2018 #1 Recruit - Christyn Williams - Down to 2 schools - UConn & SC

AppManNYC

2018 #1 Recruit - Christyn Williams has cut the Lady Vols, Texas, and UCLA from her list of schools. I hate UConn but I think they'll get her. And I think they are the front runners to land Sam Brunelle (2019 #1 recruit). UGH!

So that would be Dangerfield (2016 #3 recruit), Megan Walker (2017 #1 recruit), and probably Christyn Williams (2018 #1 recruit), and probably Brunelle (2019 #1 recruit).

Throughout history, whenever Geno has 2 #1 recruits - he almost ALWAYS wins the NC.

Anybody else tired of this!
WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP!

Reactions: 1 person
This recruiting year belongs to Baylor and Texas no matter if she signs with UConn. She is an excellent player as was Walker but neither is the type of number one player that Moore, Stewart or Parker were back when they were recruited.
2017 belonged to Tennessee so the goal is to recruit another top class this time we have two effective players and if we get Green and Burrell were number three behind Baylor and Texas.
UConn has been effective when getting the number one class which they have done several times the last few years. They haven't had that the last two season so if this continues they will lose ground as some of their top players graduate. The point being you must have more than just number one player you must have other top ten players to back them up.

Reactions: 2 people
2018 #1 Recruit - Christyn Williams has cut the Lady Vols, Texas, and UCLA from her list of schools. I hate UConn but I think they'll get her. And I think they are the front runners to land Sam Brunelle (2019 #1 recruit). UGH!

So that would be Dangerfield (2016 #3 recruit), Megan Walker (2017 #1 recruit), and probably Christyn Williams (2018 #1 recruit), and probably Brunelle (2019 #1 recruit).

Throughout history, whenever Geno has 2 #1 recruits - he almost ALWAYS wins the NC.

WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP!

They didn't win last year, so that's a start. Even if they get Williams, they don't have any incoming height.

If other teams want to discourage UConn from getting the best players, they need to step it up against them so that UConn isn't the default destination for girls who want to win a NC. In any event, Baylor and Texas have done a good job with recruiting and will hopefully knock UConn off their perch come next season.

WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP!

Can she run the SPREAD offense?

:eek:lol:

Tennesseeduke

They didn't win last year, so that's a start. Even if they get Williams, they don't have any incoming height.

If other teams want to discourage UConn from getting the best players, they need to step it up against them so that UConn isn't the default destination for girls who want to win a NC. In any event, Baylor and Texas have done a good job with recruiting and will hopefully knock UConn off their perch come next season.

Don't see that happening. Baylor & TX have historically under-achieved. Geno does more with less. Jmo.

From 2010 to 2015 UConn had the top class four times. Only in the last couple years have they been a little down the list.
He certainly want have to do more with less this season. He has two number one players and a number three, number six, and the number one player from Canada on the roster. Everyone else is a top 50 player so the roster is certainly not bare as much talent as anybody. If he gets Williams he will have three number 1's and a three on the roster the next season.
His last two classes have been below normal hopefully that will continue would like to see him do more with less something he hasn't ever had to do in the past 20 years.

Right?

Sure, just give Geno all the #1 players and let him run roughshod over everybody for another 4 years.

Dang, aren’t y’all tired of seeing them win?

Exactly! I’d rather see her in the SEC than on a UCONN team! They’re already loaded with Walker, Gordon, Dangerfield, and Coombs.

TBH, she would fit in much better at SC than UConn. She isn't a great shooter and is more of a slasher, which doesn't really fit in well with UConn's system.

Plus, Coombs' game is already very much like Williams', although she isn't as good overall.

Also LOL @ people thinking Texas will ever be the level of UConn. She gets multiple McDonalds AAs every year and still hasn't even come close to a FF. Texas has the most talented roster in the country this year along with Ohio State. Neither one of them are serious threats for the FF because of coaching.

And Mulkey doesn't really achieve to the level she should, either. Keep in mind she only won one NC with the most dominant player in WBB history.

Exactly! I’d rather see her in the SEC than on a UCONN team! They’re already loaded with Walker, Gordon, Dangerfield, and Coombs.

I want her at SC so Hayes, Westbrook, & Massengil will make her regret passing on UT when they shut her (them) down!

Reactions: 7 people
UConn got like 7 of the last 10 #1 players... that’s not exactly doing more with less and those number 1 players are always surrounded with other good players.

You surround raw talent with his coaching and that system and you get the UConn powerhouse.

Other programs may do less with their talent but it’s not exactly accurate to say UConn does more with less. They do WAY more with more, if we’re being honest.

Lets see what happens these next few years. I think it’s safe to say Texas and Baylor got the #1 and #2 classes this year.. The Texas schools are recruiting at a very high level. Now if nothing comes from it over these next few years, not even a Final Four, then Mulkey and Aston should probably be banned from top 10 players forever due to gross negligence.

