Question

scubavol

What was the reason for the technical on Westbrook in the Texas game. I was at the game and could figure out the reason for the technical.

The announcers on ESPN were wondering this as well. On the replay, she does stare down the girl. However, that isn't worthy of a technical.

Didn't say a thing either.

Just a terrible ref job. Wasn't the only time that game either...

Reactions: 1 person
Looked like she said something under her breath. Ref had really good ears.

Why couldn't the crowd have been cheering louder right then?

Sometimes the refs just want to be seen. Just like stopping the game to give CRB a warning in the mens game.

Reactions: 2 people
It looked like she said, "*****" underneath her breath. Evina is an aggressive player. In hindsight, I like it, though it could've cost us the game.
Candace parker used to do something similar. There are highlights of her doing it on youtube.

It looked like she said, "*****" underneath her breath. Evina is an aggressive player. In hindsight, I like it, though it could've cost us the game.
Candace parker used to do something similar. There are highlights of her doing it on youtube.

I still have no clue what she said. Are we talking the "b" word?

I remember DT doing lots worse than that and NEVER getting T'd up.

Guess you have to play for GEE NO! to get away with playing hard... :(

Reactions: 3 people
Well, she will learn. Actually, her demeanor after making that block did remind of CP3. So, I like the swag. In truth, if she had been a more established, instead of a freshman, she probably would have not been T'ed up.

Reffing in women's basketball is always problematic but that et was unusually bad. They could not even get simple possession calls right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Well, she will learn. Actually, her demeanor after making that block did remind of CP3. So, I like the swag. In truth, if she had been a more established, instead of a freshman, she probably would have not been T'ed up.

Reffing in women's basketball is always problematic but that team was unusually bad. They could not even get simple possession calls right.

agreed, if that were maya moore or candace parker, or especially diana taurasi, that never would've been called. I like the attitude too, especially because I believe the girl flopped in the previous play. Those reffs really were kind of bad, but to be fair, there were a lot of objective mistakes made by both teams in the game.

Westbrook admitted to saying something she shouldn’t have, but didn’t say what it was.

Slowed down tape and i think something along the lines of "not here" along with a slang term for feces. She needs to not do that as a freshman but i love her attitude...calm cool and collected. I doubt we ever see her celebrating her own great plays or mooping about bad ones. She seems very mature and emotionally in check...dispite the tech...she has a trash talk about her after blocks...she did that Parker stare earlier too.I was glad Holly didn't get on her on tv, but did sit her for quite a while. I think she was frustrated with the horrible officiating herself, but you still have to keep your head into the game. I would be surprised if she gets another one this year.

Sometimes the refs just want to be seen. Just like stopping the game to give CRB a warning in the mens game.

My take on that was that the ref blew the whistle to call a technical, then thought better of it. But I agree with your general point. A good ref in a normal game is barely noticed at all.

Slowed down tape and i think something along the lines of "not here" along with a slang term for feces. She needs to not do that as a freshman but i love her attitude...calm cool and collected. I doubt we ever see her celebrating her own great plays or mooping about bad ones. She seems very mature and emotionally in check...dispite the tech...she has a trash talk about her after blocks...she did that Parker stare earlier too.I was glad Holly didn't get on her on tv, but did sit her for quite a while. I think she was frustrated with the horrible officiating herself, but you still have to keep your head into the game. I would be surprised if she gets another one this year.
I though someone said she said "get that dodo out of here"

I though someone said she said "get that dodo out of here"

Thats what i heard her say when i replayed and listened. The replays did not do justice as you could not hear the audio. Listening live she does say "Get that S*** out of here" which i think every basketball player has said in there lives. Dumb T

I rewound the tape, here is conclusively what she said verbatim:

"Oh, my dear Brooke McCarty. Please be advised that the probabilities of making such a shot in my defensive presence are quite low, as evinced by the results of this play. On future occasions, you would be well served by passing ball to another player. However, should you need more proof of this inevitability, you are free to test my shot blocking prowess. I assure you that results will be much the same and, most regrettably, you will be subjected to great personal embarrassment."

In fairness, Evina said that all pretty quickly and to a less discerning ear, it could have sounded like "Get that **** out of here *****!"

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back