USA TODAY Coaches Poll... LadyVols Preseason #18

Washington at #25 is a joke. They lost basically every serious contributor (and their head coach) and Romeo is out for the year.

I think TAMU is really underrated going into this season. They bring back 4 starters and add an elite freshman class.

Reactions: 3 people
Washington at #25 is a joke. They lost basically every serious contributor (and their head coach) and Romeo is out for the year.

I think TAMU is really underrated going into this season. They bring back 4 starters and add an elite freshman class.

I think TAMU is underrated as well. They are as strong a contender for #3 in the SEC as any other team in the league. They have elite scoring inside and out. If Carter adjusts quickly to the college game, they will be dangerous.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless someone on the coaching staff has learned how to coach, then the only thing shinning will be the opponents side of the scoreboard

Can we pin a thread for the negative Nancy's to post their "but the coaching" comments every time a new post appears?

We know how you feel. We see the same comment on every thread. We get it. It adds zero quality content to any new discussion.

Reactions: 16 people
Can we pin a thread for the negative Nancy's to post their "but the coaching" comments every time a new post appears?

We know how you feel. We see the same comment on every thread. We get it. It adds zero quality content to any new discussion.

no **** go somewhere else wth that stuff!!!

negative nancy's are so 2016.

Optimistic ollies are much better.

yes and i am very optimistic n exitced bout this new ladyvol team on the floor.they are going to be a new team wth 5 great additions.GO LADY VOLS!!1

negative nancy's are so 2016.

Optimistic ollies are much better.

I think you meant positive polly. With that said you can't deny holly has underachieved in her small stint as a head coach. So there is some basis to the negative nancies of the world. #HopingfortheBest

They lost four starters at Washington. And the only returning starter (Romeo ) is out for the year! They also lost GiGi Garcia for the year . They must of had one heck of a bench and incoming class to be ranked in the top 25 ????

They lost four starters at Washington. And the only returning starter (Romeo ) is out for the year! They also lost GiGi Garcia for the year . They must of had one heck of a bench and incoming class to be ranked in the top 25 ????

Almost anyone can really get a spot from 20 on down. If you watch the polls the first 10 weeks of the season everyone and their grandma will be in and out of the 20-25 spots. I think that's whats misleading about the polls. The different between a team ranked 25 and a team ranked 35 could be be quite minimal but the different in a 25 and 15 could be quite obviously glaring. It is getting better though. The sport has still got some work to do on closing the gap between a team ranked in the top 5 and a team ranked 15 but it is getting better. I think some of the rules changes for this year will help too.

Almost anyone can really get a spot from 20 on down. If you watch the polls the first 10 weeks of the season everyone and their grandma will be in and out of the 20-25 spots. I think that's whats misleading about the polls. The different between a team ranked 25 and a team ranked 35 could be be quite minimal but the different in a 25 and 15 could be quite obviously glaring. It is getting better though. The sport has still got some work to do on closing the gap between a team ranked in the top 5 and a team ranked 15 but it is getting better. I think some of the rules changes for this year will help too.

I wouldn't say almost anyone. I would say usually 10-20 legitimate teams are considered for those last five spots. What is completely off kilter about Washington's inclusion is that Pac-12 coaches unanimously selected them to finish dead last and I'm pretty sure the AP did or will too. Washington would be hard pressed to find any conference in D1 that would finish in the top 3 let alone be in consideration for a top 25 team. They are likely to be competing to be on the fringes for a top 150 spot at best.

Reactions: 2 people
Rankings mean nothing right now unless you had a guy like Ken Pom doing the rankings. He doesn't do women's basketball so most of the rankings are based on returnees with experience or wild guessing by a guy that wants to write a story.
The real rankings will become evident in about the first ten to fifteen games. I expect the Lady Vols to be 9 and 0 going into the Texas game with a top ten ranking.

Rankings mean nothing right now unless you had a guy like Ken Pom doing the rankings. He doesn't do women's basketball so most of the rankings are based on returnees with experience or wild guessing by a guy that wants to write a story.
The real rankings will become evident in about the first ten to fifteen games. I expect the Lady Vols to be 9 and 0 going into the Texas game with a top ten ranking.

as do i and 18 i think is good ranking cause we are unfamilar n last season didn't help.what iv'e seen in practice this team could be well in top 10 going in texas game.

Isn't this the coaches poll? One would hope that they've done their research on who's who in the women's field...

Isn't this the coaches poll? One would hope that they've done their research on who's who in the women's field...

I honestly think they mainly just vote how their closest buddies vote and once the season actually starts even more so because they aren't actually watching other teams unless they play them. The eye test has become incredibly important in recent years with the way some coaches like to set up their schedule.

Lady Tigers (Missouri) preseason #16? Really, are they just a little better than the Lady Vols? The Lady Cats (KY) at #28. Hmmm?

Lady Tigers (Missouri) preseason #16? Really, are they just a little better than the Lady Vols? The Lady Cats (KY) at #28. Hmmm?

I don't think Kentucky will be very good this year with losing their two best players. #28 is generous.

Missouri finished ahead of Tennessee in SEC play last year, and their net losses are less than Tennessee's. Not the least bit surprised they are ranked higher.

Still think TAMU is the real sleeper outside of the top two SEC teams.

I don't think Kentucky will be very good this year with losing their two best players. #28 is generous.

Missouri finished ahead of Tennessee in SEC play last year, and their net losses are less than Tennessee's. Not the least bit surprised they are ranked higher.

Still think TAMU is the real sleeper outside of the top two SEC teams.

Not surprised that your “sleeper” team outside of SC and Miss St. would be someone else besides Tennessee.

You’re a fan though right?!

Reactions: 4 people
Not surprised that your “sleeper” team outside of SC and Miss St. would be someone else besides Tennessee.

You’re a fan though right?!

Why should it have to be Tennessee? Until they prove otherwise, I’m not going to expect anything from them either.

Reactions: 4 people

Sixteen likes and trending upward. I think it is a great idea but getting them to comply will be tough as many just want that theme to permeate every discussion no matter the subject.

I'll definitely take 18 slot...it gives us a road to travel to the top...it also may allow some teams to sleep on us before they are rudely AWAKENED :dance::pepper:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back