5621 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Page 11. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 11-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #151
lvfan35yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownvol1129 View Post
Davis is a 4 and plays the 4 when Nared is on the court
hey i like your lineup but green will be the 4 n davis 3.nared now is playing her postion which she hasn't done since she has been here.i like this team alot n the freshman are just going to get better.davis i watched her in high school n i don't like to compare but will.HOLDSCLAW who i see in davis.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #152
lvfan35yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltopia View Post
*looks askance at this entire thread*

Can we all agree that Rennia Davis is going to be something special? They're all going to be special, but I felt like she played hard, and also got in there and cleaned up some garbage for Tennessee. Those sort of players are valuable to teams; the ones who can create from mistakes and change the flow of a rebound attempt or a pass. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, someone can feel free to contradict me. I kept seeing her be in the right place at the right time. Had a few defensive lapses, but otherwise, she looked like an all around contributor. And that's just Davis. There were other good performances as well, obviously. Just. That Davis. I suspect she's going to be making some highlights for us this year.
i feel the same davis has alot of holdsclaw in her.what you think?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #153
Chops123

Anyone worried about these cupcake be wins when it comes to selection time is strength of schedule. We can take care of that by beating ranked teams but if not our seeding might fall.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #154
djtee

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Sec Msu !

Ameshya Williams 6-2 Sophomore no longer with with ? big lost up front ? Schaefer shows closer's mentality in victory - The Dispatch
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #155
lvocd

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlindsay View Post
Green has a motor that Russell simply doesn't have (imo) and she is willing to bang/bruise (and no I am not knocking Russell). I like that Green is willing to go and get rebounds or challenge shot that Russell would normally look at or raise her hands looking to avoid the foul.
This is EXACTLY why I made my original statement.

Russell is a terrific player and I love her and look forward to her having an outstanding season but is, right now, (likely) as good as she'll ever be. She's unlikely to ever develop more speed. Or great leaping ability. Or upper arm/hand strength. Or the ability to get "scrappy" on the floor.

She just isn't physically suited for that. Sorry.

Now, Green? She IS. In the very little time she has played in a couple of YEARS she has already shown me that she has a tremendous upside, and WILL, given the minutes to adapt and grow, become a player that Holly will be extremely happy to have next season.

*** And no, CoachJumper, my last name isn't Jones.

Last edited by lvocd; 11-17-2017 at 01:31 PM..
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #156
ATLVolFan06

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops123 View Post
Anyone worried about these cupcake be wins when it comes to selection time is strength of schedule. We can take care of that by beating ranked teams but if not our seeding might fall.
We have one of the stongest schedules in the country! Holly chose a smart schedule for this group, it gradually gets tougher which helps our freshmen. Just to name a few. Notre Dame (Away) Texas (Away) Stanford (Away) OKSU (Away) Marquette (Neutral) SC (twice) MSU (Twice) A&M (Away) And Missouri.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #157
lvocd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVolFan06 View Post
We have one of the stongest schedules in the country! Holly chose a smart schedule for this group, it gradually gets tougher which helps our freshmen. Just to name a few. Notre Dame (Away) Texas (Away) Stanford (Away) OKSU (Away) Marquette (Neutral) SC (twice) MSU (Twice) A&M (Away) And Missouri.
Agreed. I think the way this season's schedule lines up is absolutely perfect for this particular team that is trying to get many new players up to speed. To have had early games against top-ranked opponents this year may have done more harm than good.

Only thing I'm worried about is that it may take them longer to get into game shape than Holly is counting on with her strategy of letting them play into shape as the season progresses instead of having them fully conditioned now.

We'll see if her approach for this works out. Hope it does!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #158
travis929

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVolFan06 View Post
Agreed. And while some may end up being cupcakes (e.g. Alabama State, Wichita State), others may deceptively help with RPI in the long-run (or at a minimum are better than many of the teams Baylor and Maryland schedule...). In addition to the teams you mentioned, some 2016-17 end-of-year RPI's for teams we're playing this year:

James Madison: 41
South Dakota: 77
Central Arkansas: 82
Troy: 106
Long Beach St.: 111
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #159
Coach Jumper

Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvocd View Post
This is EXACTLY why I made my original statement.

Russell is a terrific player and I love her and look forward to her having an outstanding season but is, right now, (likely) as good as she'll ever be. She's unlikely to ever develop more speed. Or great leaping ability. Or upper arm/hand strength. Or the ability to get "scrappy" on the floor.

She just isn't physically suited for that. Sorry.

Now, Green? She IS. In the very little time she has played in a couple of YEARS she has already shown me that she has a tremendous upside, and WILL, given the minutes to adapt and grow, become a player that Holly will be extremely happy to have next season.

*** And no, CoachJumper, my last name isn't Jones.
If we were on the court having this discussion, I would say, "Look at the scoreboard"....But since we're here, I'll say,

"Double Double" !
Reply With Quote TOP