Non-Lady Vol Game discussion

mike099

During the recruiting season, someone created a Non-Lady Vol recruiting thread, so thought of doing the same for Non-Lady Vol games.

As expected, UCONN took care of UCLA last night 78-60 with out Katie-Lou. I thought it interesting that UCONN only played 6 players. The sixth player was Megan Walker with 25 minutes and looks like she had a good game.

Let's hope our top rated Freshmen play as well against tougher competition.

During the recruiting season, someone created a Non-Lady Vol recruiting thread, so thought of doing the same for Non-Lady Vol games.

As expected, UCONN took care of UCLA last night 78-60 with out Katie-Lou. I thought it interesting that UCONN only played 6 players. The sixth player was Megan Walker with 25 minutes and looks like she had a good game.

Walker converted on good opportunities after struggling in her first few games of the year.

UCONN honestly didn't look all that great for much of the game, but even short handed and on a less than stellar night they throttled a top 5 team on the road. They were up by 29 points on the road under 10 minutes to play. They won the 50/50 balls and didn't force shots, where UCLA put up 26 threes and was never able to get their frontcourt going despite having the size advantage with Stevens sitting out big stretches. UCONN still has 3 more top 5 teams on their schedule so I'm hoping we'll see someone be able to compete with the Huskies but I'm not sure it'll happen this year.

Reactions: 3 people
yep...they good...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

I watched them on the internet the last game that was played. I was certainly impressed with the talent of the Freshmen Lady Vols. What I wasn't impressed by was giving up so many easy baskets. Can someone please tell me why she doesn't use her timeouts to teach during a game, and show them their mistakes during actual playing time. I know everyone is excited but unless she shows me more from the coaching standpoint, I think it is a repeat of last year with her left scratching her head in every interview.

Reactions: 2 people

I watch the game and like i said many time it comes down to making shots good defense and player development. UConn has done that well for years now. I`m not saying Holly or Dean has done a bad job in those areas, But to be fair they could do better.

Reactions: 2 people
Uconn didnt look unbeatable last night. Ucla had many opportunities but couldn't knock down shots and had too manu defensive lapses that led to 3 wide open 3's by Walker. The keyS TO beating uconn is to limit transition baskets, REBOUND, pick up fullcourt 1-5(ala MSU), and score.

Reactions: 1 person
I will be interested to see how Louisville(2-12-18) and Texas(1-15-18) play against UCONN. Will Holmes(Texas) be back to playing by 1-15-18?

I saw the game last night as well...... UConn seemed to not be hitting on all cylinders.... second game in a row that they turned the ball over an inordinate number of times.....

I like how they position rebound and I like how they move to the ball on offensive passes....

Are you a UCON or Geno Fan, or both?

Reactions: 4 people
Today’s game of the day may be Ohio State vs stanford
Notre dame vs south Florida should be a good game

Today’s game of the day may be Ohio State vs stanford
Notre dame vs south Florida should be a good game

Yea I thought that was odd because OSU already beat Stanford in the first game of the season. Maybe Stanford can avenge the loss on a neutral court in Vegas.

I have been looking at box scores on top 25 games and for two games now, R. Boothe has not appeared to have played. Texas played 10 in one game and 12 in today’s blowout.

Perhaps she is injured. Southie from this board and a Texas fan may know.

I have been looking at box scores on top 25 games and for two games now, R. Boothe has not appeared to have played. Texas played 10 in one game and 12 in today’s blowout.

I've watched and wondered the same thing

Dagnabbit... I was just about to say the same thing... to be honest she wasn’t playing very many minutes in the other games either. I wonder if she regrets not signing with one of her original 3... MD had been the favorite for a long time then it was a switch all of sudden. MD, UT, and Auburn were her faves for a long time.

It's especially surprising since Boothe is the best WCBB player in the country this year. For those who were unaware of this fact, just ask her.

Reactions: 5 people
It's especially surprising since Boothe is the best WCBB player in the country this year. For those who were unaware of this fact, just ask her.

Boothe is wasting her time at Texas. She's getting little to no minutes and Joyner Holmes isn't even playing yet. It'll be much of the same next year with Collier and Prince coming in and Holmes, Hosey, White, and Aborowa above her on the depth chart. I can't seee her at Maryland now because they are stacked at her position, Auburn is a cellar dweller though they did sign two good guards, and I'm not sure UT would take her though I wouldn't be surprise. I wouldn't mind seeing what Dawn could do with her, she seems like the player she could coach up and make a team player. Florida state could also be a possibility being close to home and semrau taking a lot of transfers.

