The biggest critic!

Tumbleweedvol

I'm going to learn how to eat crow! Holly has done an excellent job with this team and I'm not going leave out Bridgett Gordon on the bench. Bridgett is all Lady Vol. She is the lady vol I remember that really was get off your butt and get going. She is truly a lady vol. But, Holly being the face, has faced scrutiny on top of the fact she is a legend, was tough. This game showed the toughness and will. These young girls are well coached and tough. This could very well be a special year in the resurrection of the dynasty and end the Huskies run against mediocracy.! Go Lady Vols. :rock:

Reactions: 17 people
I'm going to learn how to eat crow! Holly has done an excellent job with this team and I'm not going leave out Bridgett Gordon on the bench. Bridgett is all Lady Vol. She is the lady vol I remember that really was get off your butt and get going. She is truly a lady vol. But, Holly being the face, has faced scrutiny on top of the fact she is a legend, was tough. This game showed the toughness and will. These young girls are well coached and tough. This could very well be a special year in the resurrection of the dynasty and end the Huskies run against mediocracy.! Go Lady Vols. :rock:
You had me until the last line
"end the husky run against mediocracy" what does that mean?

:hi::hi::hi:Glad the LV won over Texas even with 18 turnovers with one LV having 8 alone. Fortunately Texas had 16 turnovers too. CHW needs to work on getting lower turnovers. Would Pat Sumit tolerate that amount of turnovers?

Reactions: 1 person
:hi::hi::hi:Glad the LV won over Texas even with 18 turnovers with one LV having 8 alone. Fortunately Texas had 16 turnovers too. CHW needs to work on getting lower turnovers. Would Pat Sumit tolerate that amount of turnovers?

No, and the following practice would be brutal.

The LV earned some respect today! That's how it's done, go out and take it. That's what the football program needs to do.

I'm happy they won. But this team has a lot of work to do. Play a little more under control and quit trying to give wins away. They almost succeeded today. But great win.

Reactions: 2 people
Mediocracy against teams that didn't challenge them. There wasn't anything but Connneticut supremacy. There wasn't that one team out there and we know who that is, that they had to play their A game to win. Now it is there again! Go Lady Vols. Rock the Huskies! :lolabove:

Mediocracy against teams that didn't challenge them. There wasn't anything but Connneticut supremacy. There wasn't that one team out there and we know who that is, that they had to play their A game to win. Now it is there again! Go Lady Vols. Rock the Huskies! :lolabove:
1 game at a time...lots of games to win before anyone even mentions huskies. Lots of other teams too. Huskies will have to get a lot better to return to final 4 let alone finals, they look beatable and loss of 1 player and that becomes pretty beatable.

Last edited:
1 game at a time...lots of games to win before anyone even mentions huskies. Lots of other teams too. Huskies will have to get a lot better to return to final 4 let alone finals, they look beatable and lose of 1 player and that becomes pretty beatable.

They beat ND with Williams on the bench and KLS missing huge stretches injured. There isn't one player on the team whose absence would sink the team. You'd need to take out like three players.

I applaud Holly for her coaching today against Texas. Holly showed patience with her team. I didn't think she did that enough last year, but this year she seems to understand more that mistakes will be made by players, turnovers etc. She seems to be letting them play through it, which will only make her players better players. She used timeouts in a wise way as well.

I applaud the lady vols. It wasn't a perfect game, but they got the win. Jaime is one tough cookie. Take me into any battle with Jaime. Evina is constantly impressing me. I like her at the point guard spot. I'm sold on her at that spot after watching her play it against a quality opponent. For a freshman she is so poised.

Sidenote: Notre Dame has been a team that has challenged UConn in the past few years, especially during the Skylar era. I think UConn beat Notre Dame this past outing because Geno put Williams on the bench. She simply was not getting it done. Thank the transfer from Duke for sealing that win.

I'm happy they won. But this team has a lot of work to do. Play a little more under control and quit trying to give wins away. They almost succeeded today. But great win.

Guys - you have to remember that we had THREE Freshmen on the floor at the same time most of the game. This is the first half of the season of their first year - not to mention the first big game of their career. And they beat the #2 team in the nation. These girls will not be the same at the end of the season with a few tough ones under their belt. The future is bright !

Best game from a Lady Vols team I have seen in a long time - really want Holly to succeed and she did a fantastic job today.

Reactions: 6 people
Guys - you have to remember that we had THREE Freshmen on the floor at the same time most of the game. This is the first half of the season of their first year - not to mention the first big game of their career. And they beat the #2 team in the nation. These girls will not be the same at the end of the season with a few tough ones under their belt. The future is bright !

Best game from a Lady Vols team I have seen in a long time - really want Holly to succeed and she did a fantastic job today.

This is true. But Jamie played out of control on many occasions also. Just saying theey need to slow down a bit. Not a complaint. Just an observation. This team can be special.

This team did the one thing that the last few Tennessee teams have not done and this is to play hard to the final whistle. Defensively I thought they took away a lot of the sets that Texas wanted to run. Kudos to this bunch and the staff.

This is true. But Jamie played out of control on many occasions also. Just saying theey need to slow down a bit. Not a complaint. Just an observation. This team can be special.

Jamie should have shot at least 30 foul shots last night. Our ladies were getting fouled a lot but not getting calls. It had the feel of an NCAA tournament game.

Three raw freshmen and terrible officiating kept this game closer than it should have been. The mistakes will lessen with experience, but the officials should be banned from ever calling another game. They didn't get one "possession" call correct in the fourth quarter. Unreal.

Tennessee looked better than the #2 team in every way.

Lady Vols are legit.

Reactions: 5 people
Jamie should have shot at least 30 foul shots last night. Our ladies were getting fouled a lot but not getting calls. It had the feel of an NCAA tournament game.

I'm guessing that was true on both ends. Great game. Lucky to have got the win. Could have just as easily faded. This team has a desire to play defense and rebound when needed.

Three raw freshmen and terrible officiating kept this game closer than it should have been. The mistakes will lessen with experience, but the officials should be banned from ever calling another game. They didn't get one "possession" call correct in the fourth quarter. Unreal.

Tennessee looked better than the #2 team in every way.

Lady Vols are legit.

Problem is Texas should have never been ranked that high to begin with.

Problem is Texas should have never been ranked that high to begin with.

Texas has looked as good as any team out there when they were winning, even without Holmes. They are still a legit FF caliber team with or without her.

This was an all around great win for the program.

Reactions: 4 people
If we see them in the future (Tournament) I hope Holly will play Green more, because Texas will be upgraded once they get Joyner Holmes back.

On offense the Lady Vols are really good both executing plays and scrambling. In the last quarters, though tiring, they need to develop a settled rhythm capped by crisp, precise passing with no inaccurate or desperate lobs. Great teams rarely make passing turnovers.

VN Store

Back