The Lady Vols vs Uconn.

While I wouldn't mind seeing it happen, it won't.
Not in the regular season anyway.
They have a formidable team this year, 5 players in the top 14 according to their next door neighbor, ESPN.

Last edited:
i would love it! Uconn Women by 30. Geno best womens coach of all time.

Hahaaaaa RIGHHHHHTTTTTT...😂 most championships yes! But without CPS there is no Geno! That’s just a fact! So most championships yes! The BEST? There are a lot of qualities that go into the best ... more than just winning!

Reactions: 6 people
Basketball Capital of the world!!! U-U-U-UCONNNNNNN HUSKIESSSS[

I don't mean to bask in your future certain demise but you realize where the ship is headed after Geno is done as long as you remain outside the P5 right?

Non P5 status has taken down many once powers--give a call down to Louisiana Tech or Old Dominion.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't mean to bask in your future certain demise but you realize where the ship is headed after Geno is done as long as you remain outside the P5 right?

Non P5 status has taken down many once powers--give a call down to Louisiana Tech or Old Dominion.

Oh glory. The old "they're gonna suck one day in the future argument". The same one people use against Bama football. Desperate.

Geno will probably stay their 'til he dies.....during a practice. :)

I used to really enjoy the UConn/UT rivalry. It was a great driver of the sport. Even the Auriemma/Summitt give and take added to the interest.

As things stand right now, a game between UT and UConn would probably be an embarrassment to UT. UConn has 4 of the top 15 players in the country. It's possible (probable) that their entire starting lineup will be named All Americans.

UT has some really good recruits coming in and IMO that and the house cleaning after last season will go a long way toward returning UT to WCBB powerhouse status. But they are not their yet.

That said, I just don't see UT being competitive with UConn in the very near future. Today UConn got a commit from #1 recruit Christyn Williams. Next year they will simply reload with what the team needs just as they do every year.

As for the "wait til he leaves" argument while there may be some truth to that, I would expect many of the top WCBB coaches will line up at the UConn ADs door for a shot at the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
We need to focus on notre dame and getting back in the top 3 of our conference first then lets entertain the idea uconn would kill us right now

Exactly brassie..."I used to really enjoy the UConn/UT rivalry. It was a great driver of the sport. Even the Auriemma/Summitt give and take added to the interest.", this is the truth and until we get to the same level, the interest is not there.

:clapping:Absolutely not after what Geno said about Pat Summit until he admits it and apologizes. I am surprised that someone has not published the exact details of that incident.

QUOTE=maxvolfan;14507358]Your thoughts:
Bringing back this LV vs Uconn series would help or hurt our program.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 person
:clapping:Absolutely not after what Geno said about Pat Summit until he admits it and apologizes. I am surprised that someone has not published the exact details of that incident.

QUOTE=maxvolfan;14507358]Your thoughts:
Bringing back this LV vs Uconn series would help or hurt our program.
[/QUOTE]

Why don't you enlighten us?

Reactions: 3 people
i would love it! Uconn Women by 30. Geno best womens coach of all time.

Might be the coach with the most championships to this point but he did not grow the sport like Pat Did, he has not done things outside of his school to grow the sport like Pat did, and even his own daughter said that if it weren't for Pat Summitt and what she did for women's basketball, he probably wouldn't have a job.
Sorry but he can't match that

Pat Summitt's entire legacy will never be surpassed. We don't need to play uconn except in March.

never!!! wthout coach summit playing them in 1995 their would be NO GENO!!!PAT SUMMIT WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE WOMENS BASKETBALL PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ENOUGH SAID DAMMIT!!!

Reactions: 4 people
I used to really enjoy the UConn/UT rivalry. It was a great driver of the sport. Even the Auriemma/Summitt give and take added to the interest.

As things stand right now, a game between UT and UConn would probably be an embarrassment to UT. UConn has 4 of the top 15 players in the country. It's possible (probable) that their entire starting lineup will be named All Americans.

UT has some really good recruits coming in and IMO that and the house cleaning after last season will go a long way toward returning UT to WCBB powerhouse status. But they are not their yet.

That said, I just don't see UT being competitive with UConn in the very near future. Today UConn got a commit from #1 recruit Christyn Williams. Next year they will simply reload with what the team needs just as they do every year.

As for the "wait til he leaves" argument while there may be some truth to that, I would expect many of the top WCBB coaches will line up at the UConn ADs door for a shot at the job.

Fat chance on that suspicion Top coaches don't leave power five conference to a university that has a small fraction of a budget! Lol...not going to happen! Their lack of real conference renue will kill their sports program. Geno is good but no one is going to come in and get near his 9salary...and the recruits will stop coming...they only have 1 for next year...hope her knee holds up. Face it Geno has already started taking transfers in. That, and the news of his prostate cancer...it won't be long

Last edited:

VN Store

Back