MeMe Jackson should Start

T.J.

University of Tennessee Athletics

Might MeMe gotten better over the summer? I hope so! At 5'11 with foot speed and a somewhat of a killer 3pt shot. As a junior she could be evolving into a go to player, at least that's what I am hoping for.

Evina, MeMe, Jaime, Kortney & Mercedes are my dream starters.

Anastasia, Evina, Jaime, Cheredine and Cedes might be a better 5, though? I don't know.

It's anyone's guess on what this Lady Vol squad will become A team of losers, winners or we were this close? Lets enjoy this ride together LV fans.......Some fun surprises are in store for us I can just FEEEL it. GLVS!:)

MeMe has answered my question!

She's legit y'all. Playing like a fierce competitor, confident, consistent and with a fantastic smile! i am enjoying her game a lot! Very unexpected....

Good job MeMe. Keep up the good work!

GOMeMeJackson!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Assuming Dunbar is healthy, I would like to see Dunbar and Jackson start. I would like for them to build some confidence.

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't doubt this possibly being a make or break year for Holly...lots of potential on this team...yep, should be a fun ride...:)...and,

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...."somewhat of a killer three-point shot"? Where did you get that little nugget? She shot 33 percent from the three-point line last year. That was a big improvement over her freshman season when she made 1 of 16 treys. It would certainly be nice if she were a serious three-point threat this year--but we'll have to see her do it first.

...."somewhat of a killer three-point shot"? Where did you get that little nugget? She shot 33 percent from the three-point line last year. That was a big improvement over her freshman season when she made 1 of 16 treys. It would certainly be nice if she were a serious three-point threat this year--but we'll have to see her do it first.

As long as they win, I don't care who starts!

Start Kortney. Play Kortney. Shoot the ball Kortney. All day long!

Assuming Dunbar is healthy, I would like to see Dunbar and Jackson start. I would like for them to build some confidence.

I agree! :good!:

They're upperclassmen. They know the system erratic as it is. We need 3 point shooters with MeMe and Kortney we got'em. And if Cedes spends more time in the paint just think of the advantages that the LVs will have?

MeMe's 33% 3 pt shooting came at some opportune times. Especially her game winning shot against Notre Dame. That's why I hope she had a successful summer in improving her game.

If she improves at the same rate she did between her freshman and sophomore year, she'll shoot 59.75% from 3 this season.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't doubt this possibly being a make or break year for Holly...lots of potential on this team...yep, should be a fun ride...:)...and,

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF the head coach doesn't get that potential to work Holly's going for sure.

Yes it is going to be a fun season! It's the unknowns that got me excited..

GOLADYVOLS!

MeMe's 33% 3 pt shooting came at some opportune times. Especially her game winning shot against Notre Dame. That's why I hope she had a successful summer in improving her game.

I hope she has learned how to make fast break lay ups! She blew several attempts. 😁

I hope she has learned how to make fast break lay ups! She blew several attempts. 😁

Yes, and she was not the only player layups.

If we go back and look, a few of those losses would have been wins if layups were made.

If she improves at the same rate she did between her freshman and sophomore year, she'll shoot 59.75% from 3 this season.

Holy crap, think of the possibilities! As a senior she could shoot 87% and by the time she's in the WNBA she'll be making more shots than she takes:dance2:

Reactions: 4 people

Nared's GW shot or MeMe's vs Notre Dame ?

I hope she has improved enough to win a starting position. Still the best five should start even if that means three freshmen.

University of Tennessee Athletics

Might MeMe gotten better over the summer? I hope so! At 5'11 with foot speed and a somewhat of a killer 3pt shot. As a junior she could be evolving into a go to player, at least that's what I am hoping for.

Evina, MeMe, Jaime, Kortney & Mercedes are my dream starters.

Anastasia, Evina, Jaime, Cheredine and Cedes might be a better 5, though? I don't know.

It's anyone's guess on what this Lady Vol squad will become A team of losers, winners or we were this close? Lets enjoy this ride together LV fans.......Some fun surprises are in store for us I can just FEEEL it. GLVS!:)

Kortney would never start a game. Hasn't shown any reason why she should. But do hope she has improved! Meme is probably the only player that would start over that second lineup.

What has kortney shown that she even deserve to start? Starting doesn't equal confidence. Now if she has made this miraculous leap in her game then I will get it. But otherwise there's not a chance in hell.

I agree! :good!:

They're upperclassmen. They know the system erratic as it is. We need 3 point shooters with MeMe and Kortney we got'em. And if Cedes spends more time in the paint just think of the advantages that the LVs will have?

Neither player was great from the 3pt line but Kortney was even worse than meme last season. When she did get in she missed a lot of open 3s. Why start some1 that hasn't earned it. I think I know why a few people has come up with this idiotic thought. But I would so like to be wrong on this 1.

Neither Kortney nor MeMe have shown anything in previous years that makes me think they deserve to start this year. If they've massively improved in the off-season, fine, but otherwise they'll both be role players, again.

Neither Kortney nor MeMe have shown anything in previous years that makes me think they deserve to start this year. If they've massively improved in the off-season, fine, but otherwise they'll both be role players, again.

Well, MeMe did start about 20 games last year.

Well, MeMe did start about 20 games last year.

MeMe also played 20+ min/g last season. I could see her as a starter at the beginning of the season and having her minutes go down as the freshmen wings get acclimated to the college game. I'd be very surprised if the only guard with college experience on the team is on the bench at the start of the season, although it would be a pleasant surprise if one of the freshmen are good enough on day 1 to start over her.

My guess is that she will initially start in the backcourt alongside Westbrook, with Nared, Green and Russell in the front court. But I see little chance at all for Kortney to start.

MeMe also played 20+ min/g last season. I could see her as a starter at the beginning of the season and having her minutes go down as the freshmen wings get acclimated to the college game. I'd be very surprised if the only guard with college experience on the team is on the bench at the start of the season, although it would be a pleasant surprise if one of the freshmen are good enough on day 1 to start over her.

My guess is that she will initially start in the backcourt alongside Westbrook, with Nared, Green and Russell in the front court. But I see little chance at all for Kortney to start.

I would go with Westbrook, Davis, Mercedes, Jaime, and Green. JMHO:loco:

VN Store

Back