GO Lady Vols

T.J.

For sure!

I had to take a step back and not comment until I saw a glimmer of hope for the future of The Tennessee Lady Volunteers.

That glimmer of hope appeared during that Alabama State game.
The Hustle plays.
The steals.
Lots of shots going into the basket.
Everybody's moving.
Cedes playing like she means it.
The Freshmen are playing BIG TIME.
Cheredine Green is a banger and knows something about rebounding.
MeMe is actually being groomed as the future leader as a defensive stopper with an offensive punch.
Kortney is finally getting into a groove as a role player.
And the best of all sophomore Kamera Harris will not be just a bench warmer.

Ok Holly! I see your game plan and it's working thus far. I have calmly set down the pitchfork & torch.

That ASU game was fun to watch! There were only 4 turnovers the entire game a record setter! WOW! Good job ladies!

I just hope I'm not jinxing it by saying that I think our beloved Lady Vols are the real deal this season.

There is Hope on RockyTop!

GoLadyVols!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: Fantastic only 4 turnovers for the whole game!!! A remarkable difference than the two prior games with 20 for each game. I have been the biggest complainer on turnovers too. The best improvement for all things in this game. Go LV!!!!!

For sure!

I had to take a step back and not comment until I saw a glimmer of hope for the future of The Tennessee Lady Volunteers.

That glimmer of hope appeared during that Alabama State game.
The Hustle plays.
The steals.
Lots of shots going into the basket.
Everybody's moving.
Cedes playing like she means it.
The Freshmen are playing BIG TIME.
Cheredine Green is a banger and knows something about rebounding.
MeMe is actually being groomed as the future leader as a defensive stopper with an offensive punch.
Kortney is finally getting into a groove as a role player.
And the best of all sophomore Kamera Harris will not be just a bench warmer.

Ok Holly! I see your game plan and it's working thus far. I have calmly set down the pitchfork & torch.

That ASU game was fun to watch! There were only 4 turnovers the entire game a record setter! WOW! Good job ladies!

I just hope I'm not jinxing it by saying that I think our beloved Lady Vols are the real deal this season.

There is Hope on RockyTop!

GoLadyVols!:)

Reactions: 1 person
Their next stretch of games will tell how they are doing. I think their next 8 games are against ranked opponents according to what was shown during yesterdays game.

glimmer noticed...it was close at the tip...gonna get a little tougher down the road...we'll see...:):)

GO LADY VOLS!

Their next stretch of games will tell how they are doing. I think their next 8 games are against ranked opponents according to what was shown during yesterdays game.

After Troy, the next 6 out of 8 games are against ranked opponents, after that Texas A&M, Missouri, and South Carolina are spread out during the rest of the season.

For sure!

They're fun to watch/listen to and, even better, they're having fun themselves. Helluva team to get behind - Go Lady Vols!!

Reactions: 4 people
Everyone most of all besides the winning are the smiles on the ladies faces!:)

They are having fun on the court.

And yes after the Troy game The LVs will be tested the next 8 games.

I'm excited for them and us.

GOLadyVols!

The negavols came in this season primed to fire on all cylinders such that they have been carping over "imperfect" wins.

But brace yourselves, this is a team heavily reliant upon freshman who are still moving up the learning curve. Odds are, they will drop some games in this upcoming stretch and Hayes and Westbrook will look like what they are in these initial test games--freshman PGs.

And the negavols-- will be all "see, see I told ya; I predicted; I knew; nothing has changed; same ole crap;" etc., etc. Remember it is all about how the team is playing in the critical juncture of the season, which does not really start until SEC play.

Reactions: 8 people
Not quite right, but 7 of our next 11 opponents are currently ranked.

University of Tennessee Athletics

Can we beat Texas at home???? May give us a reality check ???

Our trip out west will give a hint for the season! At Long Beach state. And then Stanford....with both being away games could change some people perspective. Stanford has lost a few games and is beatable even if at home!!!

The true season make or breaks starting with Texas A&M on Jan. 11th and then South Carolina , Notre Dame , and Miss. State over a two week period!!!!
Those four games will go a long way toward a successful season or bring us down to earth with hopes of making a run in NCAAÂ’s!! Just My Opinion! 🤔

Not quite right, but 7 of our next 11 opponents are currently ranked.

University of Tennessee Athletics

The part of the schedule that will tell us what we could possibly expect the rest of the way is the stretch where we play;

@A&M, @SC, @ND and Home to Miss State

That will be 4 games against 4 Top 15 teams in a 10 day span (Jan 11-Jan 21).

If we land 3-1 or 2-2 but are extremely competitive in the losses (under 10 points) I think it would say a lot moving forward. Thoughts?

Can we beat Texas at home???? May give us a reality check ???

Our trip out west will give a hint for the season! At Long Beach state. And then Stanford....with both being away games could change some people perspective. Stanford has lost a few games and is beatable even if at home!!!

The true season make or breaks starting with Texas A&M on Jan. 11th and then South Carolina , Notre Dame , and Miss. State over a two week period!!!!
Those four games will go a long way toward a successful season or bring us down to earth with hopes of making a run in NCAAÂ’s!! Just My Opinion! 🤔

Didn't see your post before I post mine but I think that is the stretch to look forward to as well.

