Lady Vols have a second straight top-5 class

we starting to look up!!we just need posts to go along kasi.boy wasn't it hearting to finally have a physical post like kasi and green will be also.russell needs to get more aggressive cause she looked just as passive a usual.it was just 1st game but im exited bout this team n players coming in nxt yr.iv'e watched all play on youtube n they play hard n are good defenders n burrell well shocked hell out me.watch her on youtube.she was all over the place as was green n jas n mimi.

Reactions: 1 person
I would say the only thing were missing is the need for one more strong effective inside player. Were set on the perimeter for the next few seasons. I think next season Davis may become a full time four with Green and KK playing the five. Collins has some height an inside skills but she will need a little time.
On the perimeter Z will be the perfect player to take Nared's place. Were looking up a very strong roster.

I would say the only thing were missing is the need for one more strong effective inside player. Were set on the perimeter for the next few seasons. I think next season Davis may become a full time four with Green and KK playing the five. Collins has some height an inside skills but she will need a little time.
On the perimeter Z will be the perfect player to take Nared's place. Were looking up a very strong roster.

I disagree with your assessment of MiMi needing a little more time. Like KK, MiMi was rated low because they didn't fill up the stats she in High School. Both are post players who played on teams with other D1 teammates at the guard and wing positions.

Neither are selfish players and does whatever to make the team better (KK average 10 and 10 in High School) and Collins has average close to a double double as well playing on a team with 5 D1 recruits.

You will see her numbers increase this year as it is not "her" team and the touches she wasn't getting in the past will come her way.

I think Davis only plays the 4 in a pinch. I would love to see us grab a post (5) in this class but I don't think it is a need. With Green being able to play there some for 1 more season and KK being there and Harris (imo if coach properly by instructing her to rebound/block shots and use her 5 fouls she could help us like Stokes help UConn)

A 4 with the ability to play the 5 in the 2020 class is a must. The JUCO route for the 2018 class would be good also but I would want someone who played 2 seasons so that they would leave when Harris leaves and it leaves an open spot for possibly the top post in the 2020 class.

We must land Cardoso (the 6'7" Post from Hamilton Heights) she'd sit 1 year behind KK and be a huge contributor off the bench her first year and be our Anchor her next 3.

Reactions: 4 people
I disagree with your assessment of MiMi needing a little more time. Like KK, MiMi was rated low because they didn't fill up the stats she in High School. Both are post players who played on teams with other D1 teammates at the guard and wing positions.

Neither are selfish players and does whatever to make the team better (KK average 10 and 10 in High School) and Collins has average close to a double double as well playing on a team with 5 D1 recruits.

You will see her numbers increase this year as it is not "her" team and the touches she wasn't getting in the past will come her way.

I think Davis only plays the 4 in a pinch. I would love to see us grab a post (5) in this class but I don't think it is a need. With Green being able to play there some for 1 more season and KK being there and Harris (imo if coach properly by instructing her to rebound/block shots and use her 5 fouls she could help us like Stokes help UConn)

A 4 with the ability to play the 5 in the 2020 class is a must. The JUCO route for the 2018 class would be good also but I would want someone who played 2 seasons so that they would leave when Harris leaves and it leaves an open spot for possibly the top post in the 2020 class.

We must land Cardoso (the 6'7" Post from Hamilton Heights) she'd sit 1 year behind KK and be a huge contributor off the bench her first year and be our Anchor her next 3.
GREAT analysis...i think KK & Mimi are going to be superb position/contributors with immediate impact via their skill set, strength & rebounding...against CN, I was very pleased to see KK NOT give up, even though she was extremely tired...that shows a lot of will-to-win 😃...go LVFL

Reactions: 2 people

Agree, agree, KK was not the point of emphasis with Dodson as their main go to player and other Freshmen and Sophomores shooters. All they needed was KK to rebound or put backs.

I think that is why Ailisin Hayes is not rated because she is surrounded with the twins (MTSU signees) (they just beat Vanderbilt) and Alexander a Vandy commit. And little sister (Alasia)who is rated in 2020.
My reasoning: the other day while playing Hamilton Heights. Trying to make a comeback, she made three 3’s and just missed a fourth to tie the game!!!
She can take charge when needed!

Camilla would be a good get but she is no secret now. She has improved so much since last year and has three years counting this one to get even better! She is from Brazil and might go to FSU like Nicoletti?
Can we get a Spanish speaking coach in the next few years??? 🤔

PS: Can Brunell be a 4 ??

