2018 Recruit Rankings

mtsuraider06

2018 Commits

Rae Burrell - 6'1" W - #44 ESPN - #119 ProspectsNation

Amira "Mimi" Collins - 6'3" F/P - #50 BlueStar - #69 ESPN - #9 ProspectsNation

Zarielle Green - 6'0" G - #9 BlueStar - #13 ESPN - #23 ProspectsNation

Jazmine Massengill - 6'0" PG - #22 BlueStar - #26 ESPN - #11 ProspectsNation

I thought this might be useful since everyone wants to know the rankings of our commits and recruits. I don't have access to ASGR rankings, and I can't find Burrell's BlueStar ranking.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 14 people
It should also be noted that Prospects Nation has the Lady Vols as the number 3 recruiting class for 2018 (behind Baylor and Texas) before the addition of Rae Burrell. While I doubt we move up, her addition solidifies the ranking and means, in my opinion, that, even if UConn were to land both Williams and Nelson-Ododo, we would be no lower than 4th.

That's two services that have Tennessee in the top 5 for this recruiting class!

Jim

Reactions: 5 people
It should also be noted that Prospects Nation has the Lady Vols as the number 3 recruiting class for 2018 (behind Baylor and Texas) before the addition of Rae Burrell. While I doubt we move up, her addition solidifies the ranking and means, in my opinion, that, even if UConn were to land both Williams and Nelson-Ododo, we would be no lower than 4th.

That's two services that have Tennessee in the top 5 for this recruiting class!

Jim

When Prospects Nation finally does their re-rank of the 2018 class, look for Burrell to move way up. Their staff said all summer that she was one of the biggest stock risers in the country.

another great class...all these stars can't be on the court at the same time...Holly has a dilemma...a good one...surely something good has to be coming...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
South Carolina picks up verbal .... Victoria Saxton 6’1” forward from Ga. top 50 recruit! I hope they don’t get Williams or Ododa??

2018 Commits

Rae Burrell - 6'1" W - #44 ESPN - #119 ProspectsNation

Amira "Mimi" Collins - 6'3" F/P - #50 BlueStar - #69 ESPN - #9 ProspectsNation

Zarielle Green - 6'0" G - #9 BlueStar - #13 ESPN - #23 ProspectsNation

Jazmine Massengill - 6'0" PG - #22 BlueStar - #26 ESPN - #11 ProspectsNation

I thought this might be useful since everyone wants to know the rankings of our commits and recruits. I don't have access to ASGR rankings, and I can't find Burrell's BlueStar ranking.

Can Holly add Laeticia Amihere Is the Future of Women's Basketball - VICE Sports the class off 2019 ?

just to remind all about where the first list all started. the first of the thread.

Recruits

Christyn Williams 5'8" G (AR) HG - 2; PN - 2

Valencia Myers 6'3" P (OH) HG - 31; PN - 14

Charli Collier 6'4" P (TX) HG - 7; PN - 1; BS - 3

Amira Collins 6'3" P/F HG -27; PN - 8

Tatum Veitenheimer 5'7" PG (TX) PN - 24; HG - top 100

Zarielle Green 5'11" G (TX) PN - 21; HG - 12

Olivia Nelson-Ododa 6'4" P (GA) HG - 1; PN - 3

Jazmine Massengill 6'0" PG (TN) HG - 26; PN - 13

Elizabeth Balogun 6'1" G?W (TN) HG - 15; PN - 17

Brinae Alexander 5'11" W (TN) PN - 55

Aquira DeCosta 6'2" W (CA) HG - 6; PN -6; BS - 1

Honesty Scott-Grayson 5'10" PG (NJ) HG - 7; PN - 4; BS - 6

Janai Crooms 5'8" G (RI) PN - 31; HG - 10

McKenzie Forbes 6'0" W (CA) HG - 20; PN - 27

Elizabeth Dixon 6'4" P (TN) PN - 26; HG - 20

Jordan Nixon 5'10" PG (NY) PN - 13

Abby Prohaska 6'0" G (OH) PN - 43

and with a smile some on the list leaned LV way and some previously unidentified found their way to Knoxville.

