Game Thread Lady Vols vs Troy

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
DEC 6 (WED) 7:00 P.M. ET

game is in Knoxville

TV: SECN+ (ONLINE)

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 11th in the AP Top 25 poll and 14th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

keep playing tuff Lady Vols :hi:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Hope yur feeling better Sv...We missed you, though I enjoyed jawing with yer ol man.

I should be there Wednesday night.

;o)

Thanks Gov for your dedication to the Lady Vols. Didn’t Troy beat Alabama State by 30 plus points? This is a recruitment question, I heard the Lady Vols were recruiting a post from Australia, does anyone know anything about the young lady?

Thanks, she got skills

You're welcome! It would be great if we could add her but I don't see her coming overseas when she could play professionally for a year and then head to the WNBA instead of going to college in the states and having to wait at least 3 years

You're welcome! It would be great if we could add her but I don't see her coming overseas when she could play professionally for a year and then head to the WNBA instead of going to college in the states and having to wait at least 3 years

I doubt a National Championship means much to an Aussie?? Besides where would she play ? Living in Australia and moving to Connecticut playing under Geno ??? Or anywhere else !!! Agree on the Pro path...

I doubt a National Championship means much to an Aussie?? Besides where would she play ? Living in Australia and moving to Connecticut playing under Geno ??? Or anywhere else !!! Agree on the Pro path...

Exactly her brother is at a school in Georgia which is why I think folk think she might take that path but I just don’t see it happening, I hope I’m wrong and we can pull it off but I’m doubtful

I think our freshmen may get challenged somewhat by the Troy press. We'll also see whether our conditioning has improved. I expect Troy will bring it and force us into an uptempo game. It's important that our bench be ready.

I think our freshmen may get challenged somewhat by the Troy press. We'll also see whether our conditioning has improved. I expect Troy will bring it and force us into an uptempo game. It's important that our bench be ready.

Has the potential to be sloppy because Troy plays fast, but Tennessee should win by 15+

There will be unforced turnovers because that’s what happens when you pressure the ball and speed up the other team! But beware that the other team wants to play fast???? Our girls are designed for this type of game . Just my opinion

Reactions: 1 person
There will be unforced turnovers because that’s what happens when you pressure the ball and speed up the other team! But beware that the other team wants to play fast???? Our girls are designed for this type of game . Just my opinion

They average nearly 50 boards and shoot 22 three's a game.

That's their game.

And one feeds the other. All those three's turn into long rebounds. Their guards know this going in...3 ='s long rebound!.

That said, our guards will need to crash the boards.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we will have <12 turnovers, unless we really go deep early into the bench. We have three guards that are solid ball handlers, and Nared is pretty nifty dribbler herself. We are playing fast and smart. I just hope we keep shooting over 50 percent another game. I love this teams joyous energy.

Last season they got up 99 shots to our 78. They only made 34 percent. Hopefully we can limit their shots this season hard to do when they throw something up every fifteen seconds even if they are guarded. I hope we can score a hundred in this game like we did season. We led 47 to 42 at the half last season won by 26.

Best thing is, Tennessee has scorers at point guard this year. Last year, we didn't. :(

Yup we've been asking for scoring from that position for 4 years. Not knocking Jordan Reynold's but it didn't seem like she was very interested in scoring. We now have 2 at the guard position who can if they have to and one (Annie Hayes) who will let to get to the free throw line no matter what it takes.

Her 12 ppg is no fluke and it could probably be more if she really wanted it to (imo).

VN Store

Back