For "Free Kortney" posters ...

VollyParton

Blue Hair
Holly has singled out and complimented Kortney's play after both Cancan games so far. We'll be seeing her on the court more, surely :)

Reactions: 5 people
She is stepping up this season and making plays. I am excited that she has been so effective on the court.

I would love to see her step in and be effective/reliable as one of our zone busters. She is off to a good start.

Reactions: 2 people
imvvho, she should start over Meme. Just because she is a senior and has been the most loyal of LVs for all 4 years. Doesn't mean she has to play more minutes but she should get her due.

Reactions: 1 person
imvvho, she should start over Meme. Just because she is a senior and has been the most loyal of LVs for all 4 years. Doesn't mean she has to play more minutes but she should get her due.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either for the simple fact that Russell gets doubled and tripled team a lot so having someone like KD who can knock it down could really help.

I don't see it happening though.

That dang ole Meme would have to have the best shooting first half of her short career so far just after I said that. lol

Reactions: 4 people
I wouldn't be opposed to that either for the simple fact that Russell gets doubled and tripled team a lot so having someone like KD who can knock it down could really help.

I don't see it happening though.

Uhh, Meme's outside shooting percentage is significantly better than KD's.

Uhh, Meme's outside shooting percentage is significantly better than KD's.

Yes it is, MeMe has also had more opportunities to shoot said outside shot as well! She’s also far better in one particular spot (the corner) than she is anywhere else on the perimeter

If given the same minutes we could truly see who’s the better shoot behind the arc! But that’s neither here nor there!

That dang ole Meme would have to have the best shooting first half of her short career so far just after I said that. lol
Yes but she still can't make a 1 on 1 lay up to save her life! Kortney pissed me off last night again with a bad habit of her's...she took a step and a half back to attempt a 3 pointer instead of the catch and shot wide open shot. Took her out of the catch and shot rhythm, and made her miss. Yes her shot is as pretty as she is, but it doesn't always need to be a 3. Starting her is nonsense, she slows the line up down, and we need a fast start. Nared, Davis, Westbrook are just as good from the arc and offer so much more to getting us a fast start with solid defense...and Meme is doing fine in starting line up, and will be our senior leader next year

Reactions: 3 people
Yes but she still can't make a 1 on 1 lay up to save her life! Kortney pissed me off last night again with a bad habit of her's...she took a step and a half back to attempt a 3 pointer instead of the catch and shot wide open shot. Took her out of the catch and shot rhythm, and made her miss. Yes her shot is as pretty as she is, but it doesn't always need to be a 3. Starting her is nonsense, she slows the line up down, and we need a fast start. Nared, Davis, Westbrook are just as good from the arc and offer so much more to getting us a fast start with solid defense...and Meme is doing fine in starting line up, and will be our senior leader next year

MeMe and Green (because I think she turns it up a notch with out having to get scrap minutes relieving Russell)

Kortney has indeed improved her game this year and I look for her to get minutes as she stands in for a starter. Meme has also improved but she is still a bit unpredictable on offense. She has her moments but continues to miss layups that she should be making. Bit of a dichotomy but apparently more time will be needed for her to develop her consistency. Her defense is what is keeping her in the starting lineup in my opinion. Green is still working into the rotation but I like what I see so far. One thing I like about her game is that she takes it to the bucket and when fouled, she makes foul shots which is important for everyone especially the bigs. Hayes gets to the foul line a lot and shoots a nice percentage. She also has a nice touch on her drives. It is nice to see our guards make most of their layups for a change. All in all, our reserves are better than we have had in several years and that has been our achilles heal on past teams. Keeping a lead through rotation of players is a nice luxury to have. Once KK gets healed, she needs to get more minutes as she will be an important cog next year.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back