Top 10 WNBA Prospects

3. Gabby Williams, Connecticut... No Way she is a great collage player at her height, but will not go in the 1st round.

You’re kidding, Williams is a freak of nature, I’d take her at #2 tbh!

As long as Gabby has her athleticism, she's easily a top 5 pick.

I'd easily take her as #2 as a combo forward, but I think she'll fall to #3 behind Aja and Kelsey.

Reactions: 1 person
STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

G. Williams 30 3-7 0-0 2-2 3 8 11 1 3 0 3 4 8
Williams last game.......

We could very well see 3 Lady Vols in the first round.

They only named 10 people. Are there others that you all might think or has the possibility of coming in, in the first round?

STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

G. Williams 30 3-7 0-0 2-2 3 8 11 1 3 0 3 4 8
Williams last game.......

They also won by 18 on the road against a top 5 team. Gabby didn't need to take over like she did against SC or ND last season.

Her stat line in the UCLA game isn't even bad. It's just not exceptional.

They also won by 18 on the road against a top 5 team. Gabby didn't need to take over like she did against SC or ND last season.

Her stat line in the UCLA game isn't even bad. It's just not exceptional.

She reminds me of the girl from Baylor that did a lot of the same thing and did not even get drafted.

Nared over DD? What are you smoking?

DD's game was made for pro ball. Nared hardly can dribble without losing the ball.

Reactions: 3 people
Of course, we all claimed Maya couldn't handle the ball and look how she turned out as a pro.. :)

A few months ago, we all disowned DD when she quit the team and went to Europe. Now that the WNBA draft is under discussion, she's suddenly a Lady Vol again? Sheesh.

Reactions: 6 people
absolutely not, I have no wish for her to ever be known as a LVFL but saying she won't be a fantastic pro is just silly. Her game/physical ability is miles above Nared's at this point in time, imho

This list is way off. Diamond will be top 2 and Gabby Williams will be another Nina Davis, she is undersized and doesn’t have any skill set other than leaping ability. Her game is only good for college basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
absolutely not, I have no wish for her to ever be known as a LVFL but saying she won't be a fantastic pro is just silly. Her game/physical ability is miles above Nared's at this point in time, imho

Maybe, but she's a head case and hasn't been able to translate those abilities into team success at the highest level. Nared's already shown more team leadership this season than DD has in her whole career.

And if the draft were held today, Nared would go above Russell for any team that needed players at both positions.

This list is way off. Diamond will be top 2 and Gabby Williams will be another Nina Davis, she is undersized and doesn’t have any skill set other than leaping ability. Her game is only good for college basketball.

Nina Davis was useless beyond 5 feet of the basket.

Gabby Williams has a solid mid-range jumper, led her teams in assists, and can defend perimeter and post players equally well. There's no comparison.

As long as she's in peak physical form, Gabby will be a great pro player. I'm a big Diamond fan, but there's nothing Diamond can do that Gabby doesn't do better.

Reactions: 5 people
let's see what Gabby does on a team not filled with other players that are way above any of the teams they play against. how are all those "great" Notre Dame players of the past few years doing as pros?

let's see what Gabby does on a team not filled with other players that are way above any of the teams they play against. how are all those "great" Notre Dame players of the past few years doing as pros?

You mean like the team Gabby was on last year? She was their best player. Without her, they don't have the record they had.

Nina Davis was useless beyond 5 feet of the basket.

Gabby Williams has a solid mid-range jumper, led her teams in assists, and can defend perimeter and post players equally well. There's no comparison.

As long as she's in peak physical form, Gabby will be a great pro player. I'm a big Diamond fan, but there's nothing Diamond can do that Gabby doesn't do better.

Break down defenders with the dribble into a pull up jumper? Gabby may be good but DD hands down has a better crossover pull up jumper. No comparison.... That isn’t even a part of Gabby’s game...

Break down defenders with the dribble into a pull up jumper? Gabby may be good but DD hands down has a better crossover pull up jumper. No comparison.... That isn’t even a part of Gabby’s game...

Diamond could get that shot off whenever she wanted to, but that doesn't mean she will actually make the shot.

I'd take Gabby over DD any day. I used to think she was another Nina Davis until she got starter minutes. I'm sold. Even though players like Kelsey are bigger offensive threats and Aja can take over on offense and defense, I think Gabby has the most complete all around game in WCBB today, and many of her strengths will carry over well to the WNBA.

Diamond could get that shot off whenever she wanted to, but that doesn't mean she will actually make the shot.

I'd take Gabby over DD any day. I used to think she was another Nina Davis until she got starter minutes. I'm sold. Even though players like Kelsey are bigger offensive threats and Aja can take over on offense and defense, I think Gabby has the most complete all around game in WCBB today, and many of her strengths will carry over well to the WNBA.

Gabby and Aja both will play the 4 in WNBA, Aja is 6'5" Gabby is 5'11''. just no match.....

DD can be a franchise player ... Gabby is a good piece to a set. Honestly she should have stuck with HJ and become an Olympian that way.... not saying she isn’t good player I just think DD will have the better professional career. I just don’t see her matching up with Parker, Brunson, Ogumike, Delle Don, and other posts very well... and then if she has to switch off on Fowles, Griner , or Charles they are just gonna bury her in the post.

But we shall see... I honestly wish her the best!

VN Store

Back