Stats

VA_VOLFAN

Just was bored and wanted to see how the Lady Vols were fairing so far against the rest of the country. Through 9 games to my surprise we are ranked fairly high in some categories which is a positive sign...

Some stats that stuck out...

#1 in total Free throw attempts (243)
#1 Defensive Rebounds per game (35)
#2 in total free throw makes (167)
#2 in rebounds per game (50.1/#1-52.3)
#4 scoring margin (29.9)
#6 in total rebounds (451/ #1- 485 with 11 games played)
#7 Scoring Offense (89.4 pts per game)
#8 FIeld Goal % (49.9... Texas same exact)
#9 in rebound margin (13.7)
#9 in 3 pt FG Defense (22.5%)
#16 Field Percentage Defense (32.2%)
#16 total assists (167)
#21 assists per game (18.6)

With turnovers per game we rank with just about 50% of the country... we turn it over more than 50% but also less than about 50% (16.1 to per game) if we could cut the to per game down by about 3 we would rank towards the top 25 (#25-12.9) cutting down by 4 (which TN goal is to have no more than 12 per game) that would put them top 10 nationally...

Enjoy 😎

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-women/d1/current/team/111

Sorry if the link acts up but if you copy and paste it in the browser it should take you to the site or put it in a search engine...

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Good to see them #1 at getting to the free throw line and limiting possessions with defensive rebounds! Good to see they are making those free throws too!

Good to see them #1 at getting to the free throw line and limiting possessions with defensive rebounds! Good to see they are making those free throws too!

If Anastasia Hayes played 35 Minutes the FT would go up.

The ladies are scoring more points in the paint and playing D. :good!:

Kortney impressed me with her her accuracy. I"m not certain, but I don't remember her missing one. And almost all of her shots were putback-layups. We need that around the hoop.

If Anastasia Hayes played 35 Minutes the FT would go up.

Fortunately Annie and Meme has each other's back...How bout we try to let that keep going.

If Meme is is chosen to be the sixth man instead of starting,,, she will be the best 6th man she can be.

Our rebounding and ability to get to the line will be invaluable come SEC and tourney play. Getting to the line in a hostile environment can stop the host’s momentum.

Bring on Texas!

Some individual national stat leaders:

#3 in FG% Mercedes Russell
#4 in FT attempts Anastasia Hayes
#7 in FT made Anastasia Hayes
#23 in double/doubles Rennia Davis

Reactions: 1 person
Some individual national stat leaders:

#3 in FG% Mercedes Russell
#4 in FT attempts Anastasia Hayes
#7 in FT made Anastasia Hayes
#23 in double/doubles Rennia Davis

Nice! thank you...Davis is also the number 1 freshman in the nation as far as double/doubles go she is tied with names like Kalani Brown and Lauren Cox from Baylor, Kailia Charles from MD, Linnae Harper (the crazy rebounding guard from Ohio State), Teira McCowan of Miss State, Monique Billings from UCLA, and Sabrina Ionescu from Oregon. Well done young Lady Vol well done! She could score more but even someone like her loves to scorer to see her teammates score the ball... I remember when Meme missed a wide open layup. Davis o. rebounded and scored the ball. Instead of celebrating she went up to meme and touched her shoulder/patted her head like I got you get your head up and make the next one. Meme looked at her and smiled. Just those types of things were missing last year. When Evina hit the step back 3 against ASU rennia was so hype you would of thought she hit the shot. I am really looking forward to her 3pt shooting to come around because she has a great looking shot and that will just add another dimension to her game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back