Last edited:
Boothe is wasting her time at Texas. She's getting little to no minutes and Joyner Holmes isn't even playing yet. It'll be much of the same next year with Collier and Prince coming in and Holmes, Hosey, White, and Aborowa above her on the depth chart. I can't seee her at Maryland now because they are stacked at her position, Auburn is a cellar dweller though they did sign two good guards, and I'm not sure UT would take her though I wouldn't be surprise. I wouldn't mind seeing what Dawn could do with her, she seems like the player she could coach up and make a team player. Florida state could also be a possibility being close to home and semrau taking a lot of transfers.

Semaru and Dawn BOTH have been taking a lot of transfers... if she leaves by mid year she could be eligible by December of next year after sitting out a year. I could see SC jumping at the chance to try and fill in some holes they will be missing with her... for some reason I could also see her at MD we know Brenda will play her if she is stacked. I also could see her at Ohio State just because she would get mad playing time and would be the go to player there. At UT she would have to play in the post ( she could be a stretch four and play on the peremiter some)but we don’t need anything messing up team dynamics... I think Holly will screen her next transfer very carefully. If she was transferring and fits the TEAM concept I don’t think Holly hesitates to add her but I don’t know how she would feel about sharing the spotlight with the other freshman we have this year. They will get more shots than they are this year the following year. Add in C. Green in the post and KK. This team may become more perimeter oriented and that is not where we need her to play. If her ego is as big as some have stated I wonder how she would respond to being teammates with Rennia someone who beat her teams in HS while also winning the Gatorade Player of the year in FL...

Semaru and Dawn BOTH have been taking a lot of transfers... if she leaves by mid year she could be eligible by December of next year after sitting out a year. I could see SC jumping at the chance to try and fill in some holes they will be missing with her... for some reason I could also see her at MD we know Brenda will play her if she is stacked. I also could see her at Ohio State just because she would get mad playing time and would be the go to player there. At UT she would have to play in the post ( she could be a stretch four and play on the peremiter some)but we don’t need anything messing up team dynamics... I think Holly will screen her next transfer very carefully. If she was transferring and fits the TEAM concept I don’t think Holly hesitates to add her but I don’t know how she would feel about sharing the spotlight with the other freshman we have this year. They will get more shots than they are this year the following year. Add in C. Green in the post and KK. This team may become more perimeter oriented and that is not where we need her to play. If her ego is as big as some have stated I wonder how she would respond to being teammates with Rennia someone who beat her teams in HS while also winning the Gatorade Player of the year in FL...

Yes both coaches does accept transfers. Not sure how she will respond to tough coaching as she does seem to like the spotlight on her which was why I think Dawn would make her a valuable team memeber. I honestly could see her and Davis on the court at the same time. Davis is playing the 4 right now but could slide to the three due to the physicality and toughness of the SEC. boothe could easily play the 4 with Davis at the 3 Hayes the 2 and Westbrook at 1. That would be a great line up. I sure hope rellah is really weighing her options. She already promised us Texas will win 2 championships while she's there but so far she hasn't had an opportunity to show what she can do.

Yes both coaches does accept transfers. Not sure how she will respond to tough coaching as she does seem to like the spotlight on her which was why I think Dawn would make her a valuable team memeber. I honestly could see her and Davis on the court at the same time. Davis is playing the 4 right now but could slide to the three due to the physicality and toughness of the SEC. boothe could easily play the 4 with Davis at the 3 Hayes the 2 and Westbrook at 1. That would be a great line up. I sure hope rellah is really weighing her options. She already promised us Texas will win 2 championships while she's there but so far she hasn't had an opportunity to show what she can do.

She had UT listed as one of her school interest before she changed her mind? I thought we were going to get her early on in her recruitment!???

The biggest issue with her is she wants to play the 3 and 3 only and it doesn't help her that she is similar in size (weight wise) to Danielle Adams.

IF she is looking to transfer (and it may be to early to tell) I don't think it would be Maryland or Florida State (they are loaded at her position) but SC (who loves transfers and always seem to be the first to jump on transfer players) and Ohio State (which has a lot of scholarships and it would be her team are very likely destinations). Miami could also be in play. With Montpremiere being there for 2 more years and more likely to play the 4/5 it would give her the shot to play some 3.

It will be very interesting if she does leave though and I just wonder will it be another mass exodus after the first semester (and this summer) as there are several players who expected to play that aren't playing

Sixth-ranked Notre Dame (5-0) plays No. 3 South Carolina (6-0) tonight on a neutral court in Florida. One of these teams will get their first loss. Any predictions? I expect USC to take the victory due to their inside advantage.

VN Store

Back