Didn't see your post before I post mine but I think that is the stretch to look forward to as well.

Agree.... the trip out west is a challenge but winnable! Then the stretch we both feel is the true test.... if we compete is one thing but for our Freshmen..... if we can win a few or play close to the end will help their mental game so they know they belong ..... As most athletes understand that there is a mental game to all sports and when the Freshmen get that mental light to come on!!!!! Then they will become elite athletes and start the comeback to the Lady Vols we all have been missing these last few years!!! 😁

Agree.... the trip out west is a challenge but winnable! Then the stretch we both feel is the true test.... if we compete is one thing but for our Freshmen..... if we can win a few or play close to the end will help their mental game so they know they belong ..... As most athletes understand that there is a mental game to all sports and when the Freshmen get that mental light to come on!!!!! Then they will become elite athletes and start the comeback to the Lady Vols we all have been missing these last few years!!! 😁

:thumbsup:

I'll say this for Stanford at 5-4 lost to Conn, Baylor and Ohio State twice second time in OT. there freshmen have been tested. (smile)

The part of the schedule that will tell us what we could possibly expect the rest of the way is the stretch where we play;

@A&M, @SC, @ND and Home to Miss State

That will be 4 games against 4 Top 15 teams in a 10 day span (Jan 11-Jan 21).

If we land 3-1 or 2-2 but are extremely competitive in the losses (under 10 points) I think it would say a lot moving forward. Thoughts?

I think they should be favored against Miss State now. They have very little height and depth with Ameysha Williams leaving the team. Basically, McCowan has to go the whole game without getting in foul trouble, Vivians will play a lot at PF, and they will have a very short 3-guard lineup. They would have to shoot lights out and keep McCowan out of foul trouble.

SC and ND will probably be losses, and TAMU is a toss up. As shown last night, they will live and die by their backcourt. Shut one of their high scoring guards down and they are an average team.

I think they should be favored against Miss State now. They have very little height and depth with Ameysha Williams leaving the team. Basically, McCowan has to go the whole game without getting in foul trouble, Vivians will play a lot at PF, and they will have a very short 3-guard lineup. They would have to shoot lights out and keep McCowan out of foul trouble.

SC and ND will probably be losses, and TAMU is a toss up. As shown last night, they will live and die by their backcourt. Shut one of their high scoring guards down and they are an average team.

You thought they would both be losses last year too right?

Reactions: 2 people
My favorite thing sbout this team...they are winners and play with heart and spirit. They maybe young but with 3 great senior leaders ( Dumbar Russell and Nared) enjoying the game and knowing what they have a chance at doing, this team can...right foot, left foot breathe...do. I think every win makes them that much harder to beat. A talented team that believes in themselves deserves support. I hope I see all you at the Texas game. We have a chance to shock the wncaa basketball world. With a huge crowd we could really can gain huge respect and open up recruiting for next year. Beating Texas would be huge! Open bar at my home before game with a ticket...food and drinks!

You thought they would both be losses last year too right?

I did, but I also thought they'd beat Penn State, VT, Ole Miss, Auburn and Alabama.

My prediction for this team is that they would be more consistent, but that they wouldn't be able to reach the same highs as they would if Diamond was on the team and they were clicking on all cylinders like they were during their big wins last year. I didn't expect them to have bad losses, but I also don't think they are favored to repeat some of their big wins from last season. I could be wrong, but I think ND and SC have looked much more impressive this year so far.

I'll say this for Stanford at 5-4 lost to Conn, Baylor and Ohio State twice second time in OT. there freshmen have been tested. (smile)
Yes they have! Imagine if there are negacardinal fans what they are saying! Not...only in TN does that "breed" of "fan" unrock itself

I did, but I also thought they'd beat Penn State, VT, Ole Miss, Auburn and Alabama.

My prediction for this team is that they would be more consistent, but that they wouldn't be able to reach the same highs as they would if Diamond was on the team and they were clicking on all cylinders like they were during their big wins last year. I didn't expect them to have bad losses, but I also don't think they are favored to repeat some of their big wins from last season. I could be wrong, but I think ND and SC have looked much more impressive this year so far.
Honestly, i wouldn't start diamond on this team. Sounds crazy but she was a pouter, and uncoachable even at NC. Maybe she would be a great spark of the bench...after Hayes

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, i wouldn't start diamond on this team. Sounds crazy but she was a pouter, and uncoachable even at NC. Maybe she would be a great spark of the bench...after Hayes

CHW doesn't need the drama....I enjoy the challenge of that type of player. If you can coach them to their best, they become a "Diana Turassi" type of player. You watch, under the right type of coach, DD will be off the charts. . .

But like I said, CHW has the perfect storm right now. The last thing she needs is drama.!

Reactions: 3 people
CHW doesn't need the drama....I enjoy the challenge of that type of player. If you can coach them to their best, they become a "Diana Turassi" type of player. You watch, under the right type of coach, DD will be off the charts. . .

But like I said, CHW has the perfect storm right now. The last thing she needs is drama.!
Agreed...i almost added...an alpha coach like jumper could...but I figured you would chim in! Bravo...it was a wingman set up for you!

VN Store

Back