What is the difference between a Negavol and a true fan

Chitownvol1129

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day who happens to be a negitive nancy. She said Fir Holly (sp) I said we are starting 2 freshman and undefeated, she wasn't interested in that, she said it was her fault we haven't won 10 games...dispite not playing that many. I called her a negavol. Which I defined as:
- spells Pat's name summit instead of Summitt, because despite edit, they just dont care or have enough respect, and i guess on TV they can't actually read the court.
- believes Pat left the team stocked.
- doesn't know Pat's last three teams were 2 elite 8s and a sweet 16 after a year with first round lose.
- thinks getting the ball to centers shouting over 60 percent from the field is a stupid outdated offense
- believes offense wins and players who shot out of rhythm should have free reign to fire away even if they don't try to rebound or play defense.
- thinks we can hire a coach with better performance results than Holly but can't name one
- believes all players stagnate and no one ever gets better at UT, even if they can't name one who fits that build.
- is still complaining about our lack of recruits 2 yrs ago.
- has no idea where the Pat Statue is located on campus.
- believes all practices are at Pratt and we never practice at Thompson.
-thinks we only practice defense then sing songs in practice
- avoids the forum hoping for a lose, like watching traffic waiting for a wreck
-believes Holly isn't really all vol and doesn't know she was Pat's first all american and first player to have jersey retired ever
-wanted us to hire Taylor instead
- has no clue how many verses there are to rocky top...and only sings the chorus
-thinks "the hill" is a country band
- wants to compare Nared to Diana Turasi ( and knows how to spell her name but not Summitt)
- brings UCONN up when SC is the reigning champions
-thinks Diamond was a helpful addition to our team
-was ok with Coopers turnovers as a freshman but blames Holly for team turnovers
- thinks Diamond was a better ball handler than Nared
- Spells Nared...Nard after 3.2 yrs
- can't name our coaches but is convinced they all suck
- always sees the negitive in a win and seems down right happy about our loses.
- says we never win big games anymore, dispite us beating Stanford, Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Mississippi St ( last two late in season on the road) last year.

she said simply fire Holly! Lets compare Apples and Oranges. Or our senior leader and Maya Moore and she believes it will be a positive debate.
So i am just intetested, what do you think the difference is?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
I’d like to add:
- They also think it’s coaching when players miss wide open layups and shots.

- Refuse to acknowledge that Holly has had injuries to key players at in opportune times that’s prevented her from making a FF already.

- Thinks Tennessee is no longer relevant and will eventually end up like LA Tech and Old Dominion

Thanks for this Chi!

Reactions: 6 people
Feels entitled to instant gratification and misses that when the team does not dominate their opponent.

Reactions: 4 people
thanks Chi...great post...I'll support Holly until she's gone...if anyone has seen this team versus last year's team they'll see a difference...this is a very young, talented team with chemistry unseen in several years...don't know how it will turn out, but these girls will compete with any team...just hang on...it's gonna be good...:):)

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Adding...

--If the team is playing badly, just trashes the team because s/he is unable to actually discuss things like play selection, screens, match-up zones, rotation on defense, etc.
--Knows next to nothing about WCBB in general.
--Only comes to the forum to trash the coach and the team.
--When on the forum, repeats the same trash ad nauseum, adds nothing new to any discussion, and is a complete waste of bandwidth.
--Frequently has 95% of their posts in the football forum.
--Provokes other forum users to wear out the ignore button.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
:hi:
negavols always complain about true fans opinions regarding the Lady Vols.

Look in the mirror Chitownvol. :yes:

GoLadyVols!:)

Reactions: 2 people
:hi:
negavols always complain about true fans opinions regarding the Lady Vols.

Look in the mirror Chitownvol. :yes:

GoLadyVols!:)
I did, yep smile on my face, glass is always half full in my world. Have a great day. Seems someone must think this post was about them.

I don't think I would call out anybody for spelling since you used "first round lose", "Taylor" and "fits that build". Just saying.....

I enjoyed reading that.
I think too many negavols enjoy their misery.
I'm just sitting in my office.. bored.. because I'm done for the day lol..

Thank you.

I did, yep smile on my face, glass is always half full in my world. Have a great day. Seems someone must think this post was about them.

Definitions in this post is related to the eyes of the beholder. Some people are Holly blind and can’t see where she can do any wrong. Bad play is blamed on the players or negative fans. Everything in the book is blamed for bad and ineffective play, except for the coaching. The coaches, at bare minimum, must share the blame for both good and bad.

Then there are people who flat refuse to give Holly the credit when things go right. Thought the Lady Vols are 7 and 0 and playing great ball, better than in the last two years, even against cupcakes, some fans want Holly’ fired. I personally do not think that is warranted. She has to have a chance to make the best out of the talent she has, if she does not, there is a coaching issue.

No matter if you think Holly is the greatest thing since can soup or she is the worse thing since the Great Depression, the buck stops with Holly. I do not believe she is a top 5 coach, however, no one can argue with the success she seems to be having. There are some things that need to be cleaned up, however, we can’t say it is all Holly’s fault because her successes, or failures, will be, in part, depended upon the success of this year’s freshmen. Freshmen can make you look like the brightest star in the sky or dumb as a brick. They are going to make mistakes, and we will lose games, however, it is up to Holly and her coaches to hold this team together.

