We are 7th

Still don't think many of the voters have completely bought in yet. Kentucky and Stanford should help prove one way or the other.

Reactions: 1 person
Breaking into the top ten is great, we've been third in the conference for the past few years, this could be the year that changes. 'bout time.

Stanford and Kentucky won't give us much cred this year. But, USCe and MSU are both on the horizon. One game at a time, though.

Holly's done a great job of convincing the frosh that they aren't frosh.

Gritty, wonderful game, but often SLOPPY.

I agree on #1 and #2. It's pretty clouded after that for me. What I've seen so far is a lot of work needs to be done by a lot of the next teams. Who excels at the work will move up although I'm not sure #1 and # 2 will get displaced this season. But, Rankings don't decide who cuts down the nets at the NC game a fact Vic Shaeffer reminded us of last season

If we can stay in top 10 for the season I'll be very happy for them. I want a deep run into the playoffs and another Natty lol

Reactions: 2 people
I'd put them ahead of MSU. I'd be surprised if MSU stays close in their matchup. Not enough size and rebounding outside of McCowan, especially in the backcourt.

Agree that Baylor is underrated. If Cox stays healthy, then look out.

Miss. State plays at home vs. Oregon this week. They have a strong 6'4 post that is avg. 16 pts a game and 8.8 rebounds a game. It will be interesting to see how they play. It should be a good game.

I personally don't think Miss. State has enough man power to slow our starting 5. I keep going back to the Davis / Caron-Goudreau (6'4) match up with Texas. Davis wasn't on her A game but still was able to drive past CG at will when she had an open lane and score a couple times. If Davis, Nared, Russell, and at least one guard are clicking on all cylinders when we play Miss. State, we win this game. Heck, we pose a nightmare to any team as long as we have 4 offensive weapons on the court at one time.

Miss. State plays at home vs. Oregon this week. They have a strong 6'4 post that is avg. 16 pts a game and 8.8 rebounds a game. It will be interesting to see how they play. It should be a good game.

I personally don't think Miss. State has enough man power to slow our starting 5. I keep going back to the Davis / Caron-Goudreau (6'4) match up with Texas. Davis wasn't on her A game but still was able to drive past CG at will when she had an open lane and score a couple times. If Davis, Nared, Russell, and at least one guard are clicking on all cylinders when we play Miss. State, we win this game. Heck, we pose a nightmare to any team as long as we have 4 offensive weapons on the court at one time.

I believe that without a doubt our starting five is better than MSU’s starting five. McCowan will have a difficult time dealing with Russell’s post moves. She appears to be stronger than Russell but Russell’s athleticism should make the difference.

I'm interested to see how Mississippi State looks next year without Vivians and South Carolina looks without Wilson.

Reactions: 3 people
I feel like Tennessee, SC, and Miss St are dead even teams and home team wins. The first one to beat the other on the road will probably win the SEC.

Can someone break down Ms St? What makes them an elite team? I have not seen them play this year.

Can someone break down Ms St? What makes them an elite team? I have not seen them play this year.

Not really sure Ms St is elite, their schedule is not the toughest. Obviously an elite pointguard in William and an elite scoring in Vivian’s who I think is actually playing out of position due to no depth at the 4, 6’7 post player but after that not much.

Not really sure Ms St is elite, their schedule is not the toughest. Obviously an elite pointguard in William and an elite scoring in Vivian’s who I think is actually playing out of position due to no depth at the 4, 6’7 post player but after that not much.

I think they are elite. Clearly a top ten team. In addition to the three you mentioned, they also have two excellent gunners on the wing and a very good back up PG. But playing three sub-5'7 players will hurt them against a team like Tennessee where all 5 players crash the glass hard. The fact that their 2nd best post player left the program hurts them even more if they don't have legit size to come in and spell McCowan. Their backup center is basically the equivalent of Kamara Harris. The Aussie freshman forward will need to develop quickly to give them a lineup where they have more rebounding without risking both posts in foul trouble.

I agree on #1 and #2. It's pretty clouded after that for me. What I've seen so far is a lot of work needs to be done by a lot of the next teams. Who excels at the work will move up although I'm not sure #1 and # 2 will get displaced this season. But, Rankings don't decide who cuts down the nets at the NC game a fact Vic Shaeffer reminded us of last season
No rankings don't, but we just beat the number 2 team, we are undefeated, ranked 7th and it is an absolute we will only get better as season goes along! Every win makes it that much harder for our future opponents. A team that believes in its leaders who know what it takes in the SEC and freshman who don't know they should be watching and learning as freshman are learning and growing on the court! Be afraid, be very afraid this team could be legends!

I believe that without a doubt our starting five is better than MSU’s starting five. McCowan will have a difficult time dealing with Russell’s post moves. She appears to be stronger than Russell but Russell’s athleticism should make the difference.

I believe that we are the best in the nation, talent-wise.

Forget Mississipppi State and South Carolina.

K E N T U C K Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four LVFLs coaching in this game, two on each side.

Forget the rankings and the reputations. It's the SEC.

Last edited:
I didn’t know the ladyvols led the nation in so many categories. Where are the stat gurus!? Please post!!!

VN Store

Back