Phil Fulmer

lvocd

Vol Nation is obviously still abuzz with talk of the hopes and fears around Fulmer's hiring and, of course, who will be hired as the next football coach.

Besides POTUS, I can't think of a job I'd want less than Phil's.

That said, being primarily a fan of Lady Vols basketball and every other sport falling beneath that, I know I can't be the only Lady Vols fan who is beyond thrilled that Phil Fulmer is in charge now.

Obviously his No. 1 priority right now is waking UT up from this football nightmare, but after all that is settled I am 100 percent confident that he's a big fan of the women's sports teams and will be a good leader and advocate for them.

We all know how much Pat loved and respected Fulmer, and there were good reasons for that.

I'm so happy he's being given a chance!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
I knew when I saw the title of this thread that it was going to attract a lot of posters who weren't smart enough to realize this is the LV forum. Maybe it isn't too late to change the title to "New AD and Lady Vol teams" or similar.

Reactions: 3 people
I knew when I saw the title of this thread that it was going to attract a lot of posters who weren't smart enough to realize this is the LV forum. Maybe it isn't too late to change the title to "New AD and Lady Vol teams" or similar.

your point?

agree...I just thought AD Fulmer was the best choice for everything Tennessee...:)

GO AD FULMER AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
As stated not an easy job to want or accept especially for a Senior given the missteps of the recent past. I suspect that LV teams won't be his highest priority in the near future.

three recent football coaches
four men's basketball coaches
now the third athletic director

I'm sure the women's teams will be looked after just fine. I am also sure that there are those who want changes and who will not get their way and will try to blame it on the AD. Time will fix most things so lets give him a chance to make his mark and correct what needs correcting.

Reactions: 5 people
I was heartened in his initial remarks that he spoke about the whole department, not just football. Were it not for Title IX Hart would probably have decimated women's sports here. Coach Fulmer was a friend of Pat and had a daughter playing softball. I'm optimistic our women will get their due.

Reactions: 4 people
I was heartened in his initial remarks that he spoke about the whole department, not just football. Were it not for Title IX Hart would probably have decimated women's sports here. Coach Fulmer was a friend of Pat and had a daughter playing softball. I'm optimistic our women will get their due.

... and another daughter on the swimming & diving team. He's got great Lady Vols creds :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
He will do great by all the womens teams, he was there for the building of the tradition. I am sure Holly is very comfortable with an old friend incharge. As far as football coaches
- why has nobody mentioned Florida's coach? He only won the SEC EAST in the 2 seasons he completed. He wasn't left much to start with, and if his QB didn't get suspended for some weird substance ( and he was a star at West Virginia) they might of had an offense. He lost him half way through his first year. Granted he wouldn't have won the East this year, but he is a solid young coach. His problem was he and the AD hated each other. Les Miles is a good choice too. I think both could save our recruiting class. Grudon is iffy not sure he is up to the year round coaching, and recruiting, plus why would he want it. He makes tons hardly working with no fire near his butt. Same for Payton...no way he wants to travel recruiting year round, he has little kids. He makes mega in endorsements and wants to own a team. That kinda money doesn't start a new career that might tarnish his legacy and brand name.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back