Streaming the Long Beach State Game

The Lady Vol schedule suggests that the game will be streamed on Beach Vision. But, upon checking the Long Beach State website, it doesn't show any streaming for the game and checking Beach Vision, it doesn't show any upcoming events for Long Beach State Women's basketball.

We may have to be satisfied with Mickey Dearstone and the radio broadcast.

Jim

Reactions: 3 people
Jim, Thanks. I came to the same conclusion. I was hoping some of you clever people would have found an alternative.

Before the SEC Network came, the Lady Vols games, with the exception of 5-7 games a season, could all be watched on TV on one of various TV networks.

Reactions: 2 people
Before the SEC Network came, the Lady Vols games, with the exception of 5-7 games a season, could all be watched on TV on one of various TV networks.

That's not how I remember it. If you didn't live in NE TN, you could ONLY watch 5-7 games of the regular season.

What was it, JP Sports that would carry the games locally? Did the three Daves cover the LVs or did they only cover football?

That's not how I remember it. If you didn't live in NE TN, you could ONLY watch 5-7 games of the regular season.

What was it, JP Sports that would carry the games locally? Did the three Daves cover the LVs or did they only cover football?

Being out of state, I second your point. The ESPN/SEC network has made LV games far more accessible to those of us no longer living in East TN.

Reactions: 3 people

I live in Memphis, and could watch nearly all of the games on either Fox Sports TN, Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Southeast, Comcast Sports Southeast (network went away because of the SEC Network), ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU.

Being out of state, I second your point. The ESPN/SEC network has made LV games far more accessible to those of us no longer living in East TN.

Yep. I live in New England, and none of those Fox or Comcast sports networks were/are available here. Tenn games had to be on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or CBS, or I couldn't see them until ESPN3 came along in 2005. SECN has made some additional games available, as well as streaming via other schools sports networks.

Does not help me. I have to rely on streaming and replays on watchESPN using VPN. Sucks outside the USA if you want to watch games.

an old fan story - One of the earlier final 4's I attended the program included an article announcing that ESPN would be broadcasting the following year women's March Madness games. The author, the famous Philadelphia sports writer made the prediction that television would greatly improve the game because it would attract more young women and they would have mentors. fast forward - he nailed the prediction.

Well, I guess we all will just have to wait until game time to see if the stream from LBS works...:(

I see that LBS has their own version of Cheridean Green, an English lass who is 6' 2"/ 3".

And has a 6' 5" post.

I have it pulled up on my smart tv using the Opera App. It's a unique take on watching the game (Beach Vision) but it's getting the job done.

I actually really like LBS home court.

VN Store

Back