LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
An initial list was started early December is from Board input. I am only the scribe

UPDATED July 17 2018

Committed

Emily Sanders WVa P
Tamari Key NC P
Jordan Horston O PG PN 3

Boarders believe most likely most heavily recruited

Endyia Rogers TX PG
Zia Cooke O PG ES 7
Rickea Jackson MI P PN 2 ES 9

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Take off Brunelle. She shortened her list and we are not on it as of now.

Add Jordan Horston and Kennedy Brown, 6'5 post out of Derby, KS and currently playing for former LV Jody Adams. I believe she holds an offer.

Reactions: 2 people
Also Zia Cooke, Laya Hartman, Tamari Key hold offers. Diamond Miller, Celeste Taylor, Breanna Beal, Kierstan Bell and Lanetta's twin sister Lanyce are getting recruited by Tennessee.

It's a much better class overall vs past few years and a lot of teams have really expanded the number of offers they've made.

My wishlist:
Aliyah Boston and/or Kennedy Brown in the post
Rickea Jackson
Zia Cooke (although I think she is likely to go to Notre Dame or UConn from what I've heard)
Jordan Horston or Diamond Miller
Kierstan Bell

A post or two with an elite point guard and two versatile wing/ forwards. Class of 4-5 depending on who we add this spring, something Holly has said they intend to do by signing one or two more players from HS or Juco. My guess is she'll address post depth and 2019 will be more about adding versatility, although Boston and Brown will be top priority as they are top 10 level talent at the position and overall.

We lose Jackson and Green prior to 2019 class coming in, not Dunbar, Nared or Russell who will be two years gone by the time these guys step on campus.

Also Zia Cooke, Laya Hartman, Tamari Key hold offers. Diamond Miller, Celeste Taylor, Breanna Beal, Kierstan Bell and Lanetta's twin sister Lanyce are getting recruited by Tennessee.

It's a much better class overall vs past few years and a lot of teams have really expanded the number of offers they've made.

My wishlist:
Rickea Jackson
Zia Cooke (although I think she is likely to go to Notre Dame or UConn from what I've heard)
Kierstan Bell

A post or two with an elite point guard and two versatile wing/ forwards. Class of 4-5 depending on who we add this spring, something Holly has said they intend to do by signing one or two more players from HS or Juco. My guess is she'll address post depth and 2019 will be more about adding versatility, although Boston and Brown will be top priority as they are top 10 level talent at the position and overall.

We lose Jackson and Green prior to 2019 class coming in, not Dunbar, Nared or Russell who will be two years gone by the time these guys step on campus.
Confused...green played one yr of juco, redshirted last year. Some say she is a sophmore and then during game it said junior. How many years does she really have? It would seem to me 2 after this year

My wishlist:
Rickea Jackson
Kierstan Bell

Add Emily Saunders also to the list of 2019 recruits who I believe has an offer. She's done to unofficial visits already and is interested in UT she's a 6'5" Post out of West Virginia

Tamari Key 6’5” post from North Carolina had unofficial visit and I believe she got an offer for 2019?

She brought little sister (Teoni) 6’2” GUARD 2021!
Gotta like those sisters!!!! Just think if she is playing guard and gets a growth spurt to sister (Tamari) height of 6’5”!!!! 🤔

Would love to get Maori Davenport, and Aliyah Boston. Aislynn Hayes should be a Tennessee girl.

this initial list in early December is from Board input. I am only the scribe. Submitted to start the conversation

Additions 12.3.17

Breanna Beal, IL F PN 10
Kierstan Bell O G PN 19
Francesca Belibi- CO W PN41 ES 28
Aliyah Boston- MA P PN 16 ES 11
Zia Cooke O PG ES 7
Maori Davenport AL F PN 17 ES 12
Aislynn Hayes TN G
Laya Hartman
Jayla Hemingway- TN G PN 13
Jordan Horston O PG PN 3
Jordan Isaacs- GA F PN 24
Rickea Jackson MI P PN 2 ES 9
Tamari Key NC P
Diamond Miller NJ F ES 17
Emily Saunders WV P
Celeste Taylor NY G ES 14
Lanetta Williams TN F PN 58 ES 35
Lanyce Williams TN

Junior prospect Celeste Taylor commits to Karen Aston and Texas Longhorns

Aliyah Boston likely UConn. They have been on her early in recruiting process. She has been seen at multiple games this year including sitting behind UConn bench at ND game with Paige Bueckers 2020 (#6 ranked Hoopgurlz, #3Prospect Nation)) and Azzi Fudd 2021(youngest on the world championship U-16 team). All 3 have been offered and were actively cheering the comeback and win.

Zia Cooke released a list over the summer of her top 5 which was South Carolina, Ohio State, Tennessee, Maryland, UConn. All have offered except UConn.

Last edited:
I heard that several 2018 recruits were at the Texas game, including Zia Cooke and Rickea
Jackson. They had to pay their own expenses from Ohio and Detroit, so there must be strong interest there. They saw a great game! C’mon, girls, commit!

What recruits were at the Texas game?

Alslynn 2019 & Alasia 2020 & Acacia Hayes 2022, all sister to Anastasia Hays. Madison Hays 2020. Rickea Jackson 2019, Joiya Maddox 2019, Maddie Scherr 2020 class, and Jazmine Massengill that has signed with Tennessee.

Celeste Taylor to Texas so she can come off this list btw .

Maybe Celeste Taylor should ask : Rellah Boothe,Chasity Patterson, Destiny Littleton about playing time???? These highly rated players never got in the game at UT. Watching our Freshmen take it to their upper class players!!! 😈.

If she wants to play and beat teams like Texas she should come to Knoxville? Or maybe she knows she isn’t good enough to play here? 😜

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe Celeste Taylor should ask : Rellah Boothe,Chasity Patterson, Destiny Littleton about playing time???? These highly rated players never got in the game at UT. Watching our Freshmen take it to their upper class players!!! 😈.

If she wants to play and beat teams like Texas she should come to Knoxville? Or maybe she knows she isn’t good enough to play here? 😜

Being dependent on Frosh just means a bunch of upper classmen that were supposed top recruits, didn't pan out.

She's good enough to make the championship U-16 team, but not play for a team that hasn't made a final 4 in a decade and has lost 14 and 12 games the last 2 year.s...Lol

Last edited:
Being dependent on Frosh just means a bunch of upper classmen that were supposed top recruits, didn't pan out.

She's good enough to make the championship U-16 team, but not play for a team that hasn't made a final 4 in a decade and has lost 14 and 12 games the last 2 year.s...Lol

You need to be more detailed in your explanation! If you mean DD the top one or two recruit and Tea Cooper a top ten recruit? I agree

Your last statement went right over my head???

You need to be more detailed in your explanation! If you mean DD the top one or two recruit and Tea Cooper a top ten recruit? I agree

Your last statement went right over my head???

It's simple, if a team is frosh dependent they missed with recruiting b/c the past classes weren't good and/or the coach couldn't "coach them up." So, why coach up your under performing high recruits just get some new ones and just let them freelance, not run sets and turn it into a CYO game of 10 years old.

Read your own comments on the notion a player on the U-16 team isn't good enough to play for a program mired in mediocrity.

VN Store

Back