5629 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 11-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #16
Franklin Pierce

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Vanderbilt lost again, this time to Central Michigan by 17 points. They are a really bad team.

Florida lost in Gainesville to Arkansas State.

Last edited by Franklin Pierce; 11-14-2017 at 10:26 PM..
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #17
Ladyvol777

Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Pierce View Post
Vanderbilt lost again, this time to Central Michigan by 17 points. They are a really bad team.

Florida lost in Gainesville to Arkansas State.
SEC not looking good....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #18
tennparker3

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Ok State just blasted Wichita State who is a decent mid major and we play both coming up. South Dakota is a tough game because of the style of game they play and they are well coached. Marquette lost to a New Mexico team that is expected to finish near the top of their conference and they have what many consider the best player and best freshman in the MW. I've seen much better teams unravel playing at "The Pit" against less talented New Mexico teams. Point is Marquette shouldn't be taken lightly because of a one point loss in their first game on the road at one of the more difficult places to play. All winnable games but we will encounter experience and talent far sooner than the Texas game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-14-2017, 10:54 PM   #19
Nuyoika

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennparker3 View Post
Ok State just blasted Wichita State who is a decent mid major and we play both coming up. South Dakota is a tough game because of the style of game they play and they are well coached. Marquette lost to a New Mexico team that is expected to finish near the top of their conference and they have what many consider the best player and best freshman in the MW. I've seen much better teams unravel playing at "The Pit" against less talented New Mexico teams. Point is Marquette shouldn't be taken lightly because of a one point loss in their first game on the road at one of the more difficult places to play. All winnable games but we will encounter experience and talent far sooner than the Texas game.
I think a NM player dropped like 40 on them yesterday. Mercedes should have a field day. Alluding to what I think you were getting at New Mexico really is a great state for women's basketball overall I hope the committee puts a regional there some time in the future I think it would actually draw pretty well. I will go out on a limb and even say it may draw just as well if not better than Dallas has in the past.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #20
ladyvosl23

Marquette still should have won If that was us we would be calling for holly job they should have won but I agree everyone comes to play us
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #21
FrozenLVFan

Quote:
Post of the week right there. People who are looking ahead to Texas are apt to be in for a rude awakening. This stretch of 5 games is going to force our team to mature fast.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #22
teacherdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfan2012 View Post

Massey has it Tennessee 74 James Madison 62. I think we'll score more than 74.
Rutgers beat JMU by 13 points. Rutgers simply does not have the talent that we have, I think we win 89 to 56.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #23
Ladyvol777

Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdean View Post
Rutgers beat JMU by 13 points. Rutgers simply does not have the talent that we have, I think we win 89 to 56.
I agree....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #24
lvocd

Quote:
Ok State just blasted Wichita State who is a decent mid major and we play both coming up.
I'm not really sure what Wichita State has this year, but they may not be as tough a mid-major as they've been at times in the past. What with all the controversy the last few seasons surrounding former coach Jody Adams and the fact that many players left the program upset while she was there, it may take a few years for them to bounce back.

I speculate that our game with the Shockers (and possibly our game with Marquette?) were scheduled when Jody and Tyler were still the programs' head coaches.

Boy oh boy, a LOT has changed since then!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #25
BMvol27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvocd View Post
I speculate that our game with the Shockers (and possibly our game with Marquette?) were scheduled when Jody and Tyler were still the programs' head coaches.
Tyler was never the head coach at Marquette.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #26
ATLVolFan06

JMU graduated the guard that put up 39 pts on us. She shot 15-35. Only 2 players scored in double figures.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #27
mlindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvol27 View Post
I think they meant when he was an assistant there
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #28
travis929

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvol27 View Post
Correct. And we’re playing them as part of the Cancun Challenge, where I doubt we had much control in who we’re actually playing (or at a minimum it wasn’t an attempt on our part to specifically play Marquette).
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #29
vol-un-tear

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.TN.Orange Blood View Post
#31 Jamie Nard looks hot.
She is. They look like Lady Vols!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #30
37620VOL
Now 37601Vol

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.TN.Orange Blood View Post
#31 Jamie Nard looks hot.
More importantly, she's a good ball player.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP