Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Reactions: 5 people
2017_18_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg

Massey has it Tennessee 74 James Madison 62. I think we'll score more than 74.

Reactions: 4 people
They played Rutgers tough in their opener. The center for James Madison was rated 20-30 ESPN her senior year in 15. went to VA Tech for a year and transferred.

They played Rutgers tough in their opener. The center for James Madison was rated 20-30 ESPN her senior year in 15. went to VA Tech for a year and transferred.

I wonder if she transferred to be with Kenny Brooks or transferred to get away from him? Lol ...

Probably their toughest opponent to date?

It's their 2nd game, so it doesn't say much.

Texas will be the first team that is in the same stratosphere as Tennessee talent wise. If any of the games before that are close, that has more to do with Tennessee than their opponents.

Reactions: 2 people
NOV 15 (WED) 7:00 P.M. ET

game is in Knoxville

TV: SECN+ (ONLINE)

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

the Lady Vols are ranked 13th in the AP Top 25 poll and USA Today Coaches Poll isn't out yet

James Madison is unranked

there is a lot for the young Lady Vols to improve on,but they will as experience is gained

as as all ways Go Lady Vols

Why is the SE Network not carrying either the men's or women's basketball games so far this year. With 4 channels, it seems that all 4 channels should be broadcasting games rather than just one. The SEC Network may be making a lot of money to its members, but the fans are missing out.

Why is the SE Network not carrying either the men's or women's basketball games so far this year. With 4 channels, it seems that all 4 channels should be broadcasting games rather than just one. The SEC Network may be making a lot of money to its members, but the fans are missing out.

have you seen there online streaming ?

The streaming has gotten a little bit better... But I agree, I see an awful lot of dead space on the SEC network where broadcasts or re-broadcasts could be televised.

It's their 2nd game, so it doesn't say much.

Texas will be the first team that is in the same stratosphere as Tennessee talent wise. If any of the games before that are close, that has more to do with Tennessee than their opponents.

Everyone keeps overlooking Marquette.

Vanderbilt lost again, this time to Central Michigan by 17 points. They are a really bad team.

Florida lost in Gainesville to Arkansas State.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Ok State just blasted Wichita State who is a decent mid major and we play both coming up. South Dakota is a tough game because of the style of game they play and they are well coached. Marquette lost to a New Mexico team that is expected to finish near the top of their conference and they have what many consider the best player and best freshman in the MW. I've seen much better teams unravel playing at "The Pit" against less talented New Mexico teams. Point is Marquette shouldn't be taken lightly because of a one point loss in their first game on the road at one of the more difficult places to play. All winnable games but we will encounter experience and talent far sooner than the Texas game.

Ok State just blasted Wichita State who is a decent mid major and we play both coming up. South Dakota is a tough game because of the style of game they play and they are well coached. Marquette lost to a New Mexico team that is expected to finish near the top of their conference and they have what many consider the best player and best freshman in the MW. I've seen much better teams unravel playing at "The Pit" against less talented New Mexico teams. Point is Marquette shouldn't be taken lightly because of a one point loss in their first game on the road at one of the more difficult places to play. All winnable games but we will encounter experience and talent far sooner than the Texas game.

I think a NM player dropped like 40 on them yesterday. Mercedes should have a field day. Alluding to what I think you were getting at New Mexico really is a great state for women's basketball overall I hope the committee puts a regional there some time in the future I think it would actually draw pretty well. I will go out on a limb and even say it may draw just as well if not better than Dallas has in the past.

Marquette still should have won If that was us we would be calling for holly job they should have won but I agree everyone comes to play us

Post of the week right there. People who are looking ahead to Texas are apt to be in for a rude awakening. This stretch of 5 games is going to force our team to mature fast.

Ok State just blasted Wichita State who is a decent mid major and we play both coming up.

I'm not really sure what Wichita State has this year, but they may not be as tough a mid-major as they've been at times in the past. What with all the controversy the last few seasons surrounding former coach Jody Adams and the fact that many players left the program upset while she was there, it may take a few years for them to bounce back.

I speculate that our game with the Shockers (and possibly our game with Marquette?) were scheduled when Jody and Tyler were still the programs' head coaches.

Boy oh boy, a LOT has changed since then!

I speculate that our game with the Shockers (and possibly our game with Marquette?) were scheduled when Jody and Tyler were still the programs' head coaches.

Tyler was never the head coach at Marquette.

VN Store

Back