Some love for Cheridene Greene and Anastasia Hayes

pasadenavol

Just watched the lady vols.... first congrats on a huge win!!!

Wanted to first say that Cheridene Greene did an awesome job off the bench. Had some huge rebounds and put backs. Showed us flashes of Nicky Anosike... way to go!

Also, not since Shannon Bobbit have I seen an aggressive point guard with the heart of our new freshman leader Anastasia Hayes. She's not scared to take it to the rim one bit! We got a great player for sure!!!

Today looked like Pats teams of old... keep it going ladies... volnation is proud of you!!!

Reactions: 15 people

Wanted to first say that Cheridene Greene did an awesome job off the bench. Had some huge rebounds and put backs. Showed us flashes of Nicky Anosike... way to go!

Also, not since Shannon Bobbit have I seen an aggressive point guard with the heart of our new freshman leader Anastasia Hayes. She's not scared to take it to the rim one bit! We got a great player for sure!!!

Today looked like Pats teams of old... keep it going ladies... volnation is proud of you!!!

Hayes is a Tony Parker type of guard...Love that type of PG!

For the team to continue to grow, every aspect of the org has to grow with it. Expectations have to be equal.
Every game has to be this important.

Reactions: 2 people
Hayes certainly had the big game jitters and Holly sat her down, when she returned in second half she let her game come to her, and her defense went from rookie liabity to darn good too. Big growth spurt and nice coaching up by the staff during the game!

Reactions: 5 people
If Green doesn't make those 2 very timely baskets and doesn't rebound those offensive rebounds she got, we lose! She saved the day for sure, imho

Reactions: 6 people
Yep and i hope to see her on the court with MR more and more. She was a lot like NA and did not seem timid at all. Hit the FTs as well. My co-player of the game!!

Reactions: 1 person
We all know Jaimie and Mercedes are going to do their thing... it's about who else is going to step up, and they all gave fight and heart. Haven't seen it like this in a while!

Great game. So I guess we will have a 7 woman rotation in close games. As long as someone can give Mercedes a rest, that will be ok.

Holy crap. I was so immersed in football today I forgot to check on the Lady Vols. They won. That is really cool. Things looking up on Rocky Top.

Beating the # 2 team in the country? Awesome.

Yes, we are starting to see that Green's early season struggles were a function of not having played a competitive game for a long time. Her improvement curve across these first 10 games has been quite impressive. I said two or three games back that she is going to be a better version of S. Nunn (who came up big in some key games).

I was impressed with Evina who looked composed under pressure (the T call looked pretty bogus.

Annie Hayes definitely made some rookie mistakes but I really like how she kept pushing and making plays despite some adversity.

An impressive win, with just 7 players going up against a much deeper TX line-up.

Reactions: 2 people
Green is a beautiful beast on the floor with surprising touch around the basket. She's a keeper. Once Hayes calmed down (family was in attendance), wow. She's a baller on the highest level.

Holly has some guards: Westbrook so smooth, Jackson so improved and Hayes so explosive.

Good job, Holly!

Reactions: 4 people
We have to find Jamie mins but I under her playing her the whole game she was really good and Geno plays 7 all year as well but kd has to spare Jamie so 8 or 9 mins like 3 mins before every five mins time out to give her a break

We have to find Jamie mins but I under her playing her the whole game she was really good and Geno plays 7 all year as well but kd has to spare Jamie so 8 or 9 mins like 3 mins before every five mins time out to give her a break

Playing only 7 and Nared playing 40 mins against top rated teams like Texas not a problem, only a problem if Tennessee has to do the same against less talented teams because the team can’t get a comfortable lead and hold it.

Love both these players but we haven't had someone like Hayes in a long time. She is fearless. That is a lot of what has been missing on this team. Add in the floor general like Westbrook and this will be a deadly combo in the future and they are pretty darn good now.

Reactions: 3 people
Love both these players but we haven't had someone like Hayes in a long time. She is fearless. That is a lot of what has been missing on this team. Add in the floor general like Westbrook and this will be a deadly combo in the future and they are pretty darn good now.

I agree, and with this freshman class we will have a very good next 4 years.

Agree.... What makes these two ladies special is during the recruiting process, it was Annie who verbaled first! Then she proceeded to help in the recruitment of other players... Especially when she knew we were going after Evina and it was Annie reaching out to her letting her know that even if they were both point guards that she (Annie) would change positions and let her play point! Basically telling Evina that she wanted to play B.B. with her even if she had to take a step back if she would come and play at Tennessee!!! They will make each other better ball players and certainly fine young women.

Reactions: 3 people
Annie also made some sweet passes too! There were two that I remember distinctly because they were crucial and almost impossible and both happen to be to her freshman running mates, Davis and Westbrook, both on opposite ends of the floor.

I rewinded those parts so many times! I wish we can have these Freshmen for 6 years! 😂😂😂

I am loving every minute of these young ladies playmaking! Their is no drop off at all when they get into the game. I get excited with anticipation waiting for them to get into a game.

Good job ladies! Y'all the best bench Tennessee has had in a long time. :good!:

VN Store

Back