SEC Freshman of the Week: Rennia Davis

Great job Rennia!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

I’m most impressed by her shooting percentage. The story noted that “Davis shot 55 percent from the field and started all three games for the Lady Vols” during the Cancun title run.

We have really missed someone who can rebound and shoot at a great clip! She’s special!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Also a special congratulations to Mercedes Russell on being named College Sports Madness publication SEC Player of the week! Way to go Lady Vols!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LadyVol_Hoops/status/935550309576962048/photo/1

Reactions: 2 people
I have seen her on court when the resemblance to Chamique was noticeable. Hope it just keeps being more so! She’s very impressive off court too. Has an Associate’s Degree from a Florida junior college, is well spoken, and very polite. Boy! Did her mama raise her right😍😍!

Reactions: 6 people
I have seen her on court when the resemblance to Chamique was noticeable. Hope it just keeps being more so! She’s very impressive off court too. Has an Associate’s Degree from a Florida junior college, is well spoken, and very polite. Boy! Did her mama raise her right😍😍!

Something about her reminds me of Chamique, too. Obviously she's not as smooth as Meek. Chamique always made scoring look so easy, and it was because of the way she naturally moved -- it was like she didn't look like she was moving all that quickly a lot of times, but, somehow, she'd score easily on just about any defender.

Now, Rennia seems to me to have more natural quickness than Meek, and is doing a great job finding scoring opportunities, but doesn't have quite as much smooooooth.

I am loving what I'm seeing in Davis -- and all the freshmen. Each came to UT with that little something extra that's present in the very best players.

If they can get some good coaching they could be future Lady Vol GREATS.

Reactions: 3 people
Though I am not a big Holly fan it is way too early for Holly bashing. So far, except for the Marquette game the ladies have played very well. In the Marquette game they did not give up though they were in foul hell, the bench brought the victory home. During the prior two years that game, more than likely, would have been a loss. I know that most of their victories have been against cupcakes except for Ok State and Marquette. Even against the cupcakes they have played better than in the last two years. PUT THE BASHING ON HOLD!!!!Until the team goes South, Holly does not deserve to bashed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Though I am not a big Holly fan it is way too early for Holly bashing. So far, except for the Marquette game the ladies have played very well. In the Marquette game they did not give up though they were in foul hell, the bench brought the victory home. During the prior two years that game, more than likely, would have been a loss. I know that most of their victories have been against cupcakes except for Ok State and Marquette. Even against the cupcakes they have played better than in the last two years. PUT THE BASHING ON HOLD!!!!Until the team goes South, Holly does not deserve to bashed.

Amen! Holly approves this message!

Reactions: 1 person
I will project 35% of those weekly awards with go to our freshman. I think Nared and Russell cimbined take at least 8 possibly 10 and both will be first team sec...and at least 2 of our freshmen will be first team freshman. They are that talented. Stay healthy Ladies!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back