And, I have thought about trying to update the first of the thread with new signees and future prospects, but it is so far back at this point that I just figured that no one was going to go to the effort to go to the front of the thread to check on any changes/additions/updates.

I did, at one point, try to start a thread with more current recruiting information, but this thread seems to have taken on a life of its own!

Jim

And, I have thought about trying to update the first of the thread with new signees and future prospects, but it is so far back at this point that I just figured that no one was going to go to the effort to go to the front of the thread to check on any changes/additions/updates.

I did, at one point, try to start a thread with more current recruiting information, but this thread seems to have taken on a life of its own!

Jim

Just looking ahead a little....

2018. 2019
Freshman =4. Freshmen = Ailisyn Hayes
Sophomore =4. Sophomore = 4
Junior = 1. Junior = 4
Senior = 2. Senior = 1
Total = 11. Total = 10

Recruiting in 2019 should become more specific as the Hayes sisters start coming in 19 & 20 ( Ailisyn & Alasia) not that we won’t have scholarships available in 2019 total of six and 2020 only lose Harris. Plus the Hamilton Heights girls ( Kamilla & Treasure) hopefully coming in 2020. Things are starting to look up for recruiting as our targets get more specific! JMO

Reactions: 1 person
PRG you and other boarders. had early summer justifiable concern on the non-recruiting of the many TN high school players who were rated in the top 100 . Based on the final commitments are you satisfied with the outcome although only one commitment from Tennessee?

your last comment things are STARTING to look up for recruiting. IMO the looking up will be entering its third year for 2019. go LVs

CannonVol80

If there ever was a good time to start a thread for recruiting 2019 it would be in November. Your initial work augmented by several others was as accurate a beginning and evolution of information that served us well.

I would vote for a new 2019 thread and thanks.

Reactions: 5 people
PRG you and other boarders. had early summer justifiable concern on the non-recruiting of the many TN high school players who were rated in the top 100 . Based on the final commitments are you satisfied with the outcome although only one commitment from Tennessee?

your last comment things are STARTING to look up for recruiting. IMO the looking up will be entering its third year for 2019. go LVs

Yes I am very satisfied with our recruiting. However , for Tennessee to have SIX girls listed in the top sixty is quite unlikely to ever happen again???

I still think we missed some Tennessee girls that could have helped. Dixon and Balogun both going to Ga. Tech are and will be good players. I guess the question is who would I give up!!!! Having seen only Balogun and Jaz play verses Collins , Rae , and .
Zarelle. I don’t know??? I heard someone mention at the game of HH and Riverdale. “ We can find someone to replace Jasmine but it will be very hard to replace Balogun!” Time will tell 🤔

Last edited:
Yes I am very satisfied with our recruiting. However , for Tennessee to have SIX girls listed in the top sixty is quite unlikely to ever happen again???

I still think we missed some Tennessee girls that could have helped. Dixon and Balogun both going to Ga. Tech are and will be good players. I guess the question is who would I give up!!!! Having seen only Balogun and Jaz play verses Collins , Rae , and .
Zarelle. I don’t know??? I heard someone mention at the game of HH and Riverdale. “ We can find someone to replace Jasmine but it will be very hard to replace Balogun!” Time will tell 🤔

At the end of the day you also have to get who wants you! Jaz made it known very early on that she wanted to be a Lady Vol. She has tremendous upside and she wants (like a lot of the recruits we are getting now) to return the program back to where we once were.

Chrystin Williams to announce before noon today!
Is it UConn or South Carolina?

When you have a HOF coach like Geno that keeps winning then getting a #1 recruit is pretty easy lol. Only if Pat was here!

Bad day for the rest of women’s college basketball. UCONN will have 2 or 3 #1 recruits on its roster for at least the next 4 seasons. I just don’t see anyone being able to compete with them for the next several years unless a new coach emerges who can game plan and develop talent on Geno’s level.

South Carolina is going to take a big hit when they lose Wilson next year. Tennessee may be able to retake control of the SEC if the freshmen are as good as advertised and the program takes a turn in the forward direction.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back