Ok, who is new on Holly's coaching staff?

roddo518

Coach
The Lady Vols played sloppy at times, but executed some crucial plays during times of pressure and intensity. We also appeared more determined and tougher than I've ever seen under Holly. We had some bad calls go against us, Texas was within a basket multiple times, and I enjoyed the response by attacking the rim and being aggressive. Defense needs improvement at times, but I am pleased at what I saw. She is either improving as a coach, or has hired some assistants that are making a difference. Anyway, Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
If you ever been around Gordon. She is intense. She is a Lady Vol. I think mentality meshes well with Holly. This staff is doing an amazing job. Nice job Holly.

Reaves was a slam dunk too.

Gordon 1st year
Reaves 2nd year

Reactions: 8 people
If you ever been around Gordon. She is intense. She is a Lady Vol. I think mentality meshes well with Holly. This staff is doing an amazing job. Nice job Holly.

Gordon 1st year
Reaves 2nd year

Well, I like what they are bringing to the table. It looked different today. We weren't soft, undisciplined, and out of shape. Kudos to Holly, her staff, and the team.

Reactions: 2 people
Hi all, I haven't kept up with the Lady Vols as close in the past. What's our record this year and does this win bode well going forward?

Hi all, I haven't kept up with the Lady Vols as close in the past. What's our record this year and does this win bode well going forward?

Hi all, I've watched the Lady Vols for forty years. Have seen a team win eight titles. I have also seen a decade of incompetence. Fatigue, lack of toughness, skills being unutilized, perennial top five team go to unranked and not making final four for nine years, so save the sarcasm. Forgive me for not taking the team's strength seriously thru the cupcake part of schedule. The jury is still out on Holly's coaching ability, we will see in the tournies to follow. But this does look more like a championship team than ever before under Holly.

It was too! Why no “We Won” threads??? 😂 Some of our posters/“fans” love to focus on the negative asperct of things unfortunately.

My thoughts exactly. I was there tonight and the atmosphere was electric! There was a nice crowd and they really got behind the team... it was amazing!

Reactions: 6 people
My thoughts exactly. I was there tonight and the atmosphere was electric! There was a nice crowd and they really got behind the team... it was amazing!

I could tell it was electric! H*ll it was electric from my couch! 😂 I could feel it through the TV!

I'm starting to think folk are creating new accounts just to start negative threads.....This stuff is ridiculous and need to stop

Reactions: 6 people
I'm starting to think folk are creating new accounts just to start negative threads.....This stuff is ridiculous and need to stop

Yep, that was my plan. I'd join in 2010 just so I could wait for this precise moment to make my move. Unreal the mindset of some of these responders to threads. I was watching and a fan of Tennessee sports when you were crapping yellow. So save me the lecture. If you don't see the difference in coaching and team play, that's on you! So, a legitimate question of who is different on the coaching staff is in order.

Reactions: 5 people

Gordon 1st year
Reaves 2nd year

Yep, that was my plan. I'd join in 2010 just so I could wait for this precise moment to make my move. Unreal the mindset of some of these responders to threads. I was watching and a fan of Tennessee sports when you were crapping yellow. So save me the lecture. If you don't see the difference in coaching and team play, that's on you! So, a legitimate question of who is different on the coaching staff is in order.

:whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Word: LOCKWOOD. If you observed the timeout huddles; HE was more involved than Holly. And That's JUst The Truth; Like It Or Not.

Then like me, you also remember the comments that Summitt needed to go, couldn't win the big ones pre 87 right? Yep same crap then too and see where sticking with her got us. John Adams wrote about 4 of them back when coverage of Lady Vols was spotty at best. I was a kid and bought donuts from the team at my door on sunday and would read that in the sunday paper. I remembering asking my Dad why someone would write that about Summitt. My Dad said some people are just miserable...they want company so they try to spread their negitive nature. It still pisses me off he still has a job and writes hatchet articles. Some people are only happy when everyone is upset and unhappy too

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Word: LOCKWOOD. If you observed the timeout huddles; HE was more involved than Holly. And That's JUst The Truth; Like It Or Not.

Again, a poster going off what they see on TV. How many times did they show the huddle? Twice maybe and you’re trying to insinuate Holly isn’t as involved in the huddles?!?!

Were you at the game?

If the LV'S shoot a better percentage of their free throws and get a more competent officiating crew, this is a 20 point win.

An encouraging win. I'm glad they stopped the Texas streak. Now on to the road trip out west.

Im like minded with you on the difference. Certainly some new talent in place. No way this is typical Holly Warlick coaching.

Again, a poster going off what they see on TV. How many times did they show the huddle? Twice maybe and you’re trying to insinuate Holly isn’t as involved in the huddles?!?!

Were you at the game?

I sit mid-court behind the bench...Dean was very involved in most of the timeouts...If he wasn't a part of the huddle as a speaker, he was the first to greet them coming off the floor and the last to send them off.

But he was definitely vocal out there!

CHW controlled them and Dean emphasized points.

It's not the first time. If you ever payed attention to any huddle, be it football or basketball, different things are going on with different coaches and assistant coaches depended on what has happened and what's coming up. Nothing new here. And That's JUst the Truth; Like It Or Not.

It's amazing or not that some have to come up with some crap against CHW now that we have good chemistry, good players and all pulling together and playing very good. It would have been great for you if Tejas had won, I know.

Reactions: 3 people
Better chemistry. There were some cancers on the team. All is right in Vol land. Go Holly, Barnes, Fulmer and Pruitt! We are on our way back up! Thank you Weekly’s for keeping us afloat!

VN Store

Back