Last edited:
GREAT analysis...i think KK & Mimi are going to be superb position/contributors with immediate impact via their skill set, strength & rebounding...against CN, I was very pleased to see KK NOT give up, even though she was extremely tired...that shows a lot of will-to-win 😃...go LVFL

I loved her attitude. See some Nighttrain in her. Hope I am right and we see a LOT more Nighttrain in her!

Go Lady Vols!

KK certainly looks better than expected so hopefully you are right and Mimi will be ready to contribute immediately.

This 2018 class, compliments this years class well. I like the flexibility this class provides, she will have a lot of options of how to attack opposing team's defenses, besides just the traditional 3/2. Holly wants to play a lot of 4/1 and 5 out, spread motion, now she has the guards to do it. I love that Gordon is coaching the guards.

Nice job Coach Reeves!

Nice hire Holly! It is paying dividends.

I back Pat and roll with Holly.

Best thing when Diamond (turnover queen) left...too much of a distraction. These new players will give this team balance in all positions which is what has been lacking. Would like to see Russell jump instead of stretch when shooting the ball under the basket. I may be missing something but seems she could be trained to jump. Go Lady Vols.

Best thing when Diamond (turnover queen) left...too much of a distraction. These new players will give this team balance in all positions which is what has been lacking. Would like to see Russell jump instead of stretch when shooting the ball under the basket. I may be missing something but seems she could be trained to jump. Go Lady Vols.

Welcome to the board Wood! Mercedes jumps on occasion for some odd reason! I agree, I wish it was more consistent!

Is this class done or is there reason to believe that we add a post player? Great job no matter what! Go Lady Vols!

Is this class done or is there reason to believe that we add a post player? Great job no matter what! Go Lady Vols!

I read an article stating the LV are looking to add at least one more player during the reg/late signing period or even open to signing TWO players if the players fit. The coaches have been in contact with Junior College players along with looking at muiltile international players. The article also stated that they would also look at graduate transfers at the end of the season to see who was available... so while the class may end up being completed the coaches are still going to recruit players m. if i find a link to the article I’ll post it.

Reactions: 5 people
Agree, agree, KK was not the point of emphasis with Dodson as their main go to player and other Freshmen and Sophomores shooters. All they needed was KK to rebound or put backs.

I think that is why Ailisin Hayes is not rated because she is surrounded with the twins (MTSU signees) (they just beat Vanderbilt) and Alexander a Vandy commit. And little sister (Alasia)who is rated in 2020.
My reasoning: the other day while playing Hamilton Heights. Trying to make a comeback, she made three 3’s and just missed a fourth to tie the game!!!
She can take charge when needed!

Camilla would be a good get but she is no secret now. She has improved so much since last year and has three years counting this one to get even better! She is from Brazil and might go to FSU like Nicoletti?
Can we get a Spanish speaking coach in the next few years??? 🤔

PS: Can Brunell be a 4 ??
I think she may be serviceable there but I wouldn’t want to play her there as much, I thinks she is still growing also

I read an article stating the LV are looking to add at least one more player during the reg/late signing period or even open to signing TWO players if the players fit. The coaches have been in contact with Junior College players along with looking at muiltile international players. The article also stated that they would also look at graduate transfers at the end of the season to see who was available... so while the class may end up being completed the coaches are still going to recruit players m. if i find a link to the article I’ll post it.

Here’s the link I believe you were looking for...

Lady Vols basketball, Holly Warlick follow No. 1 class with a top-5

Holly is the Butch Jones of football. She can ride the TN brand to nice recruiting classes, start the season in the top 25 while Occasionally beating a good opponent.

Eventually though they both crap the bed and leave players and fans disappointed and wondering what happened to our once proud program.

Recruiting classes mean nothing if you can’t coach them up. That’s not trying to be snide or mean. That’s just true.

Last edited:
Holly is the Butch Jones of football. She can ride the TN brand to nice recruiting classes, start the season in the top 25 while Occasionally beating a good opponent.

Eventually though they both crap the bed and leave players and fans disappointed and wondering what happened to our once proud program.

Recruiting classes mean nothing if you can’t coach them up. That’s not trying to be snide or mean. That’s just true.

Youre annoying

Annoying but true. We just saw how that worked it for Butch.

Some major differences between the two. One has been a part of a staff at UT that has won multiple National Championships, won the SEC as a Head Coach, and played/coached under a coaching legend, all while being raised in Knoxville and being a UT grad!

Get out of here with your comparisons.

Reactions: 7 people
Holly Warlick is not going anywhere this year. Tennessee will be 9 - 0 when they meet Texas, and I believe they will beat Texas. I believe they will be 16 - 0 when they meet South Carolina.

VN Store

Back