Nard is playing like a leader

teacherdean

I know two games against middle of the road talent does not a season make, however, Nared seems more focused and aggressive. She just seems ready to play. She also seems to communicate well with the freshman.

As a whole, this team seems more upbeat, aggressive and physical. K.K. and Green are bruisers in the paint. We have not had that type of play, consistently, since Izzy. These two ladies have height and size.

I am not ready to buy my Final Four tickets and reserve a hotel room in Cleveland, but there is a lot of potential on this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I too like the way Jamie is playing. Aggressive and confident...stepping up to be the leader...as she should. It's what the team has been missing ever since DD arrived.

Reactions: 2 people
A final Four is pushing the expectations for this Year . We should Aim for a Top 4 Finish In Sec and A 16 and Elite 8 this year and Continue to Build you have to blocks first . Can't go from second round to Final Four with Freshman But Like the potential.

A final Four is pushing the expectations for this Year . We should Aim for a Top 4 Finish In Sec and A 16 and Elite 8 this year and Continue to Build you have to blocks first . Can't go from second round to Final Four with Freshman But Like the potential.

Why not we have Mercedes Russell and Jaime Nared to lead the freshman, they will have 30 games or more to do it. At least 2nd in the SEC.

Because Jamie and Mercedes are going to have to prove they are the leaders we need first, but we as fans want to rush a process and it can not happen as a coach they need to get better everyday and have goals that are realistic . We have not finished in the top four last two years. That should be our goal and SC and MS will be the Top two Teams to be honest A top 4 in sec and 25 wins heading into the Conference tournament I will take it. It will give us a top 4 sec in Ncaa and then host 2 rounds as we can reach 2nd in sec if we play hard . I believe we also need to be realistic

Because Jamie and Mercedes are going to have to prove they are the leaders we need first, but we as fans want to rush a process and it can not happen as a coach they need to get better everyday and have goals that are realistic . We have not finished in the top four last two years. That should be our goal and SC and MS will be the Top two Teams to be honest A top 4 in sec and 25 wins heading into the Conference tournament I will take it. It will give us a top 4 sec in Ncaa and then host 2 rounds as we can reach 2nd in sec if we play hard . I believe we also need to be realistic

I definetly hear what you’re saying. But realistically why can’t this team finish in the top 2? Anything can happen... SC has a good team and so does MSU but what happens if we beat MSU at home, win the games we should win, and split with SC? They play at MSU AND at Mizzo this year. Realistically I expect growing pain and for these young ladies to grow through the process. A double bye is a good place to start but being in the top 2 this year is difficult but not out of reach with two all sec players.

Reactions: 1 person
I totally Agree that It is obtainable No disagreeing. but We will take some lumps as long as we dont lose to alabama and those bottom feeders im ok and we can be really good but we have to allow the five new ppl grow and learn

westbrook is "not" a freshman. I have read words about guards with exceptional court vision. Observing her bringing the ball up the floor with confidence is visually different from most other point guards. She exhibits quiet leadership.
Consider the future timeout with 15 seconds down by one and the coach draws up a play - Westbrook or Nared two quality options.

We will see because Wilson is a leader she dominated Maryland tonight and they look good with so many new ppl

Wilson & point guard had career nights, but her team let Maryland come back from down 20. Don't think Coach Staley is pleased.

They still pretty much dominated them on their home Floor. Great Win but Maryland was over matched inside their post our small I want to see wilson against russel

Wilson & point guard had career nights, but her team let Maryland come back from down 20. Don't think Coach Staley is pleased.

Spann and Jennings are also great additions. The downside is that their freshmen postshave not looked good thus far and they need an offensive upgrade at the wing.

I also think that Charles deserves a lot of credit for helping MD cut down the lead. She was terrific in the 2nd half.

They still pretty much dominated them on their home Floor. Great Win but Maryland was over matched inside their post our small I want to see wilson against russel

But SC is ranked 4th and are defending National Champs with supposedly the National POY. Maryland is in a rebuilding year & ranked 15th. A 3-pt game with a minute to go. Wouldn't call that a domination at all.

But SC is ranked 4th and are defending National Champs with supposedly the National POY. Maryland is in a rebuilding year & ranked 15th. A 3-pt game with a minute to go. Wouldn't call that a domination at all.

Were you watching they were up 26 points and got tired . They were crushing them watch the whole game please . please

Nared is my favorite player on this team. I have liked her game since she arrived. I feel she is the leader of this team. She is tough! I expect big things from her this year.

Reactions: 3 people
We will see because Wilson is a leader she dominated Maryland tonight and they look good with so many new ppl

Maryland has a cast of new people, including a freshman point guard. They played USC very good down the stretch. By the way they have a short bench, with ten players. I noticed that Freese coached her players up alone the sideline. I see a lot of the top 10 coaches doing that but seldom see Holly coaching players on the sideline. Usually, if they make errors or not, she only pats them on the butt as they head to the bench.

Wilson is faster and more aggressive than Russell. Wilson knows how to block out and how to place herself in position for rebounds. Wilson is relentless. Against Wilson, Russell cannot take anytime off. When we play USC, Russell had better bring her hard hat and be prepared to work for 4 quarters.

Maryland has a cast of new people, including a freshman point guard. They played USC very good down the stretch. By the way they have a short bench, with ten players. I noticed that Freese coached her players up alone the sideline. I see a lot of the top 10 coaches doing that but seldom see Holly coaching players on the sideline. Usually, if they make errors or not, she only pats them on the butt as they head to the bench.

Do you think Holly was more active when she led coaching duties during Pat’s Final 2011-2012 season? Or do you think she’s always had the same coaching style? I’m asking because I’ve had similar thoughts about a lack of communication coming from the sideline.

Nared is my favorite player on this team. I have liked her game since she arrived. I feel she is the leader of this team. She is tough! I expect big things from her this year.

I think Meme is going to continue to "up" her game. . . . Watch out for KK too. She can double-double too.

Do you think Holly was more active when she led coaching duties during Pat’s Final 2011-2012 season? Or do you think she’s always had the same coaching style? I’m asking because I’ve had similar thoughts about a lack of communication coming from the sideline.

I think she just had the wrong team for the wrong staff. She has a perfect storm this year. . . We'll find out if I am right.........There are coaches who have to have certain types of players and staff to flourish. I think she has that this year.

And there are coaches who put a team together by inserting a certain "personality" and definitive type of player per what they feel a position calls for.". . The team she had would have worked better for a coach of that style.

Cuavos did not play!!! Take Annie or Westbrook out of our line up and see what happens???

This is SO UNTRUE! You continue to spew that rhetoric after people who have seen the team LIVE several times say otherwise.

They rarely show on television, the coaching moments to which you refer. Holly is always having coachable moments with players, whether it be when other players are shooting free throws, when they are heading towards the bench or even the players already on the bench. She points things out that are going on, on the floor that she thinks needs adjusting.

You kill me teacherdean!!!!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back