the 3s like Rick Barnes'!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A lot more capable 3 point shooters on this team than in the past, but it shouldn’t be the main identity of this team.

its a weapon and a good one. . . But sometimes you need a BB gun, not a cannon.

this team has multiple identities...Win in a blowout shooting 3's, win in a dog-fight (TX), win by rebounding, by steals, win with guard play, post play....This team is a "chameleon".

Love Kortney and she is giving us valuable minutes but she needs to work on taking other shots. We have 4 better 3 point shooters who can create their own shot from there. She is becoming a solid asset in the minutes she plays otherwise.

Live by the 3. Die by the 3.

We want the best shot.

Yes, we want the best shot!

How often have we died by foolishly pounding in the ball? A missed 2 is as bad as a missed 3.

While Mercedes Russell may scare the other team, it is the size of our forwards and guards that separates us from other teams.

Love Kortney and she is giving us valuable minutes but she needs to work on taking other shots. We have 4 better 3 point shooters who can create their own shot from there. She is becoming a solid asset in the minutes she plays otherwise.

Kortney had her best game playing the PF spot, putting in several putbacks..."She is a 3 pt shooting stretch forward"

Reactions: 2 people
Kortney had her best game playing the PF spot, putting in several putbacks..."She is a 3 pt shooting stretch forward"
She is best when not standing on the sidelines waiting for her shot, or stepping back to take a three. Face it, she needs to take higher percentage shots. We have better, more mobile ( not standing around) 3 point shooters, as a senior she needs to be a leader, which she does when she is active near the paint. She has a beautiful shot, but never follows through for the rebound from 3 pnts shots. I shooter knows before anyone where the miss is going to bounce too. React, or be the first down court.

Reactions: 4 people
KD seems to worry a lot about fouling but would deserve even more playing
time if she kept her hands high when tightly guarding an opponent and actually
blocked some shots. An area of improvement for her could be remaining mobile
and snagging rebounds away from the mob directly under the basket. These are two
areas of improvement much needed by this team. In doing them she needs to worry
less about fouling as this slows her efforts.

I never saw a big future for her at Tennessee. She was not highly recruited out of high school and seems very specialized in that she can hit 3s but doesn’t do a ton more on the court. For someone with her size and frame, she should be attacking the glass more, set more picks and be a tougher interior defender. Offensively she is streaky, and when she is on, she can hit a couple of quick threes and switch momentum, but she is a liability defensively and when she’s not on, she doesn’t bring much to the table IMO. Love her energy and spirit, but I never saw her being a difference maker at Tennessee when the rest of the players are top 10-15 recruits.

I do think Holly should recruit more seldom used players who are high energy and hard workers but know coming in they aren’t going to get a lot of playing time. That energy and motivation will spread to the rest of the players when the going gets tough.

I never saw a big future for her at Tennessee. She was not highly recruited out of high school and seems very specialized in that she can hit 3s but doesn’t do a ton more on the court. For someone with her size and frame, she should be attacking the glass more, set more picks and be a tougher interior defender. Offensively she is streaky, and when she is on, she can hit a couple of quick threes and switch momentum, but she is a liability defensively and when she’s not on, she doesn’t bring much to the table IMO. Love her energy and spirit, but I never saw her being a difference maker at Tennessee when the rest of the players are top 10-15 recruits.

I do think Holly should recruit more seldom used players who are high energy and hard workers but know coming in they aren’t going to get a lot of playing time. That energy and motivation will spread to the rest of the players when the going gets tough.

Holly has proven that she does not know how to develop players let alone implement her players into a successful system.

They just lost to Alabama at home. 1st time ever!

Alexa Middleton saved her college career by transferring. Kortney stayed and probably has regrets.

imho, Dunbar was equivalent to Sidney Spencer in ability. Only difference is, Spencer got playing time to work out her faults.

And , she had an honest to GOD coach who knew how to motivate. :)

imho, Dunbar was equivalent to Sidney Spencer in ability. Only difference is, Spencer got playing time to work out her faults.

And , she had an honest to GOD coach who knew how to motivate. :)

Spencer could defend and Dunbar cannot

Reactions: 5 people
C7jcOBeVUAEcKjf.jpg
1 or 2 more games as a LV -- so long kid we hardly even knew ya -- Thanks again Warlick

VN Store

Back