What would it take...

FrozenLVFan

"Time for Nine"
...for us to get a #1 seed? Seems like a reasonable aspiration if we're dreaming about FF's in other threads.

UConn and ND play on Sun, and the winner is likely to end the season undefeated. Texas, Miss St, and Louisville are currently undefeated but seem unlikely to end the season that way. Miss St and So Car won't get through the SEC season unscathed, IMHO. But all of those teams could end the season with 1-2 losses. WVU, FSU, and KY are undefeated as well but seem more like 2 or more loss teams. Ohio State has 1 loss but faces the easiest schedule of any team under discussion. Baylor, Oregon, and UCLA all have 1 loss now, and the PAC-12 isn't exactly a powerhouse this year, so any of them could end up with 2 loss records.

I think we'd need just 1 loss to ensure a #1 seed. No futzing around and losing to Alabama and Ole Miss. No letting SC embarrass us twice. Just playing our best. Even if we don't get the #1 seed, it would be good just to be in that discussion up to the selection show.

When was the last time this was a legit topic for our contemplation?

I only see one team from the SEC getting a number one seed and that will be the winner of the SEC wars plus who can win most of their top non conference games. The others will probably be one from the Big 12 either Baylor or Texas. UConn will get one. The other will come from a select group of teams including maybe a second SEC team although highly unlikely.

Kentucky got blown out by Baylor yesterday...3 or 4 loses at most and win SEC tounament and at least tie for regular season title

Kentucky got blown out by Baylor yesterday...3 or 4 loses at most and win SEC tounament and at least tie for regular season title.

I like the way they put CSU away last night and the Ben h players got to play the forth quarter. That didn't happen last year.

Reactions: 1 person
I just read where Mikayla Vaughn blew out her ACL yesterday and will join Brianna Turner and Mychal Johnson on Notre Dame's out-for-season list with the same injuries. That is **** luck, particularly with the UConn game on Sunday. Their chances of a 1-seed are diminishing weekly due to the injury curse.

I just read where Mikayla Vaughn blew out her ACL yesterday and will join Brianna Turner and Mychal Johnson on Notre Dame's out-for-season list with the same injuries. That is **** luck, particularly with the UConn game on Sunday. Their chances of a 1-seed are diminishing weekly due to the injury curse.

Sorry to hear that news. ND was fortunate to get the waiver for Shepard.

I only see one team from the SEC getting a number one seed and that will be the winner of the SEC wars plus who can win most of their top non conference games. The others will probably be one from the Big 12 either Baylor or Texas. UConn will get one. The other will come from a select group of teams including maybe a second SEC team although highly unlikely.

Did you see the comment from the other coach last night. She said she wouldn't say whether Tennessee or Bacon was better, but she smiled when she said she told Holly.

...for us to get a #1 seed? Seems like a reasonable aspiration if we're dreaming about FF's in other threads.

UConn and ND play on Sun, and the winner is likely to end the season undefeated. Texas, Miss St, and Louisville are currently undefeated but seem unlikely to end the season that way. Miss St and So Car won't get through the SEC season unscathed, IMHO. But all of those teams could end the season with 1-2 losses. WVU, FSU, and KY are undefeated as well but seem more like 2 or more loss teams. Ohio State has 1 loss but faces the easiest schedule of any team under discussion. Baylor, Oregon, and UCLA all have 1 loss now, and the PAC-12 isn't exactly a powerhouse this year, so any of them could end up with 2 loss records.

I think we'd need just 1 loss to ensure a #1 seed. No futzing around and losing to Alabama and Ole Miss. No letting SC embarrass us twice. Just playing our best. Even if we don't get the #1 seed, it would be good just to be in that discussion up to the selection show.

When was the last time this was a legit topic for our contemplation?

First of all out main three freshmen, Davis, Westbrook and Hayes, must continue to improve and play well. Our stars have to stay healthy and Russell must become one of the best post in the country. Our bench must be productive, especially in the post. Offense MUST be consistent with a high shooting percentage from the outside. We MUST improve our turnover ratio. If all that happens and we play up to our capabilities, we got a shot.

Reactions: 2 people
With the way Tennessee schedules year in and year out having a number 1 seed is always possible if you take care of business.

I'd say winning the SEC tournament and having only two or three losses would get us a #1 seed. Any more losses and it would depend on how the rest of the contenders have done.

We have talent................but...............
1 game at a time!
1 year at a time!

VN Store

Back