Reactions: 4 people
UConn got like 7 of the last 10 #1 players... that’s not exactly doing more with less and those number 1 players are always surrounded with other good players.

You surround raw talent with his coaching and that system and you get the UConn powerhouse.

Other programs may do less with their talent but it’s not exactly accurate to say UConn does more with less. They do WAY more with more, if we’re being honest.

Lets see what happens these next few years. I think it’s safe to say Texas and Baylor got the #1 and #2 classes this year.. The Texas schools are recruiting at a very high level. Now if nothing comes from it over these next few years, not even a Final Four, then Mulkey and Aston should probably be banned from top 10 players forever due to gross negligence.

Isn't SC still in the running for Williams and Ododa? If you get them along with Henderson, how is that not the #1 class for 2018?

Isn't SC still in the running for Williams and Ododa? If you get them along with Henderson, how is that not the #1 class for 2018?

If SC got both then that’s probably your number 1 class.. but we don’t at the moment.. so for the sake of argument let’s say Texas and Baylor for now.

If Baylor gets Queen, they will have the number one class regardless where anybody else goes.

Geno doesn't need Williams, he needed Collier, now he needs Ododa. My guess, Williams ends up at South Carolina. She loves UCONN but USC needs her and wnats her and she knows it.

WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP!

TROLL with his/her very first post.

Reactions: 5 people
I want her at SC so Hayes, Westbrook, & Massengil will make her regret passing on UT when they shut her (them) down!

I mean, how are you so sure that SC won't be the ones shutting UT down? Harris, Cuevas-Moore & Cliney are all excellent perimeter defenders. You on the other hand are speaking of 3 players who have never played a minute of college basketball. Just saying

I mean, how are you so sure that SC won't be the ones shutting UT down? Harris, Cuevas-Moore & Cliney are all excellent perimeter defenders. You on the other hand are speaking of 3 players who have never played a minute of college basketball. Just saying

We were able to defeat on your home floor last year with Reynolds, Middleton, Jackson, Nared, and Deshields (our perimeter players)
We return Nared and Jackson, it's safe to say with Westbrooke, Hayes, and Davis that we are feeling good to have the same results this year. (the only thing we will have to worry about is freshman TO's) We don't have to have a rooster as a mascot to still feel cocky.

Reactions: 6 people
We were able to defeat on your home floor last year with Reynolds, Middleton, Jackson, Nared, and Deshields (our perimeter players)
We return Nared and Jackson, it's safe to say with Westbrooke, Hayes, and Davis that we are feeling good to have the same results this year. (the only thing we will have to worry about is freshman TO's) We don't have to have a rooster as a mascot to still feel cocky.
I liked your post. While i agree with some of what you said, it's hard to base things off that game because we played so poorly (& still almost came back & won) despite Wilson & Coates only playing half the game due to foul trouble. I was hoping we would see you all in the SEC tournament for a rematch. Either way we play you all twice this upcoming year so I'm excited about that. Russell did a very good job guarding Coates the few times they faced but I'm interested to see that Wilson/Russell matchup.

Cuevas-Moore can shut down Morgan William so i wonder how she will perform guarding the speedy Hayes. I like Westbrook to win her matchup with whomever we try to put on her.

On another note, if i was Warlick I'd use the SEC preseason prediction as motivation for the team. There's no way Mizzou should be picked to finish ahead of UT. No way. Miss State, SC & UT are the best teams in our conference followed by Georgia, Texas A&M & the rest.

Reactions: 3 people
Jennings also starting this year and she was a hand full while at UK. Wilson/Jennings vs Russell/Nared should be fun to watch.

I liked your post. While i agree with some of what you said, it's hard to base things off that game because we played so poorly (& still almost came back & won) despite Wilson & Coates only playing half the game due to foul trouble. I was hoping we would see you all in the SEC tournament for a rematch. Either way we play you all twice this upcoming year so I'm excited about that. Russell did a very good job guarding Coates the few times they faced but I'm interested to see that Wilson/Russell matchup.

Cuevas-Moore can shut down Morgan William so i wonder how she will perform guarding the speedy Hayes. I like Westbrook to win her matchup with whomever we try to put on her.

On another note, if i was Warlick I'd use the SEC preseason prediction as motivation for the team. There's no way Mizzou should be picked to finish ahead of UT. No way. Miss State, SC & UT are the best teams in our conference followed by Georgia, Texas A&M & the rest.

Cuevas took Morgan out of her game..... she was quicker and did what good defensive players do to the important players on the opposition.... She would not let her play the way she wanted and mentally had her beat. That was why Miss. coach took her out of the game!!!! She was beaten mentally!

She did what every coach teaches! Don’t let the person you are guarding get the ball.... and if they do, don’t let them do what they like to do! (Taught by coaches before you play them and watching game films of your opponent). Most athletes know the mental game is just as important as the physical ability to play the game!!!

VN Store

Back