UCLA beats Baylor

teacherdean

UCLA beat Baylor 82 to 68. UCLA either has a very good team or Baylor is not who we thought they were. Baylor is loaded with as many 5 stars as UCONN. Sounds like little Miss Tight Pants needs to go back to the drawing board.

Reactions: 1 person
UCLA beat Baylor 82 to 68. UCLA either has a very good team or Baylor is not who we thought they were. Baylor is loaded with as many 5 stars as UCONN. Sounds like little Miss Tight Pants needs to go back to the drawing board.

Yikes... She missed the game due to her daughter miscarrying her grandchild. She wanted to be with McKenzie during this difficult time.

Baylor also missing cox, based on stats Kalani brown was the only one that played well for baylor

I was unaware of those issues, that might be the answer for the defeat. I wish Kim’s family all the best. My wife and I went through the miscarriage of our first child. It is very tough to go through.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Kim's daughter Makenzie, who had the miscarriage at 18 weeks, was also the Asst DOBO. They had announced on Monday that Makenzie was pregnant and that the baby had a heart defect. There was a team meeting on Thursday when Kim told the team of the miscarriage. I would imagine the whole team was in turmoil. Snarky comments about Kim's wardrobe are unnecessary.

Reactions: 3 people
Kim's daughter Makenzie, who had the miscarriage at 18 weeks, was also the Asst DOBO. They had announced on Monday that Makenzie was pregnant and that the baby had a heart defect. There was a team meeting on Thursday when Kim told the team of the miscarriage. I would imagine the whole team was in turmoil. Snarky comments about Kim's wardrobe are unnecessary.

The poster already said that they weren’t aware, apologized, and opened up and shared their own horrible experience. Cut them some slack and throttle back some.

Reactions: 8 people
His apology wasn't posted at the time I wrote and posted that, otherwise I probably would have worded it differently. However, the relationship between any coach's pants and the outcome of a game is dubious.

I was surprised UCLA beat Baylor 82 to 68. Not sure why Cox was not playing. Praying for Kin and her daughter and family. A miscarriage is a very hard thing.

Last edited:
UCONN will probably bring UCLA back to reality next week.

I'm not so sure - they didn't look very impressive against the Terps today even tho they blew them out. The game wasn't as close as the score might indicate (I think they won by 30) but the turtles turned them over 25 times.

So my guess with Samulson out and playing like that against Brenda's team they are ripe to be beaten by UCLA.

I'm not so sure - they didn't look very impressive against the Terps today even tho they blew them out. The game wasn't as close as the score might indicate (I think they won by 30) but the turtles turned them over 25 times.

So my guess with Samulson out and playing like that against Brenda's team they are ripe to be beaten by UCLA.

Not sure you saw the same game as everyone else. The game was over after the first quarter when UCONN was up by 21. They were up 34 going into the 4th before emptying the bench and making the margin closer than the final margin would indicate.

Same happened in their other two wins against ranked teams--they finished the first quarter up by 16 and 19 points and entered the 4th quarter winning by 40 and 34 before the bench let opposing teams tighten the game. IMO, it's going to take a heck of an effort from UCLA to keep the game close even with Samuelson potentially out.

His apology wasn't posted at the time I wrote and posted that, otherwise I probably would have worded it differently. However, the relationship between any coach's pants and the outcome of a game is dubious.

Frozen I am glad you are perfect and never made an undubious remark. Shine your halo!

#-11 Duke lost to Villanova.

Will Vanderbilt start the season 0-4 after their game against Ball State tomorrow afternoon?

So far Vandy has lost to: MTSU, CMU, and TULANE.

There were a few people on this board who Proclaimed that MS White was going to make the Vandy basketball program so great, that they would overtake the Lady Vols.

#-11 Duke lost to Villanova.

Will Vanderbilt start the season 0-4 after their game against Ball State tomorrow afternoon?

So far Vandy has lost to: MTSU, CMU, and TULANE.

There were a few people on this board who Proclaimed that MS White was going to make the Vandy basketball program so great, that they would overtake the Lady Vols.

There wasn't much of a team left when she took over last year, and now 11 of 14 players are freshmen, sophomores, and transfers. I think she needs more time to bring in her own recruits and for the team to gain more experience before any conclusions are reached.

There wasn't much of a team left when she took over last year, and now 11 of 14 players are freshmen, sophomores, and transfers. I think she needs more time to bring in her own recruits and for the team to gain more experience before any conclusions are reached.

I agree

VN Store

Back