Notre Dame

djtee

ACL tear sidelines Notre Dame point guard Mychal Johnson Out for the season

IMO, they will be still be a top team with Lili Thompson and Arike Ogunbowale. Makes the room for error smaller, but both are very capable.

Notre Dame will still be very strong on the wing and perimeter with Thompson, Ogunbowale, Mabrey, and I expect a break out year from Jackie Young. The post will be the big question mark at least early on with Turner out and Boley transferring (I think they would used her in the post this year). Would be huge for ND to have Shepard eligible this year.

Tough break for the young lady.

Makes me nervous for UT to only have 10 players this year, with only 8 that will probably see much playing time. Would be nice if we had 12 players next year.

This is going to help Muffet get clearance for Shepard to play this season......

I dunno ... they still have 10 able bodies to play I know Katherine W. Is working through injury but shoot she should be back within the first month of the season per reports from McGraw. Two of the girls are transfers but they have ten players just like us! If the NCAA clears her then they just need to do away with the rule altogether! They still have 4-5 post players who can play which is the sameness position as Jessica S.

Reactions: 1 person
I dunno ... they still have 10 able bodies to play I know Katherine W. Is working through injury but shoot she should be back within the first month of the season per reports from McGraw. Two of the girls are transfers but they have ten players just like us! If the NCAA clears her then they just need to do away with the rule altogether! They still have 4-5 post players who can play which is the sameness position as Jessica S.

MSU Notebook: Allen out for the season | Sports | djournal.com another one

Doesn’t it seem like when these things happen it is in bunches? Dang I feel sorry for these ladies!!

Speaking of injuries, does UCONN do something special to prevent or lessen the seriousness of injuries?

I do not remember the last time a UCONN player was out for the season with any injury.

Speaking of injuries, does UCONN do something special to prevent or lessen the seriousness of injuries?

I do not remember the last time a UCONN player was out for the season with any injury.

They are either so much better than everyone else that losing a starter doesn't matter or they are deep enough that someone on the bench steps up if one of the regulars is out. Didn't KLS miss the final four games her first year? They didn't miss her at all and still rolled to the title.

I don't see a single player on their team this year that could make or break them with an injury...

The poor Doty kid saw more time under the knife than on the court

They are either so much better than everyone else that losing a starter doesn't matter or they are deep enough that someone on the bench steps up if one of the regulars is out. Didn't KLS miss the final four games her first year? They didn't miss her at all and still rolled to the title.

I don't see a single player on their team this year that could make or break them with an injury...

If Stevens get hurt it’s season over! Geno is relying on her to be able to dominate at 6’6” playing on the wing and doing for him what Stewie did, if she gets hurt and is out for a while/season they are done!

Williams is great but Coaches now have tape to watch and try to defend her and Kamara is good but is an undersized post

Brianna Banks and Morgan Tuck.

It's like u read my mind. I never really heard Uconn with injuries, not dat I'm wishing them injury...Actually I am. lol

If Stevens get hurt it’s season over! Geno is relying on her to be able to dominate at 6’6” playing on the wing and doing for him what Stewie did, if she gets hurt and is out for a while/season they are done!

Williams is great but Coaches now have tape to watch and try to defend her and Kamara is good but is an undersized post

But, UConn will still beat you without a sizeable center. To suggest that they are done for the season if Stevens doesn't play is wishful thinking.

The Huskies are a solid squad with or without 6'6.

But, UConn will still beat you without a sizeable center. To suggest that they are done for the season if Stevens doesn't play is wishful thinking.

U rite... Geno is just an experience coach. With or without 6'6, he still get them into ball movement. Pat was the only one to shot him down with anything he got.

While Stevens is expected to play defense in the post, she is a wing, not a center.

While Stevens is expected to play defense in the post, she is a wing, not a center.

My point exactly, she is their advantage this season, she’s the reason people are thinking they steam roll everyone and win another title!

Last year’s lost shows how you beat them when they don’t have that dominant player!

For the past 7 to 8 years they’ve always had that one player that it seemed like was just better than everyone else

(Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Stewie) and they have it again in Stevens if she gets hurt then you have footage of how they were defeated last year

My point exactly, she is their advantage this season, she’s the reason people are thinking they steam roll everyone and win another title!

Last year’s lost shows how you beat them when they don’t have that dominant player!

For the past 7 to 8 years they’ve always had that one player that it seemed like was just better than everyone else

(Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Stewie) and they have it again in Stevens if she gets hurt then you have footage of how they were defeated last year

UConn returns everyone but Saniya Chong and very little used Butler and replaces them with a top 5 recruiting class including the top ranked recruit by most services and two former HS AA's in Stevens (who proved to be one of the better players in WCBB) and Camara. They could lose 3-4 players and still be a legitimate contender.

UConn was considered to be a team going into last season with a lot of question marks considering they lost their 3 best players from the previous season and still managed to win all but one of their games and their only loss was on a last second shot in overtime to a talented team that played one of the best games in the history of their program. Soooo... I don't think anyone should wish injury on any program (not calling out anyone in particular) and there are plenty of valid reasons to think UConn could steamroll their way through this season.

UConn returns everyone but Saniya Chong and very little used Butler and replaces them with a top 5 recruiting class including the top ranked recruit by most services and two former HS AA's in Stevens (who proved to be one of the better players in WCBB) and Camara. They could lose 3-4 players and still be a legitimate contender.

UConn was considered to be a team going into last season with a lot of question marks considering they lost their 3 best players from the previous season and still managed to win all but one of their games and their only loss was on a last second shot in overtime to a talented team that played one of the best games in the history of their program. Soooo... I don't think anyone should wish injury on any program (not calling out anyone in particular) and there are plenty of valid reasons to think UConn could steamroll their way through this season.

Not wishing injury and having watched a few of their incoming freshman in person the only one I really liked is Coombs, Walker is good but imo is very overrated and has to take a lot of shots to score

Yes they bring everyone back except Chong and a seldom used Butler but coaches saw how to defend the team he had last season!

Will they be hungry and out to prove a point sure but knowing Geno he is building this years team around his dominant new addition “Stevens” and she is the key to them steamrolling everyone as without her their talent level is about the same as the top 4/5 teams in the game she makes them a lock to steamroll everyone and that’s just my opinion

People praise them and rightfully so as Geno has accomplished a lot but I’m tired of folks acting like year in and year out that they should just be given the title because they are UCONN!

Anyone can be beat on any given night regardless of how talented you are

VN Store

Back