One Third Done With Regular Season

Rickster

VFL
My how time flies when one is having fun. Last night put us one third done with the regular season. There have been challenges but they are 10-0.

As others have commented, this team is ahead of what most fans thought they would be by now given the number of first year players in the top 7.

Offensively, the team is averaging 89 ppg. Defensively, they are giving up 61 ppg. I don't know the last time we were this strong offensively. Seems like forever. While there are those who say we are beating up on cup cakes, this team has beaten some pretty good teams to this point, some convincingly. Barring injury, they are going to beat a bunch more good teams before all is said and done.

I've been following them since 1981 and have seen some really good teams fielded by Pat and all of them had one of the same things in common....mental toughness. They had the ability to take the best shot of the opposition and persevere. That appears to be a characteristic of this team as well.

I don't know for sure what makes this team different from the other powerhouses of the past, but there is something, a feeling, I get when I watch them play. Given the youth on this team, they should struggle more than they do in crunch time but they find a way. Sometimes I get the feeling they are toying with the opposition to keep from being boared. They may well develop into something that is scarey good.

I'm excited about what is possible with this team. They may not win it all but I would not count them out.

Reactions: 12 people
yep, Rick, time flies and we got a good team this year flying high right now, and possibly for years to come...we'll just see what happens and enjoy the ride...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:If this LV team can reduce turnovers and continue to improve on defense, it should make the final four. Looking ahead, we need a really tall replacement for Russell. B. Gordon as a new assistant coach is a major reason for the instant success of this team.

My how time flies when one is having fun. Last night put us one third done with the regular season. There have been challenges but they are 10-0.

As others have commented, this team is ahead of what most fans thought they would be by now given the number of first year players in the top 7.

Offensively, the team is averaging 89 ppg. Defensively, they are giving up 61 ppg. I don't know the last time we were this strong offensively. Seems like forever. While there are those who say we are beating up on cup cakes, this team has beaten some pretty good teams to this point, some convincingly. Barring injury, they are going to beat a bunch more good teams before all is said and done.

I've been following them since 1981 and have seen some really good teams fielded by Pat and all of them had one of the same things in common....mental toughness. They had the ability to take the best shot of the opposition and persevere. That appears to be a characteristic of this team as well.

I don't know for sure what makes this team different from the other powerhouses of the past, but there is something, a feeling, I get when I watch them play. Given the youth on this team, they should struggle more than they do in crunch time but they find a way. Sometimes I get the feeling they are toying with the opposition to keep from being boared. They may well develop into something that is scarey good.

I'm excited about what is possible with this team. They may not win it all but I would not count them out.

Last edited:
I realized I was nervous in the fourth quarter!

The first time for that in about 6 years... GO LADYS

I'm excited about what is possible with this team. They may not win it all but I would not count them out.[

Somebody's drinking the orange koolaide.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back