Oh No!

ONO to UConn Link

The last time Ono went to a powerhouse......things went downhill quick

Beatles.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
Sucks. Dangerfield was a top 5 kid (maybe top 3?), Samuelson #1, Collier in the top 5, Walker #1, Christyn Williams #1, and now Nelson-Ododa. They will be loaded as usual. Hopefully Baylor or Texas can knock them off. And maybe Tennessee in the near future!!!

The sweet dangerous one from Tenn was #3 and looks to be a future All American! She is the general that runs the show! A great sense of pride for Tenn!

Reactions: 4 people
The sweet dangerous one from Tenn was #3 and looks to be a future All American! She is the general that runs the show! A great sense of pride for Tenn!

Ms Hayes beat her head to head the last 2 times they played, I watched it!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
well alright then...it's time for our Lady Vols to buckle down...we have good talent as well and with more to come...let's go UT-Uconn rivalry again...:pepper::yahoo::bash:

No balance of power in the women's game.
What good is there in a great mystery novel when you know the ending?

Reactions: 1 person
yeah and they most likely will get Sam Brunelle next year and maybe add Australian Ezi Megbor in the spring . Geno needs to retire for the good of the game seriously :nono:

yeah and they most likely will get Sam Brunelle next year and maybe add Australian Ezi Megbor in the spring . Geno needs to retire for the good of the game seriously :nono:
You can still only play 5 at a time people. He can have ono and the much better Australian girl...i doubt they see the floor at same time. He was loaded last yr but couldnt handle the 5 State put on the floor. Actually...he was the weak leak, he was flat out was out coached

You can still only play 5 at a time people. He can have ono and the much better Australian girl...i doubt they see the floor at same time. He was loaded last yr but couldnt handle the 5 State put on the floor. Actually...he was the weak leak, he was flat out was out coached

Well I would be a bit more charitable in the assessment of the State game.... UConn played badly..... and by most opinions they had overachieved over the year... don't think they were "loaded".... Their starting 5 was ranked by HG #1, 5, 15, 33, and 70 something.... we had at least that caliber in #1, 3, 6, and the backcourt..... so last year, by this measure we were loaded as well....

Vics team played a great game and deserved to win it....wish they went all the way

Reactions: 3 people

It's not about whether or not he retires for me, it's just the size of the sport and the dynamics of its popularity and its reach. As long as you've got a smaller footprint sport with a single clear leader who's active and has multiple titles and is the Olympic coach and the world team coach and all that jazz, the cards are all in their favor.

To be clear, Tennessee was the same way once, and still is to a great extent because of the program's history and the committed resources around it. UT had all the cards too, up until Summitt fell ill (and probably earlier, before they diagnosed it). And it's not as if UT lost all those cards, either, it's just a different dynamic when you lose a legendary leader. No slight to Holly, she's got some momentum lately and I hope it continues positively for her.

But back to the point, I don't expect to see much change about the sport so long as that one school is the one with first preference, with the media presence, with the national attention, the HBO specials, all that. Having a program beat them, surpass their current state, having that situation change, will usher in whatever the next era is.

It's not about whether or not he retires for me, it's just the size of the sport and the dynamics of its popularity and its reach. As long as you've got a smaller footprint sport with a single clear leader who's active and has multiple titles and is the Olympic coach and the world team coach and all that jazz, the cards are all in their favor.

To be clear, Tennessee was the same way once, and still is to a great extent because of the program's history and the committed resources around it. UT had all the cards too, up until Summitt fell ill (and probably earlier, before they diagnosed it). And it's not as if UT lost all those cards, either, it's just a different dynamic when you lose a legendary leader. No slight to Holly, she's got some momentum lately and I hope it continues positively for her.

But back to the point, I don't expect to see much change about the sport so long as that one school is the one with first preference, with the media presence, with the national attention, the HBO specials, all that. Having a program beat them, surpass their current state, having that situation change, will usher in whatever the next era is.

There was more media coverage on UCONN lossing. Which backs up your point. Women's College Basketball needs UCONN to lose more.

2017 National Championship game (without UCONN)- a three-year high for the women’s basketball national championship game, which includes a 29% increase from last year’s finale. (Syracuse vs. UConn on Tuesday, April 5).

Reactions: 2 people

The time I remember him being out coached was in 2008 Final Four against Stanford! He would press Stanford then they didn't have time to set-up their offense. He would pull the press they would come back. He lost in the Semi-Final.

But Pat saw what the press did to Stanford... it was last time the Lady Vols won the title!

The time I remember him being out coached was in 2008 Final Four against Stanford! He would press Stanford then they didn't have time to set-up their offense. He would pull the press they would come back. He lost in the Semi-Final.

But Pat saw what the press did to Stanford... it was last time the Lady Vols won the title!

I recall that game, Wiggins had a hell of a game.

VN Store

Back