you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

the Lady Vols are ranked 13th in the AP Top 25 poll

Wichita State is unranked

keep up the good work young Lady Vols

as as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

I cant wait to see the freshman turn it on. Mercedes Russell and Jaime Nared will take care of business.

Reactions: 2 people
Think we can beat them by forty or more. Hope to see all the freshmen have a great game.

recognize also that BGordon probably helped recruit some of the players.

recognize also that BGordon probably helped recruit some of the players.

BG's gonna be a good addition....She has integrity and loyalty.

And if she can get any player, or all of them to match her work ethic, they'll be beasts.

We need to beat Wichita State and send em home wanting us to come to there house for revenge, yet also fearing that same thing.

Prediction: I think 2 double doubles, maybe a triple double (from an unlikely player) is gonna happen.

Attachments

• TBA 022 UTsent Volnation.jpg
    TBA 022 UTsent Volnation.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
BG's gonna be a good addition....She has integrity and loyalty.

And if she can get any player, or all of them to match her work ethic, they'll be beasts.

We need to beat Wichita State and send em home wanting us to come to there house for revenge, yet also fearing that same thing.

Prediction: I think 2 double doubles, maybe a triple double (from an unlikely player) is gonna happen.
Mercedes, Jamie and Rennia, or do you think Green will break thru?

Yep went to the betting station with that call. Just agree with you. Two or three of those are going to put on a show. KK, humm, not bad call

I am glad we have a few cupcakes before we get into the meat of the schedule. It gives the freshmen a chance to hone their skills to meet the demands of the college game. It also gives Holly and her coaches time to see what combos work. At this point, this team is playing much better than last year’s team. It is amazing that they have reduced the team’s turnovers by one-half. It appears that we have the chemistry that has been missing the last two years.

Reactions: 3 people
Wichita State is 0-3.
@Creighton 61-66
@ Oklahoma State 67-91
South Dakota 48-62

Veteran team with 8 seniors, 4 returning starters. Several 6-2 and 6-3 players.
Avg 58.7 ppg, shooting 38% with 23.5% 3FG....Opponents 73 ppg.
33 rpg, opponents 32 rpg.
A:TO 10.7:15.3.......7 steals/game

Rangie Bessard, RS-Sr F 17.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg
Angiee Tompkins Sr F 10.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg

This is former UTEP coach Keitha Adams' first year at Wichita St, following the Jody Adams debacle last season. This is also their first year in the AAC, and they're picked to finish 10th. Bessard was first team all-MVC last year. Other opponents called them "tough and physical." Given they've out-rebounded their opponents despite losing, we'd better be ready to bang on the boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wichita State is 0-3.
@Creighton 61-66
@ Oklahoma State 67-91
South Dakota 48-62

Veteran team with 8 seniors. Several 6-2 and 6-3 players.

Angiee Tompkins Sr F 10.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg

Nice scouting!

Wichita State is 0-3.
@Creighton 61-66
@ Oklahoma State 67-91
South Dakota 48-62

Veteran team with 8 seniors, 4 returning starters. Several 6-2 and 6-3 players.

Angiee Tompkins Sr F 10.3 pp

This is former UTEP coach Keitha Adams' first year at Wichita St, following the Jody Adams debacle last season. This is also their first year in the AAC, and they're picked to finish 10th. Bessard was first team all-MVC last year. Other opponents called them "tough and physical." Given they've out-rebounded their opponents despite losing, we'd better be ready to bang on the boards.

U.T. By 30, Holly will try different combos with a mixture of freshmen and Green. This will hold the score down some but it is a good move. It will increase the growth of the new Lady Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Looking forward to seeing the girls for a 2nd time....Saw the Carson Newman game...My Landlord's G-daughter was playing for CN.

I am ready to see 2 dub-dub's and a trip-dub.

And a win that sends a message...."We don't let up ... Every game matters"

I am really excited about this team been counting the days until the next game. When you dealing with freshmen your dealing with players that will get better with every game. I'm hoping to see a terrific performance tonight this team has energy and ability and they play hard.

What's with Nared's hair--she's got a beehive! I take it she'd rather not cut her hair.

LV trail after 1 QTR not a good sign , or not a Lady Vol like 1st QTR. Mercedes playing soft so far , irritates my soul ! :banghead2:

The Wichita State guard Lockhart some nice ball-handling skills, and a sweet pull-up jumper. Meme fell while guarding her and Lockhart made a jump shot.

Rennia Davis is rebounding well. Really nice to see. We’re missing some shots early but we should settle in. Wichita State leads 17-13 after the first quarter.

VN Store

Back