Lady Vol Press conference.

Volfan2012

Last edited:
Warlick has been encouraging, optimistic, and positive every preseason.

Just an observation...

Reactions: 6 people
WOW, that was great. The freshmen Rennia Davis, Anastasia Hayes, Evina Westbrook and Kasiyahna Kushkituah are working so hard that Meme Jackson saw it and step her game up so she could get more playing time. Sure wish she had talked about Kamera Harris and Kortney Dunbar some. Mercedes Russell is going to be a beast this year. Hoping Cheridene Green will push Jaime Nared to the three where she will excel. This team will surprise a lot of people this year. Go Lady Vol's :)

Reactions: 3 people
This is going to be an interesting year. Basically an entire lineup of young, hungry players, some returning veterans, and a schedule with some reasonable test to it but only a few real juggernaut matchups outside the SEC slate. Good luck to Holly, and to the team, and the program. I have no idea what we'll see this year but I hope it's a return to form.

Reactions: 7 people
Kris Durham transferred to Seton Hall years ago! haha good one,i bet most don't remember durham was the #1 high school recruit in 1987
n played 1 sesaon n 1988 squad who transfered .so see coach summit had #1 recruits transfers n we lived.debbie scott transfered to western kentucky also who was top recruit.i have been high on davis so love how players picked her to be surprise player.its going to be fun n exciting yr so go lady vols as usual!!!!

Interesting thing I took away from the players at media day. When each player was asked who will surprise everybody this season, the majority all said Davis. I'm so excited to see what she can do for us this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Interesting thing I took away from the players at media day. When each player was asked who will surprise everybody this season, the majority all said Davis. I'm so excited to see what she can do for us this year.

Me too! I believe Re is going to be special. She did so great in her interview yesterday! All of them did. Really excited about our Fab Four.

Last edited:
the attention given the freshmen versus other players is largely about marketing selling of tickets. more so than the seniors and significantly more that those who in the past have had lesser roles.

I once asked Pat which player improved the most from her freshman to senior year. Her answer was Holdsclaw. Not a player who seldom played her freshman year and by her senior year averaged 8-10 minutes a game. The answer surprised me as a fan, but as a coach the expectation is that a star player just becomes better from year to year.

all good LVs

by the way has anyone written a scouting report on C-N ? ;)

Reactions: 1 person
Mercedes will drop 30 on 'em

Im sure she will. Their center is probably 5'9.

Everyone on the team will look good, but it won't tell us anything. Best case scenario is an 80 point win where players like Kamera and Kortney also play extended minutes is addition to the starters and freshmen.

I'd be disappointed if any starter logged more than 20 minutes.

Mercedes will drop 30 on 'em

The only way Mercedes gets 30 is if CN does not play a zone.They will probably play a 3/2 or 1/3/1 zone and if so it will hard to get the ball into her just like the last two years when team's played a zone.Now if the freshmen bomb from outside the 3 point line over 40 % and shoot them out of the zone 30 may be possible for Mercedes especially if she is able to rebound the misses of the outside shots.

Reactions: 1 person
The only way Mercedes gets 30 is if CN does not play a zone.They will probably play a 3/2 or 1/3/1 zone and if so it will hard to get the ball into her just like the last two years when team's played a zone.Now if the freshmen bomb from outside the 3 point line over 40 % and shoot them out of the zone 30 may be possible for Mercedes especially if she is able to rebound the misses of the outside shots.

MSU and SC weren’t great outside shooting teams but used dribble penetration, ball movement, and bigger guards (SC) to get the ball inside

Im sure she will. Their center is probably 5'9.

Everyone on the team will look good, but it won't tell us anything. Best case scenario is an 80 point win where players like Kamera and Kortney also play extended minutes is addition to the starters and freshmen.

I'd be disappointed if any starter logged more than 20 minutes.

With the exception of Jaime and Mercedes I would like to see everyone with close to 20 minutes or more. Regardless of the level of CN the entire team outside of those two need court time. For the four freshman CN provides a taste of the uptick in level of play as their team is better than 99.9% percent of competition they faced in high school.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, I also want to see all the players get significant minutes! Us fans are really excited see the skill levels of the returnees and the newbies.

VN Store

Back