Scoring Average Per 40 minutes of Playing Time.

Volfan2012

Russell 24.48 12.24 rebounds per 40
Nared 22.70 12.0
Davis 18.48 11.84
Hayes 19.28 4.14
Westbrook 11.72 3.95
Dunbar 12.8 6.13
Green 17.68 15.94
Jackson 14.1 4.64
KK 7.6 8.88
Harris 4.0 7.0

The clear stat here is that Green has been killing it on the boards when she is playing.
Your best five scorers have been Russell, Nared, Hayes, Davis, and Green.

Actual minutes per game thus far:

Nared 31.1
Russell 28.1
Davis 27.7
Westbrooks 27.3
Hayes 25.1
Jackson 24.1
Green 13.1
Dunbar 16.7
KK 15.8 in only four games played.
Harris 8.0

Reactions: 6 people
The key to the season will be getting comfortable leads in games to be able to rest Jamie and Mercedes, no reason they should be playing 35-40 mins against the bottom teams in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
The key to the season will be getting comfortable leads in games to be able to rest Jamie and Mercedes, no reason they should be playing 35-40 mins against the bottom teams in the SEC.

I agree with you on finding rest for Jamie and Mercedes, That will be a must as the season moves along.

Reactions: 1 person
We have 19 more regular season games left before the SEC tournament.
Davis 27.7 X 19 = 526 minutes left to play and improve
Westbrooks 27.3 X 19 = 519
Hayes 25.1 X 19 = 477
Green 13.1X 19 = 249
The freshman will improve a lot.

I agree with you on finding rest for Jamie and Mercedes, That will be a must as the season moves along.

So far, they've taken care of business against cupcakes and haven't had to play MR and Nared heavy minutes against the likes of Alabama State and Troy. This keeps them fresh for games like Texas where they have to play nearly the whole game.

As long as they continue to treat cupcakes with the disdain they deserve, then the big guns should be able to log heavy minutes against the elite teams on their schedule with less cumulative wear and tear on their bodies.

Reactions: 3 people
For what it's worth, I think the idea of rest is a little over valued on this board. These women are in top shape already--and don't y'all realize they practice hard between games? Games, really, are nothing compared to a demanding practice, because games have so many breaks for tv, etc.
I'm surprised Rennia's numbers are so high--not in a bad way, I just didn't realize she scored as much as that.

For what it's worth, I think the idea of rest is a little over valued on this board. These women are in top shape already--and don't y'all realize they practice hard between games? Games, really, are nothing compared to a demanding practice, because games have so many breaks for tv, etc.
I'm surprised Rennia's numbers are so high--not in a bad way, I just didn't realize she scored as much as that.

That may be so, but resting MR and Nared also gives an opportunity for Green, KK, Harris and Dunbar to play extended minutes in blowouts, which can only help the team. Plus, I'd hate to see MR sprain her ankle playing 30+ minutes against the likes of Alabama.

Reactions: 4 people
That may be so, but resting MR and Nared also gives an opportunity for Green, KK, Harris and Dunbar to play extended minutes in blowouts, which can only help the team. Plus, I'd hate to see MR sprain her ankle playing 30+ minutes against the likes of Alabama.

good point.

The main thing is probably not rest for Nared or Russell they were playing a few more minutes per game last season. The big thing that needs to happen is to up the minutes of Green. At her present efficiency she has certainly earned more time. Where those minutes come from would be up to Holly to decide. For me I think they could come from Dunbar and Nared by squeezing them down about 3 minutes per game each.
I think the breaks could be in for Russell after seven minutes of the first quarter and stay in three minutes of the second for Nared. She could play a few minutes with both Nared and Russell in the game in place of Dunbar.
I suspect it will happen as we didn't see Dunbar Sunday and when the competition is not a good matchup for her suspect that is what we'll see.

The main thing is probably not rest for Nared or Russell they were playing a few more minutes per game last season. The big thing that needs to happen is to up the minutes of Green. At her present efficiency she has certainly earned more time. Where those minutes come from would be up to Holly to decide. For me I think they could come from Dunbar and Nared by squeezing them down about 3 minutes per game each.
I think the breaks could be in for Russell after seven minutes of the first quarter and stay in three minutes of the second for Nared. She could play a few minutes with both Nared and Russell in the game in place of Dunbar.
I suspect it will happen as we didn't see Dunbar Sunday and when the competition is not a good matchup for her suspect that is what we'll see.

I also would like to see Kamera Harris get from 5 to 7 per game, we will need her next year.

VN Store

Back