Staley Seeking Waiver For T'ea Cooper

South Carolina basketball: Te’a Cooper may play this year | The State

Should she get it? What would the basis be?

I frankly forget if she was dropped or allowed to withdraw.

Stories have been released that she got into a fight with Jaime Nared and the school told her she could transfer or be dismissed. Pretty good read. I like how Dawn doesn’t want to punish the athlete by her sitting out to years and saying she misses a year due to her injury. She could be playing if she wasn’t asked to leave...🤔

Reactions: 1 person
This is some drama b.s. Cooper rode her scholarship at TN and had her medical bills paid. Then she was kicked out of the dorms, went ratchet on a fellow player, given grace to get a transfer TO A COMPETING SCHOOL... Her own actions brought her to this point. She does not deserve a waiver under any stretch of the imagination. If she wanted to play, then she should have followed the rules and stayed at TN in good standing. Or she could go JUCO or lower division. There's something rotten if she is allowed to play this season at SC.

Reactions: 15 people
This is some drama b.s. Cooper rode her scholarship at TN and had her medical bills paid. Then she was kicked out of the dorms, went ratchet on a fellow player, given grace to get a transfer TO A COMPETING SCHOOL... Her own actions brought her to this point. She does not deserve a waiver under any stretch of the imagination. If she wanted to play, then she should have followed the rules and stayed at TN in good standing. Or she could go JUCO or lower division. There's something rotten if she is allowed to play this season at SC.

What he said! 👆🏻 But... It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if they give her the waiver. Nothing surprises me anymore.

If Cooper plays like she did here five and six turnovers a game bring her on we could use the extra possessions.
I am in no way concerned hopefully she gets to play this season. Maybe Dawn can get her to play under control otherwise I am sure she will find the bench.

I don't understand why she would want to play this year anyways, with Harris, Moore, and Spann likely ahead of her on the depth chart.

If Cooper plays like she did here five and six turnovers a game bring her on we could use the extra possessions.
I am in no way concerned hopefully she gets to play this season. Maybe Dawn can get her to play under control otherwise I am sure she will find the bench.

I don't think she should play. It rewards her bad behavior and indirectly punishes those that follow the rules. Isn't it bad enough what trouble she caused for those that work so hard? We should have NEVER let her transfer within the SEC. This wasn't a deserving set of circumstances. Jmo

Reactions: 11 people
I don't think she should play. It rewards her bad behavior and indirectly punishes those that follow the rules. Isn't it bad enough what trouble she caused for those that work so hard? We should have NEVER let her transfer within the SEC. This wasn't a deserving set of circumstances. Jmo

I wasn't caring one way or another and your probably right they should make her sit out for acting like she did. I'm thinking the fact that she got to transfer to an SEC school may be the reason she is applying for the waiver. I suspect she is saying that she got kicked out of school which may not be to far from the truth. In that situation it wouldn't be a transfer she would be a free agent to go to any school she wanted to enroll at.

I wasn't caring one way or another and your probably right they should make her sit out for acting like she did. I'm thinking the fact that she got to transfer to an SEC school may be the reason she is applying for the waiver. I suspect she is saying that she got kicked out of school which may not be to far from the truth. In that situation it wouldn't be a transfer she would be a free agent to go to any school she wanted to enroll at.

Getting kicked out doesn't make you a free agent. There have got to be rules in place to prevent that, don't you think?

Reactions: 2 people
It will be a great Injustice if Cooper is allowed to play this season.

But, it would be very interesting watching Cooper play against the Lady Vols on January 14th and February 25th.

I don't understand why she would want to play this year anyways, with Harris, Moore, and Spann likely ahead of her on the depth chart.

I think playing with Cuevas-Moore will be GREAT for Cooper. Any attitude issues would be handled upfront and quickly. It's Bianca's team and she's not taking any $#*!... JMO

Reactions: 4 people
Getting kicked out doesn't make you a free agent. There have got to be rules in place to prevent that, don't you think?

That is simply what Dawn is trying to push so we'll see if she is successful or not. I agree she shouldn't play but if she does haven't seen anything from her that would make me think that SC doesn't have at least three guards that are better.

You guys must have forgotten how horribly and selfishly she played as a Lafy Vol. loser on the court and in life.

Please let her play this year = advantage Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
A strong hand on the reins tames the wildest mule/gamechicken. Te'a will be great for Cacklelacky U. That's why I hope she never gets to play there. :)

She (Williams)wouldn't be eligible till next season, ya goofball. :) Still has to play her senior year of HS.

You guys must have forgotten how horribly and selfishly she played as a Lafy Vol. loser on the court and in life.

Please let her play this year = advantage Tennessee.

Wow this is a very disgusting post. It's one thing to shame her as a athlete because of her letdown at Tennessee, but to call her a loser in life?? Wow I hope your kids don't get inspiration from you because your sick.

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe it could have been more diplomatically stated, but someone who's asked to leave college due to repeated disciplinary issues isn't exactly on a winning track. Hopefully SC doesn't find her to be a poison pill.

She (Williams)wouldn't be eligible till next season, ya goofball. :) Still has to play her senior year of HS.

Sorry Skippy definition we were talking two years from now when Cooper is supposedly eligible also. She being Cooper meaning she might not play in two seasons if Williams signs as Williams will be eligible that year also.

Last edited:
Sorry Skippy definition we were talking two years from now when Cooper is supposedly eligible also. She being Cooper meaning she might not play in two seasons if Williams signs as Williams will be eligible that year also.

Do Williams and Cooper play the same position? I thought cooper was a PG and Williams a two guard?

Do Williams and Cooper play the same position? I thought cooper was a PG and Williams a two guard?
Probably not but there are at least two other perimeter players to consider that will play a lot this season and shouldn't lose playing time next season. I am all for Cooper playing but she has to be a lot better than she was at Tennessee. Dawn will not accept the way she played here.

VN Store

Back