Always submit a long post going onto great detail why they are justified in their negative views of players and coaches.

Uses the forum as a place to act out when they do not receive what they believe they are entitled to.

Always submit a long post going onto great detail why they are justified in their negative views of players and coaches.

Uses the forum as a place to act out when they do not receive what they believe they are entitled to.

Any of us can be considered negavols when the team is losing to teams way beneath them...But a true negavol is one that looks for a reason to ***** during the "perfect storm"....A negavol would want to sideline this beautiful run, just to satisfy their need to be right.

We live in a nega-society now, unfortunately, but only a foolish person would not see the amazing potential of this current Lady Vol team. In today's game it takes advanced guard play to win big, and we finally have it with the two freshmen and, surprisingly, Jackson.

This team is playing together, and we're seeing addition by subtraction (goodbye bad mojo, Diamond and Te'a, sorry but factual).

The sky is the limit for this team.

Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
interesting post and following thread. My long hypothesis for negative posters is that our board is only one that they respond from a place of half-full and how they live real life is possibly more negative than joyous.

and now that true fans can't cry fire the football coach, and lesser fans can't cry fire the volleyball coach and the men's team is ranked for the first time in seven years, who can a true all-knowing TN fan vent about! hard times for the negatives. (best focus on the grammar and misspellings of other boarders)

smile

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day who happens to be a negitive nancy. She said Fir Holly (sp) I said we are starting 2 freshman and undefeated, she wasn't interested in that, she said it was her fault we haven't won 10 games...dispite not playing that many. I called her a negavol. Which I defined as:
- spells Pat's name summit instead of Summitt, because despite edit, they just dont care or have enough respect, and i guess on TV they can't actually read the court.
- believes Pat left the team stocked.
- doesn't know Pat's last three teams were 2 elite 8s and a sweet 16 after a year with first round lose.
- thinks getting the ball to centers shouting over 60 percent from the field is a stupid outdated offense
- believes offense wins and players who shot out of rhythm should have free reign to fire away even if they don't try to rebound or play defense.
- thinks we can hire a coach with better performance results than Holly but can't name one
- believes all players stagnate and no one ever gets better at UT, even if they can't name one who fits that build.
- is still complaining about our lack of recruits 2 yrs ago.
- has no idea where the Pat Statue is located on campus.
- believes all practices are at Pratt and we never practice at Thompson.
-thinks we only practice defense then sing songs in practice
- avoids the forum hoping for a lose, like watching traffic waiting for a wreck
-believes Holly isn't really all vol and doesn't know she was Pat's first all american and first player to have jersey retired ever
-wanted us to hire Taylor instead
- has no clue how many verses there are to rocky top...and only sings the chorus
-thinks "the hill" is a country band
- wants to compare Nared to Diana Turasi ( and knows how to spell her name but not Summitt)
- brings UCONN up when SC is the reigning champions
-thinks Diamond was a helpful addition to our team
-was ok with Coopers turnovers as a freshman but blames Holly for team turnovers
- thinks Diamond was a better ball handler than Nared
- Spells Nared...Nard after 3.2 yrs
- can't name our coaches but is convinced they all suck
- always sees the negitive in a win and seems down right happy about our loses.
- says we never win big games anymore, dispite us beating Stanford, Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Mississippi St ( last two late in season on the road) last year.

she said simply fire Holly! Lets compare Apples and Oranges. Or our senior leader and Maya Moore and she believes it will be a positive debate.
So i am just intetested, what do you think the difference is?

The only decent team UT has played this year almost beat them. UT's schedule has become a joke. Holly hasn't proven she can win on a National Stage nor has she proven she can win in tournament play

The only decent team UT has played this year almost beat them. UT's schedule has become a joke. Holly hasn't proven she can win on a National Stage nor has she proven she can win in tournament play

😂 weakest post all year I would point out all your errors but not worth it. Just know you wasted 15 seconds of my life I can never get reading this “fact filled” post. Props for trying though!

I don't believe they're negavols, but negaholly.
Negavols??? usually think Holly is
the anti-christ. They have nothing against the squad.

Reactions: 1 person
The difference between a "Negavol" and a "True Fan" is a useless and overworked phrase. It's just total BS. Here's an example. When some of us posted critical comments about Dooley and Jones, we were called Negavols. Extrapolating from that premise, if someone's post is opposed to your way of thinking, it's an easy way to try to marginalize them. It's that damn simple. Throwing out a Negavol or True Fan tag is just idiocy. Ignorance or stupidity, if you will. But, I'm sure some think it's cute and will continue to carry the torch. Vol fans who continually criticize a coach or player without any foundation for their thinking are just *******s. Plain and simple. There's no need to coin a phrase that gets used broad brush against a portion of the fan base that criticize in a positive manner and try to equate those to the ones who just want to criticize anything and anyone for little or no reason. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 5 people

Which team are you referring to?

VN Store

Back