Again? Candace Not 1 of 29

Sue Bird is almost 40 years old and she's selfish!

Bird should step aside and let a much younger player take her place.

Her being on the team makes it political in the worse way ever and the only reason why she's on the team is because.. Coach Auriemma

Reactions: 2 people

Her being on the team makes it political in the worse way ever and the only reason why she's on the team is because.. Coach Auriemma

Exactly, imo Bird, Taurasi, Whalen, & Augustus should be done imo

Reactions: 1 person

I thought Dawn Staley took over full control of the team at the conclusion of the 2016 Olympic games.

I thought Dawn Staley took over full control of the team at the conclusion of the 2016 Olympic games.

She did take full control. Auriemma is out The 29 are showing up soon in SC for practice. Well, some are overseas. Staley says she is happy with the team's makeup.

I had not heard Candace opted out now and last Olympics too. I was still under the impression she was overlooked.

No Bird fan but she was top of the heap for WNBA PG's last season I remember reading somewhere

Last edited:
She did take full control. Auriemma is out The 29 are showing up soon in SC for practice. Well, some are overseas. Staley says she is happy with the team's makeup.

I had not heard Candace opted out now and last Olympics too. I was still under the impression she was overlooked.

No Bird fan but she was top of the heap for WNBA PG's last season I remember reading somewhere

Candace was left off the team last Olympics and because of it refuses to be apart of it again!

She didn’t opt out like they are trying to make it seem, simply put Geno had say of who he wanted and it came down to Stewie and Candace (which is crazy in itself) and of course the committee took his player and his suggestion of who makes the team

Reactions: 5 people
I like it, it gives her more time to think about migrating back to Rockytop and helping coach the LADYVOLS to more NC's. :)

Candace:
You ever come to your senses? Realize things come full circle. What we think we need we don’t and what we think we don’t we do? We go through life trying to control, plan, understand. The moment you just let go...a weight is lifted off your chest.

Exactly, imo Bird, Taurasi, Whalen, & Augustus should be done imo

There should be a two-Olympics cap for EVERYONE for USA team sports. EVERYONE -- no exceptions.

There are simply too many outstanding young people who never get to experience the Olympics because the same people selfishly take spots over and over and over again.

Reactions: 3 people
There should be a two-Olympics cap for EVERYONE for USA team sports. EVERYONE -- no exceptions.

There are simply too many outstanding young people who never get to experience the Olympics because the same people selfishly take spots over and over and over again.

This should happen out of fairness.

Good read. Thanks!

she did not opt out last Olympics, only for the next one. She tweeted #fool me once. I for one hopes she changed her mind.

I have to disagree about this. Team USA should put the best team on the field/court/rink. Which, BTW, means Candace Parker should have been on the 2016 Olympic team and probably the 2020 team as well.

Reactions: 3 people
I have to disagree about this. Team USA should put the best team on the field/court/rink. Which, BTW, means Candace Parker should have been on the 2016 Olympic team and probably the 2020 team as well.

I agree with you. I think Diana Taurasi is still one of the best at her position, but not Sue Bird. It should have been Chelsea Gray. It's bad enough that Team USA chased off Courtney Vandersloot to another country in favor of 50-year old Sue Bird. They run the risk of making the same mistake with Gray.

And yes, Parker should have been on the 2016 team. For that matter, so should Nneke Ogwumike.

I am glad Candace declined. I also thought she should have been on the last Olympic team, as well as Neka Ogwumike. I also thought Neka should have been on the team before last years Olympic team the year they included Swin Cash, and Aisha Jones. Neka was ten times better than both of them.

#foolmeonce....I love it!:)

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I happen to believe that Team USA could still beat all competition in the Games even if half the team changes every four years.

I really do. It would be good for U.S. basketball IMO, and also more interesting for many of us viewers who'd like others to get a chance to represent their country.

Does the "no exceptions" rule apply to Candace Parker? She was already on the U.S. Olympic team in 2008 and 2012. Does that mean you support the decision to exclude her from the 2016 roster based on your "no exceptions" term limit rule?

Olympics should be best athletes no matter age or how often...sorry Michael Phelps you have been too much, give me a break! The spirit of the games and the motto " bigger, faster, stronger" doesn't anywhere refect newer. Candace has nothing to prove and a child to raise. She had her glory, but no one, should say Diana shouldn't play again, because she still belongs, and if Catch decided to play, i would never say ahhh, give someone else a chance. She declined this time, don't get up